Replacement 10

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Replacement 10

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
LadyP wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I loathe that people here are moralising in peoples morals. I further loathe that it’s inferred that only those of adherence to the morality envisaged by the Ulster Way should be permitted to play for one’s favoured Rugby team.

I couldn’t give a tinker’s fück if they are the most immoral creatures that walk the planet, if they are innocent of the crimes alleged I see no reason whatsoever why this circus should impact on their careers, indeed, for me, assuming the jury are not clowns, we should feel aggrieved on their behalf, especially the one who has not received legal aid and to have their careers threatened on illconsidered charges, a botched investagion and doubtless the most horrific 20 months anyone in a relatively peaceful society could envisage.

Some of you should shove your outraged morality up yer holes. I believe they have done nothing wrong, even the bragging and bullshit, it’s common amongst this generation, it maybe unappealing but it’s not a serious issue.

Now FFFS wise the fûck up, live your own lives and stop trying to impose your nonsense on others.
Could not agree more, as my old granny told me , Love, be a whorè in Bed, a chef in the kitchen and always be a lady at church on a Sunday . I followed her advice and married a Cof Ireland Minister
The issue isn't what wild activities young ones get up to in bed, three ways, four ways, whips and chains, whatever, so long as it's consensual, it's the lack of respect towards women.
And yet, we hear the character witnesses for Paddy saying how respectful he is to everyone male and female alike, we hear how he is well-liked within the squad, we hear testimony that he would dream of using the "do you not know who I am" card, but instead Spratty you appear to be judging him purely on what daft wee lads say to each other on a forum they believe to be private and between only their group of friends? Of course believing it to be private, they might have included something along the lines of "that bird wasn't keen but after some gentle arm twisting she was mad for it", nothing at all of that nature & furthermore the prosecution have allegedly presented messages out of order and some prior to the "incident" to put a slant on things which is just dishonest.

I'll tell you what I dislike, men or women who make shyte up to save face.
The first time I decided I'd give this UR thing a proper go was when we went out to Parma for the match that Deccy got sent off in.

Happened to arrive about the same time as the players at the airport so we hung around a bit, as you do, and the players filed past and the other half decided she'd like a picture with GLU (Tommy must have left the airport by the back entrance).
He was, of course, more than happy to oblige but then up popped up (not in that way) the Ginger Prince who said he'd take the picture for us.

100% polite, didn't disrespect anyone or ask us for a threesome or anything like that.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:This thread is backing up with excuses for the wabs. They just keep coming. In the event of a NG verdict, I will disagree with their lack of respect for women as shown in the wassup exchanges. Should they be punished? Yes. Should they be sacked? No (based on this alone however other previous incidents known/unknown may come into play). We don't, however, have to make any excuses for them. A proportionate consequence should be found. You might not agree if you are a fan of dis-proportionate repercussions i.e. a christian. Christians might say they can play for Ireland again but they will burn in hell for eternity as a result of their unbelief. That's their choice.

Most people would give their right wabnut to play for Ireland. Why be such a wab? I'd forego racism, sexism and alcoholism for that experience.

In summary: Wabs are wabs. We don't have to excuse this.
You are missing one thing Dave, they are innocent of what they are charged with, and I will maintain that no matter what the verdict reached is, and given that, they are not responsible for being unavailable for Ulster, their only "sin" is the daft wee messages which but for a false accusation would never have seen the light of day.

As for others talking about the drink, just remember it was off-season, they were on their holidays, I know very few who do not do the odd thing to excess when they have time off. I've no time for saints.
1U.png
1U.png (8.84 KiB) Viewed 370 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I’m lost. If they are exonerated and found not guilty, they should be punished? By whom, for what? I’ve said it all along, who knows what the rest of the squad have or continue to get up to. Should these two be cast aside because someone has cried rape but found not guilty of it?

If so, investigate the whole squad and turf out who is deemed not to have the necessary morals that some on here desire. To be honest, I’d love to see them play for Ulster again simply for all those moral objectors to back up their opinions and fûck away off.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Will Gilroy be given the same punishment as the other two for disrespectful messages if that is all they are guilty of?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

222toHounslow wrote:I’m lost. If they are exonerated and found not guilty, they should be punished? By whom, for what? I’ve said it all along, who knows what the rest of the squad have or continue to get up to. Should these two be cast aside because someone has cried rape but found not guilty of it?

