Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42469741

1F Feels the supporters should listen to this, all okay then Stevie, guess who has had his wings clipped.
I can only assume that Stevie wants people to watch it, to see how full of horseshite Kiss is. Not his fault, the bloody players didn't implement his master plan.

If he put in in any other context - link please? I think perhaps he has been reduced to trying to point people in the right direction rather than say what he thinks. If I'm wrong, again ...... link please?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

See Big Stevie had his Twitter account hacked by Leslie then.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Some of you have a real problem with sarcasm?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Setanta wrote:Some of you have a real problem with sarcasm?
Really
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

In fairness to kiss the playing personel is at an all time low. The team is crap. Losing olding and Jackson was the cherry on the cake after Ruan went out the door. Worst pack I remember for a long time with Henry past his best. I can't see many coaches doing much with this side. Needs serious investment.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

againstthehead wrote:In fairness to kiss the playing personel is at an all time low. The team is crap. Losing olding and Jackson was the cherry on the cake after Ruan went out the door. Worst pack I remember for a long time with Henry past his best. I can't see many coaches doing much with this side. Needs serious investment.
http://www.a15mangame.com/

Very good article.

Serious investment in the clubs and school is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Excellent article!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Further investment is needed for sure. As for right now, we have what seems like a talented group in the academy. Also some of the graduates upgraded to first team contracts need a shot. Give McPhillips a run behind Lele and Cairns behind Cooney. The problem is that once a nipper comes in, usually because a dave is injured, and shows promise, they are discarded when the dave returns.

Right now we have major issues at LH prop. So why not turn to O'Hagan? Don't wait until everyone is injured but see what he can offer now. We have given far far too many caps to very poor players. Would Diack, Ross and p even get near the Connacht team? No they wouldn't but here we are Ulster have 200 caps...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Dave wrote:Further investment is needed for sure. As for right now, we have what seems like a talented group in the academy. Also some of the graduates upgraded to first team contracts need a shot. Give McPhillips a run behind Lele and Cairns behind Cooney. The problem is that once a nipper comes in, usually because a dave is injured, and shows promise, they are discarded when the dave returns.

Right now we have major issues at LH prop. So why not turn to O'Hagan? Don't wait until everyone is injured but see what he can offer now. We have given far far too many caps to very poor players. Would Diack, Ross and p even get near the Connacht team? No they wouldn't but here we are Ulster have 200 caps...
So, the Academy is starting to work . Boy time someone regonised that.

Anyone who watches club rugby can see how good some of them are.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Dave wrote:Further investment is needed for sure. As for right now, we have what seems like a talented group in the academy. Also some of the graduates upgraded to first team contracts need a shot. Give McPhillips a run behind Lele and Cairns behind Cooney. The problem is that once a nipper comes in, usually because a dave is injured, and shows promise, they are discarded when the dave returns.

Of the current 46-man Senior Squad listed on the Ulster Rugby web site, 20 players have been recruited from outside the Province’s 9 counties – from elsewhere in Ireland, England, Australia, New Zealand and of course South Africa.

The Academy has to be better. The photo at the start of the year showed basically 1 to 1 staff/academy player ratio.

I can’t have the academy staff promoting (self promoting) themselves. Half the academy came through the clubs/schools in Leinster.

Genuine question — What are Leinster and Munster doing that Ulster aren’t?

We should be in a better place given the facilities, revenue etc

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ok, we've done the Academy debate umpteen times.

We are in meltdown right now.
Right in the middle of a shyte season. Pouring a gazillion pounds into the Academy isn't gonna help fix what's wrong with this season, or next.
We have a team who are largely going through the motions. They only show some fight when it's looking like a lost cause, or when we lift them. They aren't hitting hard enough, not because of poor technique but because they don't believe in what they're doing. The Tinker Man has confused them all and they don't know what his game plan is because he'd struggle to explain how to make tea.
He's a Di@k, who hasn't got a clue.
We could roll 20 meat eating flying monsters out of the Academy every year from now until the end of days. If Kiss is in charge, it won't matter a feck. He'll p1sh away every talent he's given.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

On a brighter note it was good to see Ruan's world wide search for British citizenship ended in Lisburn.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Deraless wrote:On a brighter note it was good to see Ruan's world wide search for British citizenship ended in Lisburn.
Centre of the universe ? Any wonder we don't go past it for coaches
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

kingofthehill wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:

Of the current 46-man Senior Squad listed on the Ulster Rugby web site, 20 players have been recruited from outside the Province’s 9 counties – from elsewhere in Ireland, England, Australia, New Zealand and of course South Africa.

The Academy has to be better. The photo at the start of the year showed basically 1 to 1 staff/academy player ratio.

I can’t have the academy staff promoting (self promoting) themselves. Half the academy came through the clubs/schools in Leinster.

Genuine question — What are Leinster and Munster doing that Ulster aren’t?

We should be in a better place given the facilities, revenue etc

King , I may be wrong but do the academy staff not look after Under 16, 17, 18 clubs, and then schools as well as A team and academy so is it not really understaffed then I counted 10 staff 19 Academy players in that photo. How many players in all those squads, I would think that the Academy staff would be higher numbers to be honest.

Name the half of the Academy that came from Leinster ?( I count 4 out of 19)

Ulster Schhols won the Interpros this year and iircc, 20s beat Leinster in Dublin, but bottom line is playing numbers, Ulster can never match Dublin, and Munster are not that far ahead if you sit back and really look at it.

Revenue and facilities, maybe if less money was spent on management Ulster did not need, and free trips for the free loading committee men things might improve, just a guess mind you as you seem to be in the know.