Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Replacement 10

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:Burying your head in the sand and pretending the wassap conversation didn't come to light is not an option. It's basically the Trump locker room talk argument.
Trumps locker room talk was an admission to sexual assault. So that point is bullshit.

I'm not burying my head in the sand, I acknowledge that such behaviour is a sad reality of life in this generation that i find distasteful. However, in the greater scheme of things, the comments by Jackson and Olding were fairly tame. If you believe anything else, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
I find your reaction a bit strong considering all I was calling for was a slap on the wrist. Just an acknowledgment that it was wrong and a chance for everybody to move on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

From the judge (verbatim according to the reporter)
Men may use expressions that are common parlance between themselves but that might not reflect what they actually think
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:Burying your head in the sand and pretending the wassap conversation didn't come to light is not an option. It's basically the Trump locker room talk argument.
Trumps locker room talk was an admission to sexual assault. So that point is bullshit.

I'm not burying my head in the sand, I acknowledge that such behaviour is a sad reality of life in this generation that i find distasteful. However, in the greater scheme of things, the comments by Jackson and Olding were fairly tame. If you believe anything else, you are living in cloud cuckoo land.
I find your reaction a bit strong considering all I was calling for was a slap on the wrist. Just an acknowledgment that it was wrong and a chance for everybody to move on.
:shock: Didn't think or intend it to be a strong reaction at all. I'm just bemused that a man of the world doesn't realise that sexually charged braggadocios talk among friends, both male and female, is as common as breathing.

The punishment is not the issue. I think they deserve a reprimand for putting themselves in a stupid position which reflects back on the organisation they represent.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:From the judge (verbatim according to the reporter)
Men may use expressions that are common parlance between themselves but that might not reflect what they actually think
Rosanna Cooney's twitter report of the Judge's summing up is worth reading.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So did they manage to fix the photocopier?
It’s likely on a three hour response time, but if it needs parts ordered they’d be lucky to get them by Monday afternoon.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:From the judge (verbatim according to the reporter)
Rosanna Cooney's twitter report of the Judge's summing up is worth reading.
Mondays bit about key evidence will be interesting and key to how she thinks what verdicts should be reached
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

:shock: Didn't think or intend it to be a strong reaction at all. I'm just bemused that a man of the world doesn't realise that sexually charged braggadocios talk among friends, both male and female, is as common as breathing.

The punishment is not the issue. I think they deserve a reprimand for putting themselves in a stupid position which reflects back on the organisation they represent.
Don't worry I'm as braggadocios as the next man.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

ColinM wrote:IIRC the main derogatory comment in the wassap exchanges came from another member of the playing squad who wasn't named and isn't on trial - either in court or on twitter :roll:
Absolutely agree.

In other news judge disparaging of other wabs on Twitter!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

big mervyn wrote:
Deraless wrote:There were certainly disrespectful messages sent by BM. .

I absolutely refute that.
I thought the love Belfast sluts comment was ill judged. Didn't refer to the complainant.

As has been stated the worst were from others not on trial.

Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Reprimand - yes. I'd give them a 6 month suspension from all rugby from the date the charge was brought against them, and then as you were.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Agreed Colin.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not claiming moral high ground but the attitude to woman leaves a lot to be desired .

For example the invitation to join in is a sure morale booster for the girl in the existing 3 some .
While it may have been meant as a joke it is crass to say the least .

Personally having read the evidence make public and common sense it is possible to be assured that her initial reluctance to go to the police was due to the fact her claim was a fictitious attempt to protect her reputation and explain her tears when going home which were for a completely different, but for a 19 year equally humiliating reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

therealspratt wrote:
LadyP wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I loathe that people here are moralising in peoples morals. I further loathe that it’s inferred that only those of adherence to the morality envisaged by the Ulster Way should be permitted to play for one’s favoured Rugby team.

I couldn’t give a tinker’s fück if they are the most immoral creatures that walk the planet, if they are innocent of the crimes alleged I see no reason whatsoever why this circus should impact on their careers, indeed, for me, assuming the jury are not clowns, we should feel aggrieved on their behalf, especially the one who has not received legal aid and to have their careers threatened on illconsidered charges, a botched investagion and doubtless the most horrific 20 months anyone in a relatively peaceful society could envisage.

Some of you should shove your outraged morality up yer holes. I believe they have done nothing wrong, even the bragging and bullshit, it’s common amongst this generation, it maybe unappealing but it’s not a serious issue.

Now FFFS wise the fûck up, live your own lives and stop trying to impose your nonsense on others.
Could not agree more, as my old granny told me , Love, be a whorè in Bed, a chef in the kitchen and always be a lady at church on a Sunday . I followed her advice and married a Cof Ireland Minister
The issue isn't what wild activities young ones get up to in bed, three ways, four ways, whips and chains, whatever, so long as it's consensual, it's the lack of respect towards women.
And yet, we hear the character witnesses for Paddy saying how respectful he is to everyone male and female alike, we hear how he is well-liked within the squad, we hear testimony that he would dream of using the "do you not know who I am" card, but instead Spratty you appear to be judging him purely on what daft wee lads say to each other on a forum they believe to be private and between only their group of friends? Of course believing it to be private, they might have included something along the lines of "that bird wasn't keen but after some gentle arm twisting she was mad for it", nothing at all of that nature & furthermore the prosecution have allegedly presented messages out of order and some prior to the "incident" to put a slant on things which is just dishonest.

I'll tell you what I dislike, men or women who make shyte up to save face.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:You couldn't believe it, the photocopier has broken down so all is on hold.
I have seen that excuse used before..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would like to see the photo apparently posted on Whats App Group of the three ladies downstairs, the nice middle class ones I think the barrister called them.. taken by one of the gentlemen and of the three ladies on their knees.. that story could be told a number of ways and effectively is being told with references to sluts and other names.. but yet the photo could tell a whole different story then again maybe not..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU