Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by shamalicious »

D4, what is your beef with Connacht?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:D4, what is your beef with Connacht?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Dumped by a Galway Girl? >seeya
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dublin4 wrote: I'm all for keeping Connacht going as a developmental outfit, just as long as they don't drain resources needed elsewhere.
How incredibly magnanimous of you my liege.
As long as Leinster can pick and choose what ever players they want from their development province. :thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Just how much are Leinster haemorrhaging?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Can it be rescheduled for the midweek before Connacht play us please!
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:Just how much are Leinster haemorrhaging?
Their business model is almost as bad as Sorries
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Heard they've opened a school in D4. Leasing the land from some guy who pays for Sexton
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
No, it isn't, despite apparent evidence to the contrary, they are allegedly on a very similar financial footing as Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
No, it isn't, despite apparent evidence to the contrary, they are allegedly on a very similar financial footing as Ulster.
The Leinster deal with the RDS is no bargain from what I've been told and I am also told that the new RDS development deal is very much in the RDS' favour.

The other side of that could be that we could be profligate with our income streams which appear to be more solid than any team in the league. Oh I don't know.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
The Leinster deal with the RDS is no bargain from what I've been told and I am also told that the new RDS development deal is very much in the RDS' favour.

The other side of that could be that we could be profligate with our income streams which appear to be more solid than any team in the league. Oh I don't know.
As I said, the apparent evidence seems to support you, however I am told elsewhere that Leinster are on a very similar financial footing as ourselves despite our apparent advantages of a debt free stadium on which no rental is paid, a naming rights deal & every usable inch of wall covered in adverts, and if I'm not mistaken a smaller pro squad.

I can only imagine that if it is true that the finances are roughly on a par that a mix of the following are at play:

- some private money involved (we already know that Heaslip & Jahnny have private funding included in their stipend)
- they may have more lucrative advertising and sponsorship, that would hardly be surprising.
- no idea if this is the case, but possibly easier taxation given sport appears to be a favoured area for concessions down'tsouth, definitely no equivalent rates liability.
- unknown unknowns

I understand that both clubs receive identical amounts from the FIRFU.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

As I said, the apparent evidence seems to support you, however I am told elsewhere that Leinster are on a very similar financial footing as ourselves despite our apparent advantages of a debt free stadium on which no rental is paid, a naming rights deal & every usable inch of wall covered in adverts, and if I'm not mistaken a smaller pro squad.

I can only imagine that if it is true that the finances are roughly on a par that a mix of the following are at play:

- some private money involved (we already know that Heaslip & Jahnny have private funding included in their stipend)
- they may have more lucrative advertising and sponsorship, that would hardly be surprising.
- no idea if this is the case, but possibly easier taxation given sport appears to be a favoured area for concessions down'tsouth, definitely no equivalent rates liability.
- unknown unknowns

I understand that both clubs receive identical amounts from the FIRFU.
If I am not imagining things the BOI deal that Leinster have is more per year than the Ulster deal for 3 years
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Im also certain that D4 didnt do the BoI deal. The FIRFU did it for them
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Weather forecast looking tropical for this one.... :roll: A proverbial "8 pointer" this one even at this stage of the season. Scaaarlets looked dangerous at times last week, just couldn't take their chances. Home win.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Connacht have a significantly stronger team out tonight than they have done all season.

I think they could edge Scarlets here.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

There'd be a bigger crowd at Ravers for a Ravens match.
Awful night though. Whomsoever knocks on least will win.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.