MATCH OFF

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: MATCH OFF

Post by Dave »

Bryn should have announced a signing.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Maybe getting Rodders and Herbie packed up on curry and syrup of figs might have been useful. 500 well filled poop bags left all over the pitch would have thawed it out big time.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:Maybe getting Rodders and Herbie packed up on curry and syrup of figs might have been useful. 500 well filled poop bags left all over the pitch would have thawed it out big time.
Aye then in the summer they could shyte into a tank and spray it over the grass.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:Total clown fest.

Quit work early and rush rush rush, only to arrive at Spanners around 6.10pm to find a small throng of bodies, all wondering why the gates were shut.
6.15pm and eventsec start telling us the match is off..WTF?

Even the slowly dying Irish League Football have pitch inspections three hours before kick-off. How pathetic are Ulster Rugby looking right now?
Totally disgusted with their complete lack of consideration for their own support.
I'll be penning a strongly worded email to them, after some Guinness and Tayto, to calm my Bangor Reserves.
You were lucky only coming from Bangor, add 35 miles worth of freezing fog to the journey and that was my trip, ironically when we got out of freezing fog temp rose from -3 to +3 then I hear match is off.
I fear someone may die before I get happy again
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:Frost conditions in Galway, Glasgow and Llanelli must be OK..

I see UR tried to make the pitch playable using the hi tec method of getting staff and security to walk on the pitch to defrost it..
Pishing on it would have worked, heat plus urea to prevent refreezing
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The thing that really beats me is why they didn't apply to put under soil heating in when they were getting the money for the rebuild, now it is expensive to run but when you consider most heating is done during off peak hours and we have a firm who is a sponsor who sells electricity then perhaps it would work out cheaper than the fine for tonight's debacle and the previous ones that have occurred.
It also helps grass growth and keeps pitch in better shape in poor wet weather.
Rory Best
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

Thats where chief exec criticism should focus rather than player performance
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Frost conditions in Galway, Glasgow and Llanelli must be OK..

I see UR tried to make the pitch playable using the hi tec method of getting staff and security to walk on the pitch to defrost it..
Pishing on it would have worked, heat plus urea to prevent refreezing
UR is pish! End of conversation.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Rooster wrote:The thing that really beats me is why they didn't apply to put under soil heating in when they were getting the money for the rebuild, now it is expensive to run but when you consider most heating is done during off peak hours and we have a firm who is a sponsor who sells electricity then perhaps it would work out cheaper than the fine for tonight's debacle and the previous ones that have occurred.
https://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/lair ... gspan.html - article from August 2015

Various quotes:

As the stadium itself is in the middle of a renovation project, it is hoped funding can be allocated to the pitch in the future. In the meantime, James and his crew look after the pitch the best they can.

"At one end of the pitch, the high stand results in a huge shaded area, which does not help with grass growth in that particular zone. We have also had issues with heavy snowfall and frost in the past, even in this part of the city."

UlsterRugby StandHowever, the team have a remedy for helping with the typical Northern Irish weather and the problems associated with it. "We have frost sheets which are used for both frost and snow, as we can shovel the snow off the sheets without damaging the playing surface."

"We are hoping to enhance the pitch with new drainage, undersoil heating and an irrigation system in the future," confirms James. "This should help with the problems we are currently facing in some areas of the pitch."

The Ulster Rugby staff are hoping for a bigger development of the pitch. "We are working towards a new pitch in the near future, with a new surface, adequate drainage, irrigation and undersoil heating. I think a new pitch would complete the redevelopment project and really make Kingspan an exceptional stadium fit for purpose."
twiglet
Initiate

Post by twiglet »

A few years ago Ulster played a European match in much colder conditions. The ground had been protected to avoid a very hefty fine. Obviously any Pro 12 fine is minimal - not worth the effort of pitch protection.

I think this is just one example of how Ulster Rugby treat their supporters - they just take them for granted. Many supporters travel a long way across the province to be told the match is off. Zebra supporters have travelled much further! It is a shambles.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

On another note, Giants match called off after water logged pitch.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Why was Bryn wheeled out to spiel off whatever he was fed by Logan? Team Manager also chief bullshitter now?
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Neill_M wrote:
Rooster wrote:The thing that really beats me is why they didn't apply to put under soil heating in when they were getting the money for the rebuild, now it is expensive to run but when you consider most heating is done during off peak hours and we have a firm who is a sponsor who sells electricity then perhaps it would work out cheaper than the fine for tonight's debacle and the previous ones that have occurred.
https://www.pitchcare.com/magazine/lair ... gspan.html - article from August 2015

Various quotes:

As the stadium itself is in the middle of a renovation project, it is hoped funding can be allocated to the pitch in the future. In the meantime, James and his crew look after the pitch the best they can.

"At one end of the pitch, the high stand results in a huge shaded area, which does not help with grass growth in that particular zone. We have also had issues with heavy snowfall and frost in the past, even in this part of the city."

UlsterRugby StandHowever, the team have a remedy for helping with the typical Northern Irish weather and the problems associated with it. "We have frost sheets which are used for both frost and snow, as we can shovel the snow off the sheets without damaging the playing surface."

"We are hoping to enhance the pitch with new drainage, undersoil heating and an irrigation system in the future," confirms James. "This should help with the problems we are currently facing in some areas of the pitch."

The Ulster Rugby staff are hoping for a bigger development of the pitch. "We are working towards a new pitch in the near future, with a new surface, adequate drainage, irrigation and undersoil heating. I think a new pitch would complete the redevelopment project and really make Kingspan an exceptional stadium fit for purpose."
Di we not get a drainage and reseeding job done for this season ?
If not it was last season which begs the question why were the heating cables/pipes not installed as well, it's pretty simple and you put the cables/pipes in zones which means that you can heat the poor growth areas and frost areas more than the overall pitch and only heat the entire thing in bad weather.
It's all pretty standard technology now and easily controlled, thermostats working with air temps and ground temps.
If they go to do it now it means another pitch rebuild as it gets buried around 250 mm deep and 250 mm between lines.
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Various quotes:

Di we not get a drainage and reseeding job done for this season ?
If not it was last season which begs the question why were the heating cables/pipes not installed as well, it's pretty simple and you put the cables/pipes in zones which means that you can heat the poor growth areas and frost areas more than the overall pitch and only heat the entire thing in bad weather.
It's all pretty standard technology now and easily controlled, thermostats working with air temps and ground temps.
If they go to do it now it means another pitch rebuild as it gets buried around 250 mm deep and 250 mm between lines.
Maybe they took the funding and said they put undersoil heating.. now they have been found out.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I think we could play it tomorrow, that way the cold weather won't be a surprise after the tropical conditions we've enjoyed all week.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.