Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Ulster Rugby‏@UlsterRugby · 6 minutes ago

SQUAD UPDATE:

Chris Henry has a hamstring strain and is doubtful for this weekend’s match v Connacht.

Charles Piutau has bruising on his lower leg and will miss the trip to Galway.

Rob Herring suffered a concussion against 'Quins and will follow the return to play protocols.

They join the following players on the current injured list:
Rory Best (ankle)
Luke Marshall (Achilles)
Tommy Bowe (hamstring)
Marcell Coetzee (knee)
Johnny Simpson (wrist)
Kyle McCall (shoulder)
Rodney Ah You (wrist)
Jean Deysel (neck)
Jared Payne (headaches)
I was talking to Jean Deysel few days ago and he told me he had recovered from his injury (trapped nerve in neck/shoulder) and would be playing this week. :scratch:
Does Les know?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Does Les know?
As Les would say..... Maybe you have ruminated on this question once or twice or maybe more times, depending on how much amount of time you have spent in solitude or maybe the amount of time you have spent feeling distressed or helpless.

Clear?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So our Hookers Best Diddies aren't playing, we've bruised our Charley and hurt our Cubes. They're be no attacking from the back and through the middle isn't an option.
This was never a sexy fixture but right now a Manage a trois with Arlene and Theresa May would be preferable.

Now try and get that image outta yer scone's...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Feckin' scarred fer life Tender. Thanks.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote: Does Les know?
As Les would say..... Maybe you have ruminated on this question once or twice or maybe more times, depending on how much amount of time you have spent in solitude or maybe the amount of time you have spent feeling distressed or helpless.

Clear?
Shirley systems and processes get a mention?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cave has not played in 7 weeks. Ideally he should get a run of games. The haters will love it if he's rusty.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:Cave has not played in 7 weeks. Ideally he should get a run of games. The haters will love it if he's rusty.
Giving a player a game every several weeks is hardly ideal especially if reports ar true that said player is also banished from training with the teams and instead exiled. Especially one who in my opinion hasn’t been properly managed back from his injuries of last year.. you’d almost think some want him to fail or at least show rust and therefore justify the treatment being afforded him.. the fact that he is no longer our best 13 is irrelevant when you play a winger who is no longer amongst our starting wingers it smacks of something as does the exiled training...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Some stats:

Westies at home so far this year (3-2)

L 12-18 Glasgow, W 32-10 :king: :king: , L 15-17 Cardiff, W 20-16 >TT , W 23-15 Cheetahs

Ulster's away form (2-1-1)

W 14-21 Benetton, L 27-23 Zebre, W 36-43 :king: :king: , D 32-32 Dragons

Last 5 meetings at the Sportsground from a :red: POV:

16/17 L 30-25
15/16 W 10-3
14/15 W 27-20
13/14 W 18-7
12/13 W 34-18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The brill brigade will love that. Sure dave parade is a tough place to go.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:The brill brigade will love that. Sure dave parade is a tough place to go.
People can interpret the stats as they please :D

Ulster have played no one of note away from home yet. In terms of the Westies, beating Munster was a good result but balanced by losing to Cardiff. Losing to Glasgow no disgrace given their league form this year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Dave wrote:The brill brigade will love that. Sure dave parade is a tough place to go.

Ulster have played no one of note away from home yet. In terms of the Westies, beating Munster was a good result but balanced by losing to Cardiff. Losing to Glasgow no disgrace given their league form this year.
In the new year we play Leinster, Edinburgh, Scarlets and Munster away. I'd be happy with two wins, a draw and one defeat from that lot. Aside even from the poor results, the level of performance has been the most concerning.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dave wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

In the new year we play Leinster, Edinburgh, Scarlets and Munster away. I'd be happy with two wins, a draw and one defeat from that lot. Aside even from the poor results, the level of performance has been the most concerning.
Playing Scarlets during the 6N so they will be missing a stack of players, a win is very possible there. Could see wins over Scarlets and Edinburgh.

Munster game is an interesting one, last round of the regular season, could be in a situation where the play-off spots are already decided and Ulster were heading back to Limerick the following week in the 1st round of the post season.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:
Playing Scarlets during the 6N so they will be missing a stack of players, a win is very possible there. Could see wins over Scarlets and Edinburgh.

Munster game is an interesting one, last round of the regular season, could be in a situation where the play-off spots are already decided and Ulster were heading back to Limerick the following week in the 1st round of the post season.
We will have no Hendo, Best or Stockdale. Possibly others too. Cooney has been called up to mini camp Joe this week.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Also Gilroy. A player Joe seems to like a bit.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:Cave has not played in 7 weeks. Ideally he should get a run of games. The haters will love it if he's rusty.
Giving a player a game every several weeks is hardly ideal especially if reports ar true that said player is also banished from training with the teams and instead exiled. Especially one who in my opinion hasn’t been properly managed back from his injuries of last year.. you’d almost think some want him to fail or at least show rust and therefore justify the treatment being afforded him.. the fact that he is no longer our best 13 is irrelevant when you play a winger who is no longer amongst our starting wingers it smacks of something as does the exiled training...
Cockers all that makes sense but I do not accept that he is no longer our best 13, I think it is abundantly clear that we ........least of all FOLK .............. have any real idea who is our best 13, Louis doesn't like the position, Tommy is not a 13, No Hands Luke was 2 years ago but had a dreadful run of matches before the mysterious injury and on that I think he may well have gone to Switzerland for a double hand transplant and all the Toblerone he can squirrel. Charless might be but strangely FOLK has never tried it, Stockcube likes 13, just never gets played there.

So who is our best 13? At this stage of the season, like KISS, I haven't a fuc'king Lulu.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.