Saracens away January 2016

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Saracens away January 2016

Post by BR »

All sounds very complicated. My plan (unfortunately not materialising) was to get the train from Luton Parkway to Mill Hill Broadway and dander over.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
WOODY
Novice

Post by WOODY »

5 Of us getting the northern line to West Finchley and drinking in a Pub called the Elephant Inn then getting a taxi across to the ground, have heard mixed reports about the shuttle buses.
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

The Saracens website has mention of "Mill Hill East is an attractive option, and an easy 16 minute walk to the stadium, using a newly refurbished footpath through idyllic woodland". Anyone know anything more about this? Is it signposted at the Tube station per chance? After 50 minutes on the tube a wee dander thru the woods with a tinnie and a pee half way there sounds better than waiting for a crowded bus.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:The Saracens website has mention of "Mill Hill East is an attractive option, and an easy 16 minute walk to the stadium, using a newly refurbished footpath through idyllic woodland". Anyone know anything more about this? Is it signposted at the Tube station per chance? After 50 minutes on the tube a wee dander thru the woods with a tinnie and a pee half way there sounds better than waiting for a crowded bus.
Chances of getting a tubr to mill hill east are slim
WOODY
Novice

Post by WOODY »

For those with long enough memories and shuttle bus experiences I have four words to say, London Irish, madejski stadium!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:The Saracens website has mention of "Mill Hill East is an attractive option, and an easy 16 minute walk to the stadium, using a newly refurbished footpath through idyllic woodland". Anyone know anything more about this? Is it signposted at the Tube station per chance? After 50 minutes on the tube a wee dander thru the woods with a tinnie and a pee half way there sounds better than waiting for a crowded bus.
You just drip class Mike ............ well, maybe I should have said you drip, remember Northampton. :lol:

I counsel you to think carefully, the Sarries may well be in league with a wandering band of footpads. They may mug you ould hand, imagine a sock filled with ballbearings landing on your cranium as you water the foliage and all for a few quid drinking money and a half swallied tinnie.

Ouchie. :?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Colin0395
Novice

Post by Colin0395 »

Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:OK, seems to be train every 5 mins to Edgware but about every 15 mins to Mill Hill East so get first train to either.

There are shuttle buses from Mill Hill Broadway and trains to there from St Pancras but only 2 trains an hour on Saturdays.
Seems easiest to hop on the Pic at Holborn and head up to St Pan and then hop on the Northern to edgware

Could be a good SUFTUMing opportunity on the tube
Its only about 10 mins walk from Philomenas to Leicester Square or Tottenham Court Rd and you can get the Northern line from there. It is probably quicker than walking to Holborn getting the Piccadilly and changing lines.
True but you're on the wrong northern line for edgware (but the correct for MHE) so would need to change at Camden
Camden Town tube station is carnage on a Saturday. I would much rather change at Euston.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

6 of us meeting at Mill Hill Broadway around 12, hoping to find some food and pints before catching an Uber to the ground :fleg:
NS
trewbear
Novice

Post by trewbear »

Six of us heading to the game. Anyone know if this advice from Hendon rugby club is a good shout or otherwise?

Coming to Allianz Park via the Northern Line?

Avoid the hassle of long walks and packed buses and take a cab to the game. We’ve secured a special Saracens match day fare with S. Express Cars, next door to the Bodhran. Four can travel from Hendon Central to Hendon RFC (3 minutes walk from Allianz Park) for just £5. Or take a seven-seater for £7.50 if there’s more of you!
020 8203 4444 | 7 Vivian Avenue, Hendon, NW4 3UT

Get off the tube at Hendon Central and pay a visit to The Bodhran, just across the road from the station. The Bodhran is a true rugby pub and main club sponsors of Hendon RFC. You’ll be sure of a warm welcome and a good pint on your way to the game or back home.
3-5 Vivian Avenue, Hendon, NW4 3UT
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

WOODY wrote:For those with long enough memories and shuttle bus experiences I have four words to say, London Irish, madejski stadium!
Ouch....I'd prefer to forget about that one
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

kUD wrote:
WOODY wrote:For those with long enough memories and shuttle bus experiences I have four words to say, London Irish, madejski stadium!
Ouch....I'd prefer to forget about that one
Worst away trip ever, in the worst venue ever
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

trewbear wrote:Six of us heading to the game. Anyone know if this advice from Hendon rugby club is a good shout or otherwise?

Coming to Allianz Park via the Northern Line?

Avoid the hassle of long walks and packed buses and take a cab to the game. We’ve secured a special Saracens match day fare with S. Express Cars, next door to the Bodhran. Four can travel from Hendon Central to Hendon RFC (3 minutes walk from Allianz Park) for just £5. Or take a seven-seater for £7.50 if there’s more of you!
020 8203 4444 | 7 Vivian Avenue, Hendon, NW4 3UT

Get off the tube at Hendon Central and pay a visit to The Bodhran, just across the road from the station. The Bodhran is a true rugby pub and main club sponsors of Hendon RFC. You’ll be sure of a warm welcome and a good pint on your way to the game or back home.
3-5 Vivian Avenue, Hendon, NW4 3UT
I actually have no clue what I'll be doing. This seems sound to me. Or else just bang it into the TFL journey planner.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Top apps to download before leaving

1. CITYMAPPER - the only way Londoners check routes
2. UBER - try half price more comfortable taxis. When downloading Uber using the code d2a1e for a free £10 for you and I. And then use SAVETHESTUDENT15 to get yourself another free £15. You need to put both codes in before your first ride. But free cabs all weekend if 2 or more of you do this
Last edited by Russ on Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:Top apps to download before leaving

2. UBER - try half price more comfortable taxis. When downloading Uber using the code d3a1e for a free £10 for you and I. And then use SAVETHESTUDENT15 to get yourself another free £15. You need to put both codes in before your first ride. But free cabs all weekend if 2 or more of you do this
Gentleman +1
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:Top apps to download before leaving

2. UBER - try half price more comfortable taxis. When downloading Uber using the code d2a1e for a free £10 for you and I. And then use SAVETHESTUDENT15 to get yourself another free £15. You need to put both codes in before your first ride. But free cabs all weekend if 2 or more of you do this
Gentleman +1
My Uber code for the £10 is d2a1e not as previously mistakenly written