Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 pm A defeat to Connacht, is it still a successful season, discuss yes/no ..
We ran a fully loaded Leinster side playing at home in the Aviva closer than English champions Leicester and French giants Toulouse in the European Cup knockouts.... I say yes.

We were still within a beagles gowl up until 65 odd minutes, which is more than Toulouse with their all international lineup and massive budget can say.
Good answer
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Leinster could easily have had 3 more v us. Also Toulouse crumbled spectacularly after their early injury and yellow. Did the same after 2nd yellow. The only thing is we were p!sh poor against Leinster/Ireland and still kept the score respectable. Probably the worst we’ve played v them in a long time including the 2nd half capitulation at the RDS.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:24 am The weather was the key factor in keeping our score close. Leinster would not have racked up the points they did against Leicester and toulouse in downpour. Remember LR away?
I don't think the weather was that big a factor. If you think it was then take into account the 5 games we've played them prior to Euro last 16. All 5 of those games were by finer margins.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The 'losing to Leinster by less than Toulouse lost to Leinster' trophy will be Dan's greatest achievement.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:17 pm The 'losing to Leinster by less than Toulouse lost to Leinster' trophy will be Dan's greatest achievement.
:lol: He has a few wins also.

SUFTUM followed by "Can we play you every week" chants pouring out on the terrace.

None of us are happy losing to Leinster, it deeply sickens me, but they're in a golden era with an embarrassment of talent.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:17 pm The 'losing to Leinster by less than Toulouse lost to Leinster' trophy will be Dan's greatest achievement.
Image He has a few wins also.

SUFTUM followed by "Can we play you every week" chants pouring out on the terrace.

None of us are happy losing to Leinster, it deeply sickens me, but they're in a golden era with an embarrassment of talent.
It will make this year's urc win even sweeter
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:23 pm

They've been in a golden era since 2008 especially against us.
However it's not just Leireland we've capitulated to- if it was, UR may be judged in a different light: but knock out defeats to Glasgow twice, Leicester, Stormers, add Sale capitulation to mediocrity, winning position Vs Toulouse, Munster at home, record collapses etc. Not just in Dan's time.
So sorry, final or bust. Beaten twice closely by Leireland and in a final by winning home knock out games we should win is bottom line. Or should we not strive towards a winning mentality and excellence?
Exterminate all rational thought
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:22 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:23 pm

They've been in a golden era since 2008 especially against us.
However it's not just Leireland we've capitulated to- if it was, UR may be judged in a different light: but knock out defeats to Glasgow twice, Leicester, Stormers, add Sale capitulation to mediocrity, winning position Vs Toulouse, Munster at home, record collapses etc. Not just in Dan's time.
So sorry, final or bust. Beaten twice closely by Leireland and in a final by winning home knock out games we should win is bottom line. Or should we not strive towards a winning mentality and excellence?
Exactly this. Good post CI.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Benneton getting tanked in Europe semi so connacht will be guaranteed Heineken cup next season.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:06 pm Benneton getting tanked in Europe semi so connacht will be guaranteed Heineken cup next season.
Not if Sharks win the URC.

Correct me if I'm wrong Neil
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:10 pm
jean valjean wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:06 pm Benneton getting tanked in Europe semi so connacht will be guaranteed Heineken cup next season.

By the book you are correct.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Neill_M wrote:
big mervyn wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:10 pm

By the book you are correct.
One step closer then 🫡. The sharks are so far away from winning it it is basically there. Suspect it will be confirmed next week.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bulls' place is secured today.

It is theoretically possible to finish 3rd in the URC league and not qualify for the Heineken Cup.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Dave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 11:57 am
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:03 pm A defeat to Connacht, is it still a successful season, discuss yes/no ..
We ran a fully loaded Leinster side playing at home in the Aviva closer than English champions Leicester and French giants Toulouse in the European Cup knockouts.... I say yes.

We were still within a beagles gowl up until 65 odd minutes, which is more than Toulouse with their all international lineup and massive budget can say.
Good answer
Doesn’t matter what else we did
A defeat to Connaught is a Horlix
The URC league shambles is only an income raising scam to decide who enters the real knockout competition at the end. Finishing second and not winning qf or sf would be a failure. BUT WE WONT!!
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Lose that is!