Scarlets v Ulster Saturday September 24th 1pm KO - Premier Sports 1 / Super Sport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets v Ulster Saturday September 24th 1pm KO - Premier Sports 1 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by Bart S »

monkee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:08 pm Is Cooney’s 30 point haul pushing any Ulster records?
Different competition but not quite at this level

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id ... rush-wasps

A very good performance by Cooney overall. Thought Marcus Rea had a very good 55 minutes and when Ulster were under the cosh in the first half he seemed like he was fighting a lone battle at times. Lowry made some lovely breaks.

10 points after 2 games. can't argue with that.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Scarlets v Ulster Saturday September 24th 1pm KO - Premier Sports 1 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by big mervyn »

monkee wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:08 pm Is Cooney’s 30 point haul pushing any Ulster records?
55 points away from home must be up there.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

39 points conceded is a little worrying. Hopefully it’s just the lads getting used to a new defence coach’s systems.
Tbh I expected this to be a much closer affair so very happy.
Here’s to 5 points against the ladybiys👍 That’s a game that Matty Rea can’t be involved in. Hopefully Reffell isn’t badly injured.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Really big shift from Marcus Rea again. Leinster’s back row will be very strong next week regardless of who they put out, so him and Timoney will be very much needed. Big call to see who’ll get the other back row shirt, would go for McCann personally with Jordi on the bench but Dan seems to rate Matty so I’d imagine it’ll be him.

Big call to see who starts on the other wing as well as Stockdale, the Emerging Ireland tour has very much screwed us over in this with no Baloucoune or McIlroy and Sexton probably injured.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

We can't go into big games with matty starting in the back row. I counted at least 4 blatent errors today that should not be acceptable at professional level.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I counted at least six errors Jean and I probably missed some.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

StandUp wrote:I counted at least six errors Jean and I probably missed some.
I only saw half the game 🫣

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Just now watched the game. Great advert for rugby. Lineout still not as safe as it ought to be but not really complaining. Looking forward to next week.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

You are absolutely right Solids, it was a very good advert for rugby in general, and also for the URC. I’m sure the boys enjoyed that, which hopefully will give them confidence for next week.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp wrote:You are absolutely right Solids, it was a very good advert for rugby in general, and also for the URC. I’m sure the boys enjoyed that, which hopefully will give them confidence for next week.
He wasn't great at times. Marcus was superb. I would like to see more of Harry Sheridan tbh.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:18 pm
StandUp wrote:You are absolutely right Solids, it was a very good advert for rugby in general, and also for the URC. I’m sure the boys enjoyed that, which hopefully will give them confidence for next week.
He wasn't great at times. Marcus was superb. I would like to see more of Harry Sheridan tbh.
Yeah, I would like to see Sheridan get a few games under his belt, although perhaps not against Leinster.
That might be a baptism of fire. I agree though, he does have potential.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

StandUp wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:05 pm 39 points conceded is a little worrying. Hopefully it’s just the lads getting used to a new defence coach’s systems.
Tbh I expected this to be a much closer affair so very happy.
Here’s to 5 points against the ladybiys👍 That’s a game that Matty Rea can’t be involved in. Hopefully Reffell isn’t badly injured.
Was trying to charge down a kick iirc. Possibly a hammy or he maybe jarred a knee.

Crazy game really.

Our D looked as solid as Worcester last season!

Marcus arguably deserved MOTM for the try and the turnover that decided the match, although he did butcher the try scoring chance first thing.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:14 pm
Pipped only by beating Zebre 57 - 14 away in recent memory. Coetzee grabbed a first half hat trick, scoring four in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:33 am
Pipped only by beating Zebre 57 - 14 away in recent memory. Coetzee grabbed a first half hat trick, scoring four in total.
They did use to be ulster's bogey team away, albeit they were a pretty good side I think a few seasons ago we beat all the Welsh sides away
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:33 am
55 is also Scarlets 2nd highest points conceded at home apparently.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall