Irel;and v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

loosehead1984
Initiate

Re: Irel;and v France

Post by loosehead1984 »

Interesting to read this morning that Joe thinks this is the biggest game of his career. He's describing himself as being "cautiously optimistic".

Roll on the weekend!
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:I am surprised there is not more outrage here about Paddy's omission. I am right pished off about it. He has played his part in this 6N so far and has done nothing to be dropped. He certainly should be there ahead of Quiffy. Joe's rationale about more comprehensive bench cover etc.. is just a load of bollix. If he truly thinks that, then Quiffy would have ben there from the beginning. Sexton is still starting and nothing has changed. Screw you Joe.
Spiffer, what Joe won't tell you is that there are 4 backs carrying injuries & that is exactly why Quiff gets the gig. However if you ask me is he better able to cover those 4 positions better than GP I'd say, Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not so bloody sure.

Middle of the bloody night ....... what time is it? ....................Ferris time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
I think the clincher is Rob Kearney. You cannot go to Paris with no replacement for your fullback who is less than 100%. I would hate to see PJ parachuted into a game like that after 15 minutes in a position he hasn't played.
That would be like Tom Court playing tight head. Oh wait...
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Is there some doubt about Rob Kearney's fitness?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Spiffsson wrote:Is there some doubt about Rob Kearney's fitness?
Yes but there are others as well.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

kingofthehill wrote:
Spiffsson wrote:Is there some doubt about Rob Kearney's fitness?
Yes but there are others as well.
Is that why Madigan is there then? Have to say, dropping Jackson has taken the shine off this one for me. But that's cause of my biassed ulster attitude lol.

I'm dreaming of a trimble hat-trick of tries to win 15-14! :)
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

So that's England game done.

Just a win needed in France now!
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

"just" ;-)
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:
Is that why Madigan is there then? Have to say, dropping Jackson has taken the shine off this one for me.
Saying that Jackson has been dropped is entirely incongruous and you are missing the point of having wider squad from which to pick a match day 23. He is the second choice 10 behind the guy who is clearly the best 10 in Europe. Joe has chosen not to have a direct replacement for Sexton on the bench and has gone for a utility back instead because there are too many players carrying knocks including the fullback.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Is that why Madigan is there then? Have to say, dropping Jackson has taken the shine off this one for me.
Saying that Jackson has been dropped is entirely incongruous and you are missing the point of having wider squad from which to pick a match day 23. He is the second choice 10 behind the guy who is clearly the best 10 in Europe. Joe has chosen not to have a direct replacement for Sexton on the bench and has gone for a utility back instead because there are too many players carrying knocks including the fullback.
Snipe, sometimes you need to consider who posted something.

For those in doubt, Ginger Prince is absolutely JS's 2nd choice 10, this is an entirely different matter, he has not been dropped no matter how yer wee brain computes the happenings.

Mind you with his appalling kicking game last night, if you are an Ireland fan, maybe no harm. Shocking performance, absolutely no game management on display from either half-back, the last 50 minutes a disgrace.

Here is a thought, if they hadn't screwed about for 40 minutes Ruan should have been on the bench by the time he got wrecked.

Anyway back in Paris, I don' see Ireland winning, hope to be wrong but ..............
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Pictures from RTE showing Paddy getting of Ireland team bus in Paris
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Believe Baggy. We can do this.

Gwan Ireland.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Well said Snipe.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Believe Baggy. We can do this.

Gwan Ireland.
There is no question we can Shan, best chance we have had in a while, Joe has made a great difference win or lose.

What worries me is the echo of 1982 when I went to watch us in a Grand Slam (having been there in 76,78 & 80) they had lost all games but brought back all their enormous guys including a huge thug called Imbernon and they overpowered us 17-6 I think it was but we were never in it.

Tonight they have a massive pack out, it will be a huge physical test, face that & survive it & yeah we can win.

Those who expect us to win :roll: but yeah we can.

We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win
We can win

Right, I think I believe it. :shock:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

It'd be a complete travesty if Ireland lost tonight. But doesn't mean it won't happen.

COME ON IRELAND!!!!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Oh yeah I agree we cannot just expect to win given our record v France, But I don't ever want to expect to lose. I will always believe until the last bit of hope is gone. :D

And we even have our hero in the good old USA who knows the meaning of this game and the BOD angle. That has to give us an extra edge. Feck. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21h24n1tSk8