Free Darren Cave!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Free Darren Cave!!

Post by Dave »

I prefer to watch Jonno in the coaching bubble...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gary wrote:Maybe tears of joy, Rooster :D
There would be one hell of a party in our bar.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Hard not to be drunk off with UR Head Honcho at his treatment of an established and accomplished player. To His Kissness I would say only this.....
You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately ... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!
And I will pay the taxi to the airport of your choice.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dharper wrote:Marshall Payne Ludik maybe even a few appearances for stockdale? I personally wouldn’t want 3 injury prone players periodically covering 13, really don’t see how that is going to help matters.
Any 13s coming through the academy? I agree that a 13 would be a waste of an overseas player, perhaps there could be an inter province signing to come? I certainly wouldn’t be binning DC without a direct replacement sorted, and that’s before we consider SO at 12 not featuring.
Nice to see the media are happy to raise issues like this now.
I’ve not flown over to see them play this season yet, is there open dissent re LK in the ground?
Dh, it would be a mistake to think that the gurning we do here is representative, in general, or perhaps I should speak for myself only, we are a small pocket of grumpy ne'er-do-wells with an inflated sense of our own expertise.

So no, I get no real sense of a general hostility to FOLK other than in my own circle and the denizens of this forum who I regularly see. As Rooster I think it was said, there is a general dullness in the crowd, the attempts at a false whipping up via the band & the Q-chube seem to go down like a lead balloon and the attendance figures do not lie, they are down around 2500 on average compared to last season.

The rugby has in general been worse than the results & the fixture list has been incredibly kind, we have not had a match away yet that we should not have won. We've had both main competitors in the Weak Section at home, Scaaaalets who we rescued the game against & Mexico who devoured us without even engaging third gear.

There have been injuries but then there always are. The best that can be said about the season to date is that the team have shown that even if the rugby has not been great, most of the time, they fight hard, both to defend close to the line which is definitely where our best defensive efforts have been, and to fight for a result when things are pear-shaped which has rescued results against Scarlets, Kings, Treviso & Dragons without which Kiss would be out the door.

Luckily we have had a team as bad as Hairyquims and Wasps were really low when they came to us. It has created a facade of respectability around a disappointing string of poor performances. Quims away was an unexpected pleasure, the only real performance of substance was a weakened Ulster against Scarlets who were just 2 short of their best team. I've been waiting for as good a performance ...............and waiting, and waiting and I'm still waiting.

Anyway, sure, there is a new year coming, maybe we might see another decent performance ........against Munster would be good.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Feck Baggy - there has been some drivel written on here in recent times but as a piece of balanced comment I think you have nailed it :thumleft:

The season so far has neither been an unmitigated disaster (we are still in the mix in both competitions) nor one where we can say with any credibility that there has been real progress, performance or results wise. If Kiss, Jonno and co are true to their word then we shall see things click sometime soon and better oerformances and results, but we are all waiting for evidence of this. On the flip side we have rescued some disasters and maybe the belief shown at Quins away to deliver under pressure was derived from that.

Injuries have been bad, with Best, Deysel and Coetzee all virtually non existent so far this season. However not having these guys should mean struggling against the likes of La R, Leinster or Munster, but not Zebre, Treviso and Kings.

On Les Kiss I would say there are more grumblings than just on here, based on fans i know who never read this forum, but are also not bakebookers - they claim it is possible to have a life outside of either but i am yet to be convinced. A couple of good performances and wins could turn that around though, as I don’t think it is personal to Kiss, more a case of accountability.

What to expect next? To be honest, i have not a clue. Part of me thinks (or is it just hopes) that these oast couple of wins will lead to a more consistent level of performance and a couple of interpro wins, but equally i would not be surprised to be going ah feck, defense, lineout and scrum shambles following a defeat at the Sportsground.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Accountability , great word, but in UR there is so many layers. The coldness of accountability never gets through them,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

as Kofi says.. create layer on layer and accountability is practicly non-existent and with that problems can be pushed around the corridors of power with no one being responsible.

Separately.... What exactly does a Spirit Officer do and how is it that the person in the job has all the relevant qualifications when they previously did a completely different job within the same organisation. It seems you can move from one funded job to another as everyone with all the skills can only be found in the offices at BT6. The Spirit Officer was previously the Ulster Woman's Team Manager and before that something else...
Last edited by Cockatrice on Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The spirit officer, I assume, conducts the seances at which they are hoping to contact the dead - Kiss's brain.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Well we need a new Spirit Officer then. Present one hasn't found the Kiss brain yet.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

As a sampler of many a different gin, I would like to apply for the position of Spirit Officer.

Who knows, I might get a run at 13 some week.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

222toHounslow wrote:As a sampler of many a different gin, I would like to apply for the position of Spirit Officer.

Im prefer a rum at 13 over a run

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:As a sampler of many a different gin, I would like to apply for the position of Spirit Officer.

Im prefer a rum at 13 over a run

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ .. and that is what has made u the man you are today.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Right now I'd take a run at a well lubed Donkey if I thought it would hasten Kiss's demise.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:Right now I'd take a run at a well lubed Donkey if I thought it would hasten Kiss's demise.
Bareback?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Can the spirit officer not tell the PR officer that in the spirit of the game of rugby there is no need for commandments, a playlist or a fecking band? Or maybe that is the role of the match day manager or the communications manager or the event co-ordinator or maybe the marketing manager?