Coach of the Year Awards.

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Coach of the Year Awards.

Post by LadyP »

It was good to see the awards sponsored by Ulster Bus , but I am a bit confused as to how the City of Derry Coach, won Female Coach of the year, in fact I am a bit embarrassed for him, loses of 92-0, 86-0, 85-0, 60-0 etc with only one win all year and he is awarded Coach of the year, what about the coaches for Queens and Cooke, Cooke promoted to AIL 1 and Queens in All Ireland Plate .

Instonians men's Coach won the men's award and rightly so for the great run and winning their league with a chance to make it back to the ranks of All Ireland, I assume then the criteria for winning the award must be for something other than coaching?

Quick Question .

Does anyone know if any of the women full time development coaches were kept on after the latest round of redundancies by Ulster for the domestic game, After the International girls have just won another 6 nations surely it is time to keep promoting the game , or will Ulster rugby get volunteers to carry out that task with their money given by DSD.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Coach of the Year Awards.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Always love your questions Lady P, they are always very informative, Paxo could learn from you. :thumleft: >EW

Shameful, no wonder all those Ulster ladies weren't featuring in the Ireland triumph. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

According to UR female rugby in Ulster is enjoying a huge growth in both profile and participation numbers yet at the same time it sounds as if they are also about to shiite on the game at the same time…

With all this money coming into UR is it them that is investing in the future of the woman's game or is it coming from DCAL hand outs? OaK can your good lady enlighten us…

LadyP…. Translink must love to be associated with such a winning coach.

Watched the Irish game against Scotland just a pity there wasn't any Ulster participation to join in the 'I'll Tell me Ma' celebrations at the end.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Do many men go out of their way to watch womens rugby?
Whilst having nothing against the participants I don't part particularly enjoy watching womens rugby, cricket, boxing, football or golf for that matter, all sports I usually love to watch
I certainly don't hate it or object to it, I just don't find any of it particularly entertaining from what I have seen.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Should Wrightbus not have win this? There coaches look lovely when I see them. Seen a few earlier on the drive past the factory.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

bazzaj wrote:Do many men go out of their way to watch womens rugby?
Whilst having nothing against the participants I don't part particularly enjoy watching womens rugby, cricket, boxing, football or golf for that matter, all sports I usually love to watch
I certainly don't hate it or object to it, I just don't find any of it particularly entertaining from what I have seen.
Bazz, the woman's 6 nations games have a serious skill level, some of the passing and moves are executed at a level that I would love to see Ulster achieving, well worth taking a look at one of next seasons games.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Cheers oncer and roost.
I have coached womens rugby sides before and I found them to be the easiest sides to coach and I loved it.
No male ego involved!
I admit I haven't watched any of the 6 nations stuff but maybe the levels have improved as you say
I still very much take pride in the fact they are 6 nations champions.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Do many men go out of their way to watch womens rugby?
Jizzer, I cannot speak about the other sports, but almost every male amatuer golfer could learn a massive amount from watching lady professional golfers, a game considerably more relevant to the average male amatuer than the male pros.

The ladies with very few exceptions, do not muscle the golf ball, they hit it considerable distance, with timing and pureness of strike & maximise their games around what they are capable of rather than trying to thrash the ball like most men, the majority to comedic effect. I love watching men thrash at the ball & then helpfully inform them they are standing too close to the ball, after they've hit it.

In earlier days when I gave a feck about my own superlative golfing game, if my timing was off, I would often watch lady pros and ape their rhythm.

I can't relate that to other sports, perhaps others can. I have also been amazed recently when seeing thon Irish girl Stephanie Roche who was nominated for Wendyball Goal of the Year & was selected 2nd. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30284030

I believe she has subsequently scored another sensational goal.

I watched the Irish ladies stuff Scotland and there was some outstanding skill. Don't underestimate the ladies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

That was a brilliant goal by Stephanie right enough.
Don't get me started on the defensive tight marking though.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hope they bring one of the womens 6 Nations matches to Ravenhill next season, a wee bit of promotion and they could sell it out
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Watching the Ireland v Scotland 6N game I was actually surprised by the level of technic, finding it an enjoyable experience and one which I might repeat again sometime if only to bump into OaK on the touchline…..

Just a pity we had no northern representation on show and it does appear that Munster, Leinster and Connaught have left us behind in terms of where their girls are. Shame on UR if the way forward is to expect volunteer coaches to give up their free time when the game elsewhere moving full throttle into the professional era.

For the record I do enjoy watching some female sport particularly hockey and I am a big follower of the Dutch Female Hockey side who I also follow on FB, Twitter and anything else I can find. I also find watching the indoor version of American Football somewhat satisfying as well… If you haven't tried you deserve to have a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymcs2dALlCc
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Could definitely get into that
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

bazzaj wrote:Could definitely get into that
bazz… check out some more you know you want to…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUI5NdGVVlw
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

This is my new favourite sport cheers cockers.
Can we have a thread solely dedicated to this?
Awesome!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

bazzaj wrote:This is my new favourite sport cheers cockers.
Can we have a thread solely dedicated to this?
Awesome!
bazz….. glad you like and having watched a game or two live in the States I have to say I enjoyed the craic. Some of those girls can hit hard and I reckon a few on this board would find it tough going against those young ladies.

wouldn't mind seeing a demo at half time at Ravenhill might make a few guys sit up and take note.