Dave Ah Feck up before the beak tomorrow...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Dave Ah Feck up before the beak tomorrow...

Post by therealspratt »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:I think we all agree that Gibbes knows a thing or two about forwards so let's see what happens next season. It would be great if McCall, Simpson and Kane etc broke through a la Furlong and then if Ah You doesn't shape up he won't be in the reckoning. But let's see how it pans out.
I'd settle for them being "not quite Furlong", he I believe is an extra special TH, the sort who teams will try to attract with big money so doubtless, the FIRFU will spend several millions of yoyos on retaining him over the next decade. I'd settle for a Cian Healy & Marty Moore types. >EW
Christ I'd be happy with a Michael Bent type, can't see any of the current crop approaching Healy. It'll probably be a decade before Ulster produce a regular international prop.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

therealspratt wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:I think we all agree that Gibbes knows a thing or two about forwards so let's see what happens next season. It would be great if McCall, Simpson and Kane etc broke through a la Furlong and then if Ah You doesn't shape up he won't be in the reckoning. But let's see how it pans out.
I'd settle for them being "not quite Furlong", he I believe is an extra special TH, the sort who teams will try to attract with big money so doubtless, the FIRFU will spend several millions of yoyos on retaining him over the next decade. I'd settle for a Cian Healy & Marty Moore types. >EW
Christ I'd be happy with a Michael Bent type, can't see any of the current crop approaching Healy. It'll probably be a decade before Ulster produce a regular international prop.
Aye & then a Mexican will be picked anyway. :roll: FIRFU
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

CIman

Your second para is a personal opinion and the fact is a ruck inspector is actually performing a role Hayes did it for years as he shuffled from side to side at the ruck -- usually taking station on the narrow side .

Some players get unlucky when it comes to refs handing out cards and blame at scrum time. It has to be recognised 2/3 of referees haven't a clue about how a front row should bind and why props disengage .

Similar it is easier for a props to become unfit and put on weight if denied the ability to exercise due to injury and therefore longer to become fit.

And it is rather improper to compare him to a player who at the moment is recognised as possibly the BEST in the 6 Ns

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist