Ulster v Zebre

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Zebre

Post by ruckover »

pip14 wrote:Here's Walsh in action....looks good

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLg0VsYoM2E

Ruck, would it be because IRFU confirmed this morning Mike McCarthy out for Scotland game?
Possibly.

Like that video of Walsh. Seems strong and has a good turn of pace on him too.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

He's 27 though - why would we be playing him over Allen or even Rory Scholes?
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

ruckover wrote:He's 27 though - why would we be playing him over Allen or even Rory Scholes?
Maybe because the coaching staff think he is a better player and at 27 he's got plenty of miles in him yet especially as a winger! Seems to have a lot of gas and strength in the video, can't tell quality of oppo mind! :fleg:
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Does this lad Walsh play fullback, or even better, tighthead?
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

If he can play wing and tighthead that would be a truly special feat, beyond the capabilities of every rugby player I know of, save one man.

I'm sure I don't have to tell you who this other genius of versatility is.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nightsoil wrote:If he can play wing and tighthead that would be a truly special feat, beyond the capabilities of every rugby player I know of, save one man.

Declan Fitzpatrick
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Nightsoil wrote:If he can play wing and tighthead that would be a truly special feat, beyond the capabilities of every rugby player I know of, save one man.

Joel Tomkins
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:

Joel Tomkins
Im hoping we haven't selected Walsh based on this one video! We nearly made that mistake with our Joel!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I can think of a brave few players we've signed in previous years based on some rather dodgy videos, or cartoons more like.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Happy with that side, although I agree with pip - where are Tuohy and Allen?
Away searching for p ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rooster wrote:
ruckover wrote:Happy with that side, although I agree with pip - where are Tuohy and Allen?
Away searching for p ?

Get them boyos from CERN that found the Higgs Boson doofer to look for Wee'p ... they've the proper equipment
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Away searching for p ?

Get them boyos from CERN that found the Higgs Boson doofer to look for Wee'p ... they've the proper equipment
Would they pick him up running round thon big doughnut ? He's probably trying to catch that Higgs Boson chap !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I swear I love to see Wee'p run ... but it's not natur'l them wee legs moving like that ... not natur'l I tell ye ...
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

God in heaven - he misses a few games, and everyone forgets our very own renaissance man, Nigel Brady!

Probably not available as Kidney wants to have a chat with him about Brady starting at 10 should Rogina be unavailable as well.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ruckover wrote: I was criticised during the AIs when I suggested trying out a few young guys because some claimed we were already weakened enough without resting players, yet now when I suggest playing our strongest side I am criticised because we should give Cochrane a chance? :scratch: I can't win on here...
Ruckie old chasp, you are comparing apples and pumice stones. Neither Cochrane nor Allen are members of our elite fighting squad, both linger around the edges, like an extra in Spartacus, flashing their muscularly thighs but not yet central to the action.

Neither as yet are significantly more central to Ulster's plans than the other, Allen has probably fought his way to a short head advantage, but with several furlongs still to run, that's a matter of little consequence.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.