Liverpool FC

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

29xThePain
Squire

Re: Liverpool FC

Post by 29xThePain »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Liverpool have lost the plot!

United fans singing "sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning" :lol:
Follow me on Twitter
Glynncommando
Warrior Assassin

Post by Glynncommando »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Prepare for 1.30pm Sunday 9th January 2011 - roll on. Watch this space.

Will you remember where you were that infamous day?
Will Martin L. King's grandson be there?
Well? Was he there? Hope so - otherwise he will have missed another shining example of how to behave like a total tw@t by the always misunderstood, never thuggish (even when confronted by cctv imagery), sycophantically adored by the media - St Stevie of Gerard. Does your heart good.
GC
"Out of Ulster have I come. Great hatred, little room - maimed me from the start. I carry from my mother's womb....a fanatic heart"
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Post by backawaygoonahead »

Great to see more ordure heaped upon the thug who captains Liverpool.

Wonderful also to see one of the few managers to have the nerve to insult Fergie starting out looking younger than his years, apparently incredibly relaxed and chirpy and ending up like a man who has just seen a ghost, looking older than Fergie & using his trademark mumble to insinuate that the ref was the only thing between Liverpool & a comfortable win.

Daft old Scottish Twonk. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HWM:
1prat or2.jpg
1prat or2.jpg (9.61 KiB) Viewed 1609 times

Both look like richardheads to me, what do you reckon? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

Bullshit: the art of making the idiotic sound sensible.

Times I just sits and thinks, and times I just sits.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Any truth in the rumour that Liverpool are getting a new sponsor?

The future's bright - the future's Orange

Oops - got it wrong the rumour was just something to do with their opponents tonight :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What's the difference between Hodgson and Dalglish?

Not much
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Blackpool give Liverpool a goal start and win 2-1.

I don't care who you are - you've got to laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Normally when a new manager comes in you see a surge from the club as players break their holes to impress, it happens so often I thought they might have a chance at OT last weekend.

Don't know about you but I can't help but read into it that the players aren't impressed by a mumbling old geezer who hasn't been in football for 10 years.

Kenny to lead Liverpool to the Championship - that would be relegation by the way not wininng the Premier League :lol: :lol: :lol:

Before you insult somebody you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!

backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

Had a near suicidal email from a mate in Spain who unlike Gary Neville, rather likes scousers. He is in dread of relegation and expects another defeat at the weekend.

As I cheerfully consoled him - lets hope so.

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

I've never ventured near this Liverpool thread before. In my experience rugby people tend to not understand football very well. Maybe it's that, or maybe it is the weird thing that football can do to people that makes them repeat cliche after cliche.

Roy is not a very successful manager. List the 5 most significant trophies he has won in football.

This Liverpool squad is not a terrible squad. The players are of at least a high a calibre as those who finished a lowly 7th last year, and they should have finished higher then. It's not a lot worse than the squad that furnished second the season before. I was glad to hear one of the first things King Kenny say was 'there's nothing wrong with this squad'.

Roy was a terrible manager for Liverpool, but he was a media darling and was allowed to get away with being rubbish most of the time. Pro-englishman bias. Rafa was pummeled at every opportunity and we should never have sacked him.

I am confident that Kenny will be at least reasonably successful. I'd take 7th after the mess Roy has left us in.

YNWA
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

A good thrashing of Everton on sunday will do for starters. Will be wearing me lucky Liverpool t-shirt.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

OneMore wrote:I've never ventured near this Liverpool thread before. In my experience rugby people tend to not understand football very well. Maybe it's that, or maybe it is the weird thing that football can do to people that makes them repeat cliche after cliche.

Roy is not a very successful manager. List the 5 most significant trophies he has won in football.

This Liverpool squad is not a terrible squad. The players are of at least a high a calibre as those who finished a lowly 7th last year, and they should have finished higher then. It's not a lot worse than the squad that furnished second the season before. I was glad to hear one of the first things King Kenny say was 'there's nothing wrong with this squad'.

Roy was a terrible manager for Liverpool, but he was a media darling and was allowed to get away with being rubbish most of the time. Pro-englishman bias. Rafa was pummeled at every opportunity and we should never have sacked him.

I am confident that Kenny will be at least reasonably successful. I'd take 7th after the mess Roy has left us in.

YNWA
I would love to debate your points but apparently rugby folk don't understand football therefore I will restrict myself to borrowing a line from "My Cousin Vinny" delivered by Joe Pesci, performing as Vincent Laguardia Gambini, in his opening statement to the court.

I quote: "Everything that guy just said is bullshit.................thank you."

HwoodMike2umate wrote:A good thrashing of Everton on sunday will do for starters. Will be wearing me lucky Liverpool t-shirt.

No harm hoping Mike but do you really believe it? Are you sure that t-shirt is still working?

OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

backawaygoonahead wrote:
OneMore wrote:I've never ventured near this Liverpool thread before. In my experience rugby people tend to not understand football very well. Maybe it's that, or maybe it is the weird thing that football can do to people that makes them repeat cliche after cliche.

YNWA
I would love to debate your points but apparently rugby folk don't understand football therefore I will restrict myself to borrowing a line from "My Cousin Vinny" delivered by Joe Pesci, performing as Vincent Laguardia Gambini, in his opening statement to the court.

I quote: "Everything that guy just said is bullshit.................thank you."

HwoodMike2umate wrote:A good thrashing of Everton on sunday will do for starters. Will be wearing me lucky Liverpool t-shirt.

No harm hoping Mike but do you really believe it? Are you sure that t-shirt is still working?
I'd like it if you did respond actually.

My points can be summarised by this:
  • Contarary to popular belief Roy hasn't won very much.
    The Liverpool squad is not as bereft of talented players as the media myth portrays.
    Roy was not the right man for Liverpool.
    Roy was a media darling, Rafa wasn't.
    I think Kenny will do better than Roy did.
There, nice and concise. How about some reasoned debate? Or failing that, just debate.

OM
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

you're on
im a master debater!
OneMore wrote:Contarary to popular belief Roy hasn't won very much.
The Liverpool squad is not as bereft of talented players as the media myth portrays.
where is the popular media belief that roy has ever been successful? it's widely been accepted that getting the best out of duff teams is as far as it goes for him. never was he the right man for the job, and while the media seemed to make him a darling, liverpool fans certainly didnt. his time in charge saw liverpool fans come closer than ever before to actually calling for a manager to be sacked - the odd bit of graffiti etc is one thing, but the whole of anfield calling for king kenny...

kenny now at least has the players busting a gut for the shirt. something woy never could make them do.

the liverpool squad is lacking in talent in a number of key areas.

left back - ie it's a toss-up between aurelio (who liverpool released in may, only to resign in july/august when he wasnt getting signed up by anyone else), knochesky, and glen johnson who couldnt cross a decent ball with his left foot if his next over-inflated paypacket depended on it

centre back - 3 decent options. carragher injured. down to 2. agger takes a knock - oh great, its the greek. 7 minutes later, 2-1 everton.

midfield - bar gerrard, it's lucas, miereles, maxi rodrigues, joe cole, kuyt, jovanovic, jonjo shelvey, jay speering...
last 2 are two young english prospects (spearing a liverpool lad, jonjo a product of charlton). rest are so so (kuyt is a striker so is jovanovic). they certainly are not in the same league as arsenal chelsea or man city

striker - we have one striker who is out of form in torres. beyond that its n'gog. really wish that pacheco would be given a run

too many players in that squad who need shipped out. not enough who are anywhere being described as world class and for a club like liverpool there should be a lot more of those than are currently there...
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Re: Re: Liverpool FC

Post by OneMore »

WhiteKnightoftheWeld wrote:you're on
im a master debater!
OneMore wrote:Contarary to popular belief Roy hasn't won very much.
where is the popular media belief that roy has ever been successful? it's widely been accepted that getting the best out of duff teams is as far as it goes for him. never was he the right man for the job, and while the media seemed to make him a darling, liverpool fans certainly didnt. his time in charge saw liverpool fans come closer than ever before to actually calling for a manager to be sacked - the odd bit of graffiti etc is one thing, but the whole of anfield calling for king kenny...

kenny now at least has the players busting a gut for the shirt. something woy never could make them do.

the liverpool squad is lacking in talent in a number of key areas.

left back - ie it's a toss-up between aurelio (who liverpool released in may, only to resign in july/august when he wasnt getting signed up by anyone else), knochesky, and glen johnson who couldnt cross a decent ball with his left foot if his next over-inflated paypacket depended on it

centre back - 3 decent options. carragher injured. down to 2. agger takes a knock - oh great, its the greek. 7 minutes later, 2-1 everton.

midfield - bar gerrard, it's lucas, miereles, maxi rodrigues, joe cole, kuyt, jovanovic, jonjo shelvey, jay speering...
last 2 are two young english prospects (spearing a liverpool lad, jonjo a product of charlton). rest are so so (kuyt is a striker so is jovanovic). they certainly are not in the same league as arsenal chelsea or man city

striker - we have one striker who is out of form in torres. beyond that its n'gog. really wish that pacheco would be given a run

too many players in that squad who need shipped out. not enough who are anywhere being described as world class and for a club like liverpool there should be a lot more of those than are currently there...
Thanks welder.

A couple of things though. It seems you're biggest gripe with my comments though related to the squad strength. I think aurelio has the required quality to play left back for us regularly, he's solid, and has a quality left foot. It allows us to have a 'flair player' in front, maxi, for instance, who isn't the strongest defensively. Until Roy came along we had fabio and insua, an attacking full back who was a good understudy and a promising talent. Roy messed it all up by getting rid of them both. We should be thankful aurelio took us back. Glen Johnson is capable of being the best right back in the league, and has not become a bad player overnight, he'll come good again. Center half - I actually think carra has been the poorest of the 4 over the last year and I think his pool career is nearing an end. Anyone who's actually watched us will also see there's not a lot wrong with soto. Sure he's made the odd mistake, but certainly our 3rd choice, and is say has performed well in his year with us. Agger and skrtel are as good as any.

Cole should never have been signed. Another Roy mistake, he's not good enough.

Since Roy couldn't hold onto Masch, we've been lacking a destroyer, the van bommel rumours have brought me hope. Kuyt is a striker? What does that mean? He's a forward and has been doing a good job for us on the whole over the last few years. Jovan has also done a good job when he has played. We need belief, organisation and some good coaching - I honestly believe kenny and Clarke will bring that. No squad in the league has 22 world class players, in particular Chelsea have been shown up for this. Torres is good enough to be the best in the world, he'll get there again.

OM
backawaygoonahead
Chancellor to the King

I will not insult you by pointing out the gaping holes in most of that. I will simply say that it is always heartening to hear the desperation in the thoughts of a Liverpool fan when trying to be positive about that squad of mainly incredibly average players who, in the amin would be unattractive to any top half club.

I sadly don't believe LFC will be relegated but for sure they aren't about to win anything in the next few years. No squad, no money & an aging mumbling oaf in charge. :lol: :lol: :lol:

HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Sian Massey - Liverpool legend - and a bit of a looker too by all accounts.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh