Munster 2014-2015

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Munster 2014-2015

Post by Loki »

squeaky bum time in Thomond.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Munster are doing an Ulster here.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

jaysus take one of your kicks at least. Munster should have been out of sight 20 minutes ago. couldn't kick spuds to chickens at the moment.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Christ Munster did their best to lose that. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

dearie me what a way to get out of jail. Scandalous last 20 from Munster, they are very, very lucky to win that having all but dominated the scores. the Ospreys prop lumbering to glory was incredible!
DHK
Steward

Post by DHK »

Lucky lucky lucky! But fair play, unlike us they got over the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Well, the semifinals have been epic.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I wonder what Munterfans would've been like had Nige not reviewed for Webb's knock-on! I'm fairly certain we wouldn't be the only bunch of whingers around (including myself in that!)
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Terrific game in fairness and both semis were a good advert for a poor league.
Best games I have seen in the pro 12 this season which shows what happens in terms of quality when teams put their strongest sides out at the same time..
All to rare unfortunately.
Last edited by bazzaj on Sat May 23, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

2 gigantic games alright. Well done to Munster today. I think they've got everything required to win it, especially if Glasgow's injuries aren't resolved following yesterday#s game.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Loki wrote:2 gigantic games alright. Well done to Munster today. I think they've got everything required to win it, especially if Glasgow's injuries aren't resolved following yesterday#s game.
A few big ones themselves Loki, Murray ligaments, POM bate again, one or two others. Frankly I hope some of Glasgow's are terminal.

Just heard Paulie saying it was probably his last game in red at Thomond Park. It will be a privilege to see him play his last Munster game at Spanners, I hope he will get the support he deserves.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Loki wrote:2 gigantic games alright. Well done to Munster today. I think they've got everything required to win it, especially if Glasgow's injuries aren't resolved following yesterday#s game.
A few big ones themselves Loki, Murray ligaments, POM bate again, one or two others. Frankly I hope some of Glasgow's are terminal.

Just heard Paulie saying it was probably his last game in red at Thomond Park. It will be a privilege to see him play his last Munster game at Spanners, I hope he will get the support he deserves.
Plus 1 Baggy, how we could have done with Paulie's leadership on Friday. Munster will know exactly what to do to take on Glasgow, destroy them in the forwards with mauls, Killer and co giving go forward ball, hope they destroy Glasgow.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

We almost managed to make a balls of that but thankfully we clung on and managed to get to the final.

We handed them 2 tries on a plate. Stander pretty much handed Webb the ball and said here you are horse, gwan and take a try. The Zebo one was even worse. He has developed a habit of kicking away possession stupidly. He did it for Ireland in the 6n and he did it yesterday and it could have cost him the game. Of course he scored a try but I would have scored that as he got the ball 1 metre from the try line. Even he can't kick away possession that close to the line.

This along with Keatley's inability to kick goals almost cost us dearly. His general play is still OK but if you're a kicker who can't kick you're not much f-cking use.

Murray going off didn't help matters either of course. Williams played well enough but he is a league lower than Murray.

Anyway feck it- We are into the final.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Aye. Yiz almost made an even bigger ballix of the day for those of us with tkts.

Are you going to grace us with your presence for this wan Shan? You can park the 'van in Onslow - sure the residents won't mind.

I'll be wearing my red Ulster gym tee to show a bit of Oirish solidarity. Gwan Munster!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote: This along with Keatley's inability to kick goals almost cost us dearly. His general play is still OK but if you're a kicker who can't kick you're not much f-cking use.
The more I've watched Keatley this season the more I think he is better than I've given him credit for in the past, some very good moments but that kicking has to be a big concern for the final.

I've always seen him as a hit or miss kicker who has very good or very bad days. What I don't know is how he reacts to a day like that, can he recover his poise in a week? He certainly has had moments this year when he has shown "character" like the winning drop goal at Sale.

His intestinal fortitude issue is the big one for me this week, if he comes back fairly strong I expect Munster to win, a repeat of yesterday & Weegies will scent blood, that is one of their strong points, they are good scavengers.