If so, investigate the whole squad and turf out who is deemed not to have the necessary morals that some on here desire. To be honest, I’d love to see them play for Ulster again simply for all those moral objectors to back up their opinions and fûck away off.
It depends if they are found to be in breach of the code of conduct section of their contracts. None of us have seen their contracts, so we don't know. That is the only situation where they could be punished by the IRFU if acquitted by the court. It will be done by the book.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

ColinM wrote:Will Gilroy be given the same punishment as the other two for disrespectful messages if that is all they are guilty of?
Possibly.

Interestingly none of the high horse brigade are calling for anyone else to be sacked.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:Will G be given the same punishment as the other two for disrespectful messages if that is all they are guilty of?
Possibly.

Interestingly none of the high horse brigade are calling for C to be sacked.
That is supposition that he was involved in the messages as no other names were given, perhaps his name should not be in those messages
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:Will G be given the same punishment as the other two for disrespectful messages if that is all they are guilty of?
Possibly.

Interestingly none of the high horse brigade are calling for C to be sacked.
That is supposition that he was involved in the messages as no other names were given, perhaps his name should not be in those messages

All of the participants initials were used in the cross examination. One of the accused was asked if CG was a member of the rugby team and agreed. Completely irrelevant line of questioning but it happened.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
ColinM wrote:Will Gilroy be given the same punishment as the other two for disrespectful messages if that is all they are guilty of?
Possibly.

Interestingly none of the high horse brigade are calling for Craig to be sacked.
Well Gilroy didn't spend a night with a girl for her to go home in tears, and that's what I still feel uneasy about.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Possibly.

Interestingly none of the high horse brigade are calling for Craig to be sacked.
Well Gilroy didn't spend a night with a girl for her to go home in tears, and that's what I still feel uneasy about.
Maybe he has
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

I have heard from two sources The Ginger Prince has a rather unlikeable side to his personalty. Thus there could be a public attitude and a Private attitude to his character . Now having said that I will point out one was female and one was male but both are people who either like or dislike, things are black and white no grey. In the case of like you they exercise a scale but in the case of dislike a scale is non existent .Sometimes in the case of women there is no tangible reason for the dislike other than gut instinct or prejudice . My wife can dismiss a a man with one statement -- he's a" bum" --thereafter he is a lost cause. NB the female source is not my wife.

But as the guy said in "Some like it HOT "-- nobody 's perfect .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:This thread is backing up with excuses for the wabs. They just keep coming. In the event of a NG verdict, I will disagree with their lack of respect for women as shown in the wassup exchanges. Should they be punished? Yes. Should they be sacked? No (based on this alone however other previous incidents known/unknown may come into play). We don't, however, have to make any excuses for them. A proportionate consequence should be found. You might not agree if you are a fan of dis-proportionate repercussions i.e. a christian. Christians might say they can play for Ireland again but they will burn in hell for eternity as a result of their unbelief. That's their choice.

Most people would give their right wabnut to play for Ireland. Why be such a wab? I'd forego racism, sexism and alcoholism for that experience.

You are missing one thing Dave, they are innocent of what they are charged with, and I will maintain that no matter what the verdict reached is, and given that, they are not responsible for being unavailable for Ulster, their only "sin" is the daft wee messages which but for a false accusation would never have seen the light of day.

As for others talking about the drink, just remember it was off-season, they were on their holidays, I know very few who do not do the odd thing to excess when they have time off. I've no time for saints.
1U.png
Funny you should mention the saints. I've heard that one or both maybe about to become one.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

rumncoke wrote:I have heard from two sources The Ginger Prince has a rather unlikeable side to his personalty. Thus there could be a public attitude and a Private attitude to his character . Now having said that I will point out one was female and one was male but both are people who either like or dislike, things are black and white no grey. In the case of like you they exercise a scale but in the case of dislike a scale is non existent .Sometimes in the case of women there is no tangible reason for the dislike other than gut instinct or prejudice . My wife can dismiss a a man with one statement -- he's a" bum" --thereafter he is a lost cause. NB the female source is not my wife.

But as the guy said in "Some like it HOT "-- nobody 's perfect .
My word Rumn, I'm sober are you?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

1U.png
Funny you should mention the saints. I've heard that one or both maybe about to become one.
Add that to Exeter, Sarries, Bristol, London Irish and Worcester. If we say them all someone might be right eventually!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deraless wrote:
Dave wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

1U.png
Add that to Exeter, Sarries, Bristol, London Irish and Worcester. If we say them all someone might be right eventually!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Heard Gloucester too. Can't blame them if they want out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?