Irel;and v France

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Irel;and v France

Post by BaggyTrousers »

tigerburnie wrote:Good luck for the weekend guys, think the French are going to nick this one, don't mind if I'm proven wrong though. Wales aren't very good but good enough to beat Scotland and I think England will win comfortably to take the
Championship to add to the triple crown.................................. :duck:

Of course the French will win TB, after all they did beat England, besides which tradition tells us 2 things of interest:

1)Pour l'Irlande à gagner en France, deux lunes apparaissent dans le ciel nocturne au-dessus de Paris, dont l'un sera bleu. Les chiens dans la rue savent que c'est impossible.

(if your french isn't great, here it is in the mother tongue - Irish)

I gcás na hÉireann a bhuachan sa Fhrainc, beidh dhá Gealacha le feiceáil sa spéir na hoíche thar bPáras, beidh duine acu a bheith gorm. A fhios ag