Ospreys Vs Glasgow

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ospreys Vs Glasgow

Post by scrum5 »

2 wins and we top the league....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Joe Schmo wrote:Not really the result we want. Even if we win tomorrow.
Win tomorrow, beat Glasgow.... nothing has changed for a home semi, our destiny is in our own hands.

Ospreys still have to go away to Connacht, not a simple click and collect game.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

scrum5 wrote:SOB just received another YC for throwing a punch in retaliation
Fed up of SOB mouthing to referees, shows a lack of breeding!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Ah well, we'll just have to win tomorrow and in Glasgow. But, then, was it going to be any different, whatever the result here? Is the only difference that Glasgow have something to play for next week?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gents let me tell you something. We win 2 games were are at home, win 0 or 1 and we are away, it was always going to be this way since we screwed up at bloody Dragons.

This result was also a cert, I've been saying so for weeks, to quote a former Ulster player, "You should listen to me, I'm a world cup winner", though in fairness not at rugby. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

scrum5 wrote:SOB just received another YC for throwing a punch in retaliation
Must want a transfer to Ulster
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

solidarity wrote:Ah well, we'll just have to win tomorrow and in Glasgow. But, then, was it going to be any different, whatever the result here? Is the only difference that Glasgow have something to play for next week?
Nope a Glasgow win and no Ospreys lose bonus would have meant if we had beaten Munster tomorrow Ospreys would be 5 points adrift of us, now they are in with a real chance of finishing 2nd.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

a likely ospreys win in connacht next week would mean we need 2 wins
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster and Glasgow both got BP wins in Galway recently, no reason why Ospreys wouldn't be the same. However Edinburgh beat by Dragons, so 2 wins for the Westies could get them into 7th and the playoff. As was said before 2 wins, home semi final. Would not fancy going to Swansea for the semi final, Ospreys were v good.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Deraless wrote:a likely ospreys win in connacht next week would mean we need 2 wins
With Dragons beating Edinburgh tonight if Connacht beat Zebre tomorrow it'll move Connacht into 7th place and trying to hold onto a Champions Cup play off spot against Ospreys. Lots to play for.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

You could analyse it to the last detail if you wanted, but it doesn't change what we need to do. Two wins for a home semi-final. Anything else and we're on the road. It's as simple as that.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:Ulster and Glasgow both got BP wins in Galway recently, no reason why Ospreys wouldn't be the same. However Edinburgh beat by Dragons, so 2 wins for the Westies could get them into 7th and the playoff. As was said before 2 wins, home semi final. Would not fancy going to Swansea for the semi final, Ospreys were v good.
They are good in Swansea. Rhey chav crowd gets in the heads of the opposition outside the stadium
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If IF IF we beat Munster with a bonus point tomorrow, a lose bonus within 7 against Glasgow the week after would see us finish above them and Munster.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

UlsterNo9 wrote:If IF IF we beat Munster with a bonus point tomorrow, a lose bonus within 7 against Glasgow the week after would see us finish above them and Munster.
How do u work that out? BP tomorrow only takes us 2 ahead of weegies and 4 ahead of Munster. Weegies beat us and they are back ahead of us, we will finish level with Munster on wins so go to points difference. However ospreys win takes them past us too!
Last edited by mea97mb on Fri May 08, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

mea97mb wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:If IF IF we beat Munster with a bonus point tomorrow, a lose bonus within 7 against Glasgow the week after would see us finish above them and Munster.
How do u work that out? BP tomorrow only takes us 2 ahead of weegies and 4 ahead of Munster. Weegies beat us and they are back ahead of us, we will finish ahead on Munster with losing BP on wins. However ospreys win takes them past us too!
I am old mannix..... too many vinos :lol:

Okay a lose bonus and try bonus in Glasgow would see us above Glasgow :scratch: I think :duck: