Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets in a Fever

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scaaaaaaaaaaaaaalets in a Fever

Post by Deraless »

There must have been all manner of shenanigans involved in keeping the stadium at Lansdowne. They could only build 3 sides ffs so that half of South Dublin didn't have the sun blocked out! And when they were selling out Croke Park the IRFU was harping on about how even tho Ireland has a comparable population to Wales and Scotland in no way could we justify a 70-80,000 seater. Lets build one in the same place and add 500 capacity cos sure its always empty. I'd say thete were backhanders left, right and centre.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Deraless wrote:There must have been all manner of shenanigans involved in keeping the stadium at Lansdowne. They could only build 3 sides ffs so that half of South Dublin didn't have the sun blocked out! And when they were selling out Croke Park the IRFU was harping on about how even tho Ireland has a comparable population to Wales and Scotland in no way could we justify a 70-80,000 seater. Lets build one in the same place and add 500 capacity cos sure its always empty. I'd say thete were backhanders left, right and centre.
Just rank conservatism.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Has anyone else heard whispers that the IRFU have been buying houses in Havelock Square annonymously as they come on the market? Can't remember who told me that and it's quite possibly utter bullshit, but it would be brilliant if there was anyway they could build up the fourth stand.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

MightyRearranger wrote:Has anyone else heard whispers that the IRFU have been buying houses in Havelock Square annonymously as they come on the market? Can't remember who told me that and it's quite possibly utter bullshit, but it would be brilliant if there was anyway they could build up the fourth stand.
That has been talked about for as long as the stadium has been open.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Once a Knight wrote:As Snipe says, it's been the rumour since Pussy was a kitten. It may well be that it's an Estate Agents myth.
I went on the stadium tour last year (very entertaining it was too) and the guide said that the problem was not the houses in the immediate vacinity but that a built up side to match the other 3 would cast an enormous shadow over property much further afield and that had been a bigger concern for residents.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.