Team for Glasgow on saturday

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Team for Glasgow on saturday

Post by pwrmoore »

From the UR site

Mark McCall has named his side to face Glasgow this Saturday at Ravenhill, kick off 3.30pm

ULSTER: 15 - Bryn Cunningham; 14 - Tommy Bowe; 13 - Kevin Maggs; 12 - Andrew Trimble; 11 - James Topping; 10 - David Humphreys; 9 - Kieran Campbell; 1 - Bryan Young; 2 - Rory Best; 3 - Simon Best (Captain); 4 - Justin Harrison; 5 - Rowan Frost; 6 - Neil Best; 7 - Neil McMillan; 8 - Roger Wilson
Replacements: 16 - Nigel Brady; 17 - Justin Fitzpatrick; 18 - Ryan Caldwell; 19 - Stephen Ferris; 20 - Isaac Boss; 21 - Adam Larkin; 22 - Jonny Bell

The starting line-up shows two changes from that which was defeated by Connacht at the Sportsground last Saturday. Paul Steinmetz sustained a leg injury in that match and while his scan has come back clear he was not available for selection this week and is replaced by James Topping, Matt McCullough is also ruled out though injury though he has also had a scan which is clear. Bryan Young replaces Justin Fitzpatrick at loosehead.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

back to a two winger formation at last - though the absence of Steiner is not welcome. Hope they stop pi55ing aroung with Humphs positioning now.

A win is required :evil:
Last edited by pwrmoore on Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

Bell ahead of maxwell on the bench! what is mccall thinking? has he got eddie o'sullivan syndrome?
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

It certainly couldn't be seen as encouragement to one of our younger players. :roll:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Freddie Benson
Lord Chancellor

Post by Freddie Benson »

I think more changes were called for, to shake a few up after the last couple of performances and to rest a few others prior to Biarritz
No longer the Celtic League winning coach
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Bar an injury crisis or a miracle Maxy Scott Young and Paddy Wallace are out of the equation.

Colin :twisted:
Romeo47 Alpha 52
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Seems very unfair on Maxy. What did he do wrong? Scott never really impressed any time I saw him and I won't revive any discussion on Paddy W.

Perhaps Dinger will come on as an impact substitute and score 2 tries, thus doubling his record since 1999!!?? Perhaps not!!
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

he is certain to make an impact - on the ground when he runs! :D
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Pete

Not as great an impact as Shane S would have surely?? :) :) :) :)
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

pete2604 wrote: what is mccall thinking? has he got eddie o'sullivan syndrome?
Starting to look like it pete :roll: :(
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
pete2604
Initiate

Post by pete2604 »

shane stewart and bell are both as big as each other. they make more of a mark on the pitch than simon best :lol: :lol:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Good to see 2 wingers back it will save all this running around changing positions lark and perhaps let the players get on with running forwards instead of running back up the pitch after the opposition :?
Where's the poll Freddie :!:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best