Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by StandUp »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:42 pm Sexton gets another life. Moxham must be at the bottom of the pile which is crazy to think considering he started against Toulouse away last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm. Hopefully he can do more in better weather.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ulster v Ospreys Saturday October 8 7:35pm KO - BBC2 NI / URC TV / Premier Sports 2 / Super Sport / TG4 / S4C

Post by Loki »

Dave wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 pm Two natural born finishers out wide. I expect a try fest.
Always like to see Lyttle in the league games. Gilroy approaching last hurrah territory but still reasonably good value as a squad option.

I haven't kept up with fitness concerns over the two but I remain somewhat perplexed at Sexton and, particularly, Moxham's inclusions last week. Happy to be proven wrong but I don't see much to suggest either will prove a long term bet. Perhaps Gilory's absent defence wouldn't have been much better though.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Loki wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:12 pm Two natural born finishers out wide. I expect a try fest.
Always like to see Lyttle in the league games. Gilroy approaching last hurrah territory but still reasonably good value as a squad option.

I haven't kept up with fitness concerns over the two but I remain somewhat perplexed at Sexton and, particularly, Moxham's inclusions last week. Happy to be proven wrong but I don't see much to suggest either will prove a long term bet. Perhaps Gilory's absent defence wouldn't have been much better though.
I think Sexton was shafted starting last week and not this week. Anyway he's yesterday's man, time to move on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:
Loki wrote:

I think Sexton was shafted starting last week and not this week. Anyway he's yesterday's man, time to move on.
Tend to disagree. I would rather play against the very best at home rather than an away trip to wales.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
Loki wrote:

Tend to disagree. I would rather play against the very best at home rather than an away trip to wales.

Why did I think it was at home!?

Yeah and I accept he's done. We move on.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
Loki wrote:

Thought we were awayImage. Either way I would prefer to play at home against the very best.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:42 pm Sexton gets another life. Moxham must be at the bottom of the pile which is crazy to think considering he started against Toulouse away last year.

Moxham hasn't really shown much either (yet)
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Dave wrote:
Loki wrote: Always like to see Lyttle in the league games. Gilroy approaching last hurrah territory but still reasonably good value as a squad option.

Thought we were awayImage. Either way I would prefer to play at home against the very best.

You might but I don't think he did Image
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

Gilly worries me now. Is moxham that far behind, after all last year Lowry and Doagh really stepped up last year when we needed them. sexton all hype no trousers. He should have been sent to South Africa instead of McIlroy
Dura lex sed lex
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Looking forward to Frank son of BR hopefully getting a few minutes, looks big and abrasive. French D2 is as physical a league as they come, hoping he's a late bloomer. I wouldn't put it past Munster missing out on talent.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Very easy so far
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Two tries to the good
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

LUKE MARSHALL IS ON FIRE!!!!!
He looks like he is absolutely loving his rugby again.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:15 pm LUKE MARSHALL IS ON FIRE!!!!!
He looks like he is absolutely loving his rugby again.
Totally agree, reminds us that Hume, Postlewaite, Moore have a competition on their hands!
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

This is looking like a comeback season for Luke Marshall, and he was excellent this evening. At the risk of annoying some on this board (and taking account the lack of quality shown by the Ospreys) I thought Sam Carter had a good game. Unfortunate to lose two out-halves in quick succession. Hopefully Jake Flannery will get through the last Emerging Ireland game and be ready in case we need him against the Lions next week.

Ospreys best player was their number 8, Morgan Morris. Keelan Giles on the left wing looked dangerous, and their out-half Jack Walsh showed some great feet, but otherwise they were pretty poor.