Ulster v Glasgow Updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I mentioned this on another thread recently. Does anybody think that Ulsters's style of play is similar to that of the natioal team. (wasn't much cop during the autumn series). Is McCall being forced to play this game plan of run everything from everywhere by the powers in D4 to make potential international players easier to integrate into the squad. I just feel that we are not comfortable playing this type of game. It may be pretty but at the moment it's not too effective.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

I know what your're saying mum, but do the other big '2' play this way as well. Having not seen any of them recently, I can't judge.
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

You may be onto something there MUM

Leinster were running it from everywhere yesterday, even from their own 22 in the first quarter. In the match against Munster the previous weekend, the idea seemed to be to offload from every tackle.

It's high-risk stuff and it's resulting in a lot of handling errors and knockons at the moment.

Remains to be seen whether the skill levels are sufficient to make it work in the long term.

I would like to hope we would get to a point where we could play either an expansive game, or an old-fashioned stick-it-up-the-jumper and go through the phases, according to the opposition and the conditions.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The Weegie try's are in the video section HERE
Boy they were soft :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Paddy X
Warrior

Post by Paddy X »

Must say watching the Humph try with Benny Hill music is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a go at the PRO League - http://www.theproleague.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Paddy X wrote:Must say watching the Humph try with Benny Hill music is hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Would be even better Paddy if I could find a downloadable version of the music, then I can ditch the commentry and put the music on instead, mp3 or midi file required :D
Looking at the weegie trys we might as well had the team sitting having a cup of tea on the halfway line while they ran down the pitch, a lot of embarressed faces on Monday morning at the video session. If Biarritz see the tape of that match they will be laughing all the way to the next round unless it was a ploy to confuse them :shock: :? :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Paddy X
Warrior

Post by Paddy X »

Did you not see that Rooster or does it not work

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Due to popular demand the Benny Hill version of Humphs try is now available on the video pageHERE
Last edited by Rooster on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rory Best
Paddy X
Warrior

Post by Paddy X »

HILARIOUS :lol: :lol:

jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

lovin' the benny hill one roo!!! :lol: top stuff!!! :thumright:

mark robson's commentary is a corker too "has he got the pace??? ...HE'S GOT BAGS OF IT!!!" (said in a gloriously partisan and aggressive way) :twisted:

link isn't working quite tho right rooster? :roll:
aarons
Lord Chancellor

Post by aarons »

Ha ha, that's fantastic.... :D :D
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jamesie wrote:
link isn't working quite tho right rooster? :roll:
Not sure why James it did the brought up a pile of text on the laptop but works on pc :? I take it it worked though.
I love it when Robson says" you are almost afraid something might break" priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rory Best
ali c
Warrior

Post by ali c »

:cry: I can't get it rooster

just keep getting this message:
Whoops!, The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
anyone else?
jamesie
Lord Chancellor

Post by jamesie »

fixed now ali :P
Rem99
Initiate

Post by Rem99 »

LOL