Good Luck Ulster!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Good Luck Ulster!

Post by againstthehead »

Have to say that I've thoroughly enjoyed following Ulster this season which culminated in that excellent performance last weekend. I guess tomorrow is one of those season-defining matches and I just hope that the squad can give a really good account of themselves and give Stade a hell of a battle. Best wishes to all the fans making the trip :salut: and good luck to the team. Last week we demonstrated that we CAN beat this side. Certainly, it will one heck of a task but I think if we have the belief to play some rugby and the passion to maintain the intensity then we have a chance.

See you in the Rosie!

C'mon UlSTER(RRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

:red:
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Good Luck Ulster!

Post by Ithryn »

Soooo looking forward to this match tomorrow.

It really highlights the teams improvement that we are going away to Stade with a genuine chance of victory and progression into the knockout stages!
Why? Why not?
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

G'wan Ulster, they don't like it up 'em!
Get stuck in, right frae the start, Never look back, and fight every step of the way...

It's yours for the taking!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

Not that many weeks ago when the appointment of BMcL was announced, there were those on this Forum who were threatening to eat their season tickets, emigrate, throw themselves off the Connswater Bridge and other nonsense - because he wasn't a "big" name coach, "only a schoolteacher".

Since then we have had highs and lows.

But we now have a team (squad) that looks like a rugby team rather than a collection of players who hardly seemed to know each other, a team that looks as if they want to play rugby. A team that seems to finally understand what it means to wear the red hand :red:

I'm usually a "glass half empty" sort of person BUT I now go to Ravenhill and elsewhere thinking "we can win this, we can beat them" rather than the damage limitation viewpoint I've had over the past two years.

Not the finished article but BMcL, DH, JD and ND, "the Management", have started to knock this crowd into shape :salut:

Tomorrow? GET INTO THEM! C'MON ULSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Pain in the ass this game is not on SkySports tomorrow.I suppose they were always going to show the holders but this has the look of a better game for a half neutral to watch.Only on the feckin red button which I don't have through NTL.

Hopefully I'll be able to watch it online.

Best of luck to Ulster.Hope ye beat the Parisian Aristocrats.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

What's the deal with the Rosie is it definitely showing it - if so 2 of us will be keen to be there .
Really looking for some atmosphere with fellow fans
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

That was hard!
:roll:
http://thefru.co.uk/blog/2009/12/01/rug ... -december/
Saturday 19th December.

15:45 Stade Francais v Ulster

Send the little lady out for those last minute presents while you spend all afternoon at the Rosie for the vital games in Ulster’s group. Don’t miss out on the big match atmosphere! With pintes de bière at £2.80 and Le FRU ragoût de bœuf et bouillon de poulet available it’s like you were there! Select wines available by the glass, bottle or pint! Free pint for the first five punters to arrive with berets!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

fermain wrote:Saturday 19th December. 15:45 Stade Francais v Ulster
Would that be 15:45 CET? or 16:45 Norn Iron time!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

Depends where you look. Rooster posted a Planet Rugby link earlier today which had it at 14:45 NI time.

I am planning for 15:45 NI time however.
Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Ardglass2
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ardglass2 »

The reason I asked was because I asked elsewhere and got zero response.

Also the last time I went to a game advertised here there was literally two men and a dog in the bar, they watching the horse racing and the commentary was in French. Atmosphere wise crap to be honest.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ardglass2 wrote:The reason I asked was because I asked elsewhere and got zero response.

Also the last time I went to a game advertised here there was literally two men and a dog in the bar, they watching the horse racing and the commentary was in French. Atmosphere wise crap to be honest.
Angry Cat.jpeg
Angry Cat.jpeg (3.03 KiB) Viewed 636 times
Also horseracing is a damn fine thing to be watching.Neighhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... efault.stm

planning on hitting the rosie for 3.40 :)
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
moondance
Warrior Assassin

Post by moondance »

cables wrote:Depends where you look. Rooster posted a Planet Rugby link earlier today which had it at 14:45 NI time.

I am planning for 15:45 NI time however.
ERC 16:45
UR 16:45
IRFU 16:45
UAFC 16:35!
caveman
Novice

Post by caveman »

Just looking on the http://www.brusselslife.be website before I hit the sack early so that I can be in Dublin to catch the 06:50 flight to brussels. This caught my eye amongst other things. What with the pompom girls and the beautiful people on the pitch it should be quite an event. :D

Teams
There will be beautiful people on the lawn of the Stade Roi Baudouin :: the Parisian core of 23 international players English, French, Argentine, Scottish or Italian: Beauxis, Dupuy, Marconnet, Pape, Szarzewski, Roncero, Palmer, Haskell, Taylor and Southwell to name a few. Ulster also has 10 international Irish in its ranks.

C'mon the Ulstermen!!
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

caveman wrote:Just looking on the http://www.brusselslife.be website before I hit the sack early so that I can be in Dublin to catch the 06:50 flight to brussels. This caught my eye amongst other things. What with the pompom girls and the beautiful people on the pitch it should be quite an event. :D

Teams
There will be beautiful people on the lawn of the Stade Roi Baudouin :: the Parisian core of 23 international players English, French, Argentine, Scottish or Italian: Beauxis, Dupuy, Marconnet, Pape, Szarzewski, Roncero, Palmer, Haskell, Taylor and Southwell to name a few. Ulster also has 10 international Irish in its ranks.

C'mon the Ulstermen!!
Who's this guy "Dupuy"? Never heard of him!

Ulster has 10 international Irish, or 10 international? (Scottish, Fijian, Saffa ....)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right