Ulster Vs Munster Fri 21st Dec @ 19.35 Premier Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Munster Fri 21st Dec @ 19.35 Premier Sport

Post by Neill_M »

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster team to play Munster, Guinness PRO14, Friday 21st December, Kingspan Stadium (7.35pm):

(15-9): L Ludik; H Speight, W Addison, S McCloskey, R Baloucoune; B Burns, J Cooney;

(1-8): E O’Sullivan, R Herring (captain), M Moore, I Nagle, K Treadwell, S Reidy, J Murphy, M Coetzee;

(16-23): R Best, K McCall, R Kane, C Ross, N Timoney, D Shanahan, J McPhillips, J Hume.

MUNSTER: M Haley; D Sweetnam, S Arnold, J Taute (c), A Wootton; JJ Hanrahan, A Mathewson; J Loughman, K O’Byrne, S Archer; J Kleyn, D O’Shea; F Wycherley, C Oliver, A Botha.

Subs: M Sherry, D Kilcoyne, C Parker, G Coombes, T O’Donnell, N Cronin, B Johnston, S Daly.

For those that prefer text rather than the pictures! >EW

Paddy Power have Ulster -9, Munster +9.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Hope big Ian doesn’t take it easy as the Johnny come lately.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We should beat them but we will probably make hard work of it. I'm hoping Stockdale is just rested.

Predicting a MOTM display from Arno.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

They will come to give us a hard time physically despite leaving out some frontliners. Glad Arnold is there, as he gets to see what a good 13 is.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

So no Dalton afterall. Doesn't say much for any young 2nd row if Clive Ross is preferred, out of position.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dave wrote:So no Dalton afterall. Doesn't say much for any young 2nd row if Clive Ross is preferred, out of position.
Hasn’t he only played one AIL game after coming back from injury? He might not be ready. At the same point in his return from injury, Kyle McCall was named on the bench against Scarlets away purely out of necessity, but he wasn’t used because he was still a week away from match fitness.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:So no Dalton afterall. Doesn't say much for any young 2nd row if Clive Ross is preferred, out of position.
Hasn’t he only played one AIL game after coming back from injury? He might not be ready. At the same point in his return from injury, Kyle McCall was named on the bench against Scarlets away purely out of necessity, but he wasn’t used because he was still a week away from match fitness.
Although covering 2nd row, most likely see Cross come on backrow with the same backrow now for several weeks being flogged quite a bit.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
I was under the impression that he was fit again. He was reported as such in the press. Perhaps he had a set back.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Dave wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
I was under the impression that he was fit again. He was reported as such in the press. Perhaps he had a set back.
Yeah there’s fit and there’s fit though. Straight into an interpro with one AIL game under your belt was probably judged too much of a gamble. That would be my guess. Also McFarland has probably had very little opportunity to work with him yet.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

How long's Thompson been fit?

Dalton well, don't rate him much myself but there's plenty of time in his career to develop into something useful.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tender wrote:But surrounded by friends.
See you there Baggy. You should publish your pre match location and let the snowflakes shake your hand and thank you for helping them.
It is a snowflake free zone around where baggy stands in the bar, any females spotted in the vicinity are also not snowflakes and treat them like one and you will discover that they sing from the same book as baggy.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’d expect nothing else.
Hoping Nagle Takes it To The Limit...

I did warn you I was gonna flog this...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Dave wrote:
LegsLikeSausages wrote:
Yeah there’s fit and there’s fit though. Straight into an interpro with one AIL game under your belt was probably judged too much of a gamble. That would be my guess. Also McFarland has probably had very little opportunity to work with him yet.
Very true. I'm hoping that Dan will have a good impact on him. He seems to have done some decent work with the forwards already.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

There's no excuse for Ulster if they don't win this game. Not that Munster are sending up a nothing team, but it is a team which any reasonable home team should expect to win against. Simple as that really.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.