Gibbes away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

TopPoster
Initiate

Re: Gibbes away

Post by TopPoster »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:Not sure why Bryn would say near rock bottom, is it going to get worse?

At the end of the day it all comes back to developing youngsters through the academy, if you do that year after year any turnover in the coaching staff isn't a big deal, but given that there isn't much we have done well for a long time there are real issues.
if this isn't rock bottom what the feck will be..
Hmm, quite easy this one: the 2 idiots guilty. Or cleared and sacked, the Hendy goes too, Jihad retires, Marcell makes a comeback match and breaks for his third season in a row, we get relegated to the Parker Pen and fail to get out of the group stages, Cooney goes back to Connacht and p gets a new contract.
You're a sick-bar steward with that last one...
p is getting new contract,should be announced soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fcuk me sideways, I was only raking like, no need to take it that far FFS!!!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

And for that reason I'm out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Logan has been told he is going, that's why he is not allowed to open his mouth, only a sad figure, a better man would have, sip the whiskey and took the shot
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kofi Annan wrote:Logan has been told he is going, that's why he is not allowed to open his mouth, only a sad figure, a better man would have, sip the whiskey and took the shot
Why not announced now? It’s not as if it would cause any more hassle.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

kingofthehill wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Logan has been told he is going, that's why he is not allowed to open his mouth, only a sad figure, a better man would have, sip the whiskey and took the shot

LOgan was told the same day, that Kiss was moved on, Logan was not involved in a meeting after and was told he was going, one person made the decision for both not to be announced at the same time (that was by the Shamatuers)

GIbbs announcement was out of the blue and I expect Logan's impending departure to be made public as not much more damage can be done.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:

Agreed
Get all the turbulence over and done with. Start with a clean slate.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

Agreed
Get all the turbulence over and done with. Start with a clean slate.
You mean end with a clean sheet
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:

LOgan was told the same day, that Kiss was moved on, Logan was not involved in a meeting after and was told he was going, one person made the decision for both not to be announced at the same time (that was by the Shamatuers)

GIbbs announcement was out of the blue and I expect Logan's impending departure to be made public as not much more damage can be done.
I wonder if the amateurs are the ones now behind the current restructuring review or have the IRFU sent up an outsider.. The last review was carried out in 2014 and has clearly failed.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I wonder how watertight Moore and Murphy's contracts are.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

So nothing so far ths season was Jonno’s fault. All down to Kiss. Yet 3 weeks into his Kiss- free enivornment, including doubling the number of our home defeats for the season, Jonno goes. What made our messiah change his mind after 3 weeks wirhout the interference of Kiss??

And apparently some players have not been selected due to some bias/irrational hatred by Kiss. Yet Jonno was not rushing to pick them either.

Kiss may not have been the answer but the idea that FOLK was our key to change and success has also been blown wide open.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I tal yis this, I'm just in the door, rubbered, fackin' monkeyed but I tal ye, I am struggling to find two fu@ks, one to rub against the other. I heard Bryn saying his meeting with Jono was emotional & I assume that there actually is a family issue rather than him just wanting out, in which case I regret saying fu@k him. Right conscience cleared, I hope whatever the issue is, it goes well.

Moving on, 2018 is beginning to sound like a knitting pattern, "sack one, release one"...............................Fu'ck yis perhaps some of the sistas will find it modestly amusing, Yisbastards. >threaten

Now Bart, that is about the third if not more post you have made along similar lines. What part of "emotional meeting, family reasons" don't you understand you cold-hearted ballix, here why not go and trampled a few graves why don't you, bust a few headstones while you're there.

Initially, you appeared to suggest that 3 games with a rock bottom squad were your evidence of Kiss not being the problem or Jono must also be a chube. Really Bart, I know you to be better than this.

Do you kick old ladies and mock cripples for fun?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I wonder how watertight Moore and Murphy's contracts are.
Like a duck'sarse BR, two lads who have not had enough rugby, they will turn up and play. Better still, neither is a Dave. Mind you, we couldn't half do with Marcell having had a miracle cure, he's as good as two men so with the two lads that's half a pack, now if only we had four more decent starters.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe with so many Daves n the team Gibbes couldn’t tell one from the other...

I reckon the supporters meeting will go a breeze now as we will simply paint a picture of a clean slate from next year and the only way is up.. one question I would ask of someone going if they can get pass the PR Police is quite simply requiring a straight answer namely who was responsible for identifying and approving the signing of the Hond, Deysel and Heron to name just three of dozens..
your question will be asked....
..........by all means, albeit I answered on Hond, Deysel & Piutau yesterday..............as indeed did Rooster a week or three back. :roll:

If you missed it, they were all sought after by one, Lesbian Kiss, you may remember him, he worked at Spanners for a while, fu@k all use and unlike the silent CEO Shane Midas Logan, aka The Quiet Man, everything Lesbian touched turned to shiite, a Reverse Midas if you will. Small fella, fusty tache and Joe90 glasses, you may have seen him about.
Did Piutau (April 2015) not come before KISS (hard to pin the exact day he came) .. that deal was being worked on for sometime and not even Bryn was involved as I think he said he was an agent at the time.. presumably not Charles's. Bryn stated that he seen Coetzee and had to sign him so I remain confused whether that was him on a shopping whim.

No doubt the above signings have Kisses fingerprints all over them but my assumption would have been Kiss was identifying positions and types of players needed along with staff and likely Bryn to some degree. Kiss wouldn't know or be expected to do the day to day chasing to see who was free and when that was Bryn's job.

Bryn would presumably then either approach agents etc to see who or what was available whilst being advised what might be coming up and when.. he would then look at the business side to see if it fits the wages...

In other words Kiss to Bryn I need a non 6 and and 8 or someone that can do both jobs at international level. Bryn to agents we are looking a big 6 or 8 with these skills do you have anything available or coming up.. Agent to Bryn yeh here are a few options or Agent to Bryn nope.. move on.. or same Agent to Bryn no but we have player C becoming available next year would he fit your needs and he will only cost this.. etc etc etc...

Cockers - i think this sums it up perfectly. Kiss’s fingerprints may be on the file to some extent but i very much doubt Bryn’s sole role was exection of contracts. Did Kiss really say “ i have seen the youtube reel, get the Hond in” or was the area identified and Bryn went to his mates to sort it?

I hear tonight the tough talkng Fez talking up Bryn. Is that in the same way he talks up his mate Tommy Bowe and others he played alongside?

Bryn’s role needs to be independently assessed, not based on what certain current players who playeda alongside him are saying, or former players who did likewise.

There also needs tp be a dose of realism. Humphreys recruited Afoa, Muller, Pedrie, Ruan and Jared because we had the money to do so. Only Marcell amd Piutau come anywhere near that, so we need to recognise the same budget is not there.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I tal yis this, I'm just in the door, rubbered, fackin' monkeyed but I tal ye, I am struggling to find two fu@ks, one to rub against the other. I heard Bryn saying his meeting with Jono was emotional & I assume that there actually is a family issue rather than him just wanting out, in which case I regret saying fu@k him. Right conscience cleared, I hope whatever the issue is, it goes well.

Moving on, 2018 is beginning to sound like a knitting pattern, "sack one, release one"...............................Fu'ck yis perhaps some of the sistas will find it modestly amusing, Yisbastards. >threaten

Now Bart, that is about the third if not more post you have made along similar lines. What part of "emotional meeting, family reasons" don't you understand you cold-hearted ballix, here why not go and trampled a few graves why don't you, bust a few headstones while you're there.

Initially, you appeared to suggest that 3 games with a rock bottom squad were your evidence of Kiss not being the problem or Jono must also be a chube. Really Bart, I know you to be better than this.

Do you kick old ladies and mock cripples for fun?

Baggy - you posted that the aussie job was not happening and he was staying, yet barely a week later he has announced he is leaving.. Did he really say that because it is factually correct and he is not taking it but have no regard for his current employer amd fans who are only interested on whether he is staying or not? Kiss went and Gibbes got the job, yet less than a month later he has decided to leave. Did he have no idea what the current set up was like? I respect family decisions but when offered the top job would he not have been aware of how his family felt before deciding whether to take it? This seems like a sudden change of heart and quite frankly whilst it may be family decisions the question remains why did he not tell ulster about that a month Ago when offerd the job?
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Probably absolutely feck all chance of it but if there was any way that the IRFU could wangle it surely Conor O'Shea would be pretty damn good as DOR. I also, perhaps optimistically, feel that we have to still have some draw for a good coach. The team has to be at the bottom of the curve similar to when McCall left, good support base, good stadium. Oh and the best band in the Pro14