Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v La Rochelle - Saturday (Sunday?) Ravenhill (RDS?)

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:41 pm Thanks. Just had my theirDS ptsd triggered.

I hope they are right. If it has to be a change of venue, the sooner the better with all the transportation factors.

Are people still offended by Sunday games?
Ulster may not want a Sunday game, that would mean a 5 day turnaround for Connacht game. La Rochelle may not be able to do Sunday re travel plans, up to Ulster to be able to host game etc thus the RDS plan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:41 pm Thanks. Just had my theirDS ptsd triggered.

I hope they are right. If it has to be a change of venue, the sooner the better with all the transportation factors.

Ulster may not want a Sunday game, that would mean a 5 day turnaround for Connacht game. La Rochelle may not be able to do Sunday re travel plans, up to Ulster to be able to host game etc thus the RDS plan.
Genuinely curious if Sunday games are offensive to anyone rather than the impractical issues.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Last Sunday's game was very offensive 👍
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Last Sunday's game was very offensive 👍
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

promenader 2 wrote:Last Sunday's game was very offensive Image
ImageImageImage
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:41 pm
It appears not (and of course I'm generalising). While there are those who prefer the game not to be Sunday for religious reasons, the levels of vocal opposition to more recent Sunday matches compared to that famous Leicester win are minimal.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

What's the betting that the pitch thawed overnight? Don't think it was as warm as they were hoping for. If its in RDS it will be interesting to see what they do with tickets. I feel the leinster fans would SUFTUM if they had the chance. They might do so more eagerly than us at the minute to be fair.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Why would they move to the RDS?

Ulster can postpone it for 24 hours, Sunday is to be 8C
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

They already ruled out postponement til Sunday BigAl. Maybe because of the 5 day turnaround?
Chris Montez
Novice

Post by Chris Montez »

This should not even be in question. Leinster playing tonight at RDS no problem and its been baltic in Dublin all week - was showing -5 in the car taking kids to school @8am and I live 30 minutes walk from the RDS. My eldest is moving to one of the South Dublin Rugby Schools in Sept and at the open day they were keen to point out not only the 4 G pitch they have, but also the undersoil heating they have for the 1st XV Grass Pitch. For Ulster still to be running around with bits of plastic sheeting and leaf blowers on a pitch that looks like you could build a half decent sand castle speaks volumes as to where their priorities are.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Dave wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:51 pm
Neill_M wrote:

Genuinely curious if Sunday games are offensive to anyone rather than the impractical issues.
There are some who believe Sunday should be kept holy, however being offended by Sunday games is a choice, and being offended changes nothing.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Chris Montez wrote:This should not even be in question. Leinster playing tonight at RDS no problem and its been baltic in Dublin all week - was showing -5 in the car taking kids to school @8am and I live 30 minutes walk from the RDS. My eldest is moving to one of the South Dublin Rugby Schools in Sept and at the open day they were keen to point out not only the 4 G pitch they have, but also the undersoil heating they have for the 1st XV Grass Pitch. For Ulster still to be running around with bits of plastic sheeting and leaf blowers on a pitch that looks like you could build a half decent sand castle speaks volumes as to where their priorities are.
It's the Ulster way.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster team to play Stade Rochelais, Heineken Champions Cup Round 2, Saturday 17 December at Kingspan Stadium (KO 5 30pm), live on BT Sport.

(15-9): Mike Lowry, Ethan McIlroy, Luke Marshall, Stuart McCloskey, Rob Lyttle, Billy Burns, John Cooney;

(1-8): Rory Sutherland, Tom Stewart, Marty Moore, Alan O’Connor, Sam Carter, Iain Henderson (Captain), Nick Timoney, Duane Vermeulen.

Replacements: Rob Herring, Eric O’Sullivan, Gareth Milasinovich, Kieran Treadwell, David McCann, Nathan Doak, Stewart Moore, Ben Moxham

Edit: UR website had Doak starting and benching. I took the liberty of changing it. I might make a few other changes.
Last edited by Dave on Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Ulster A are apparently able to play a game at Meadowlands in sunny Costa del Magherafelt today. How come Ravenhill is the only ># pitch involved?

UR are more interested in selling Yellow Door burgers to corporates in the Goodbody Lounge and charging 3 sheets for crap coffee at supporters events than what happens on the pitch...
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Doak replacing himself with 20 to go?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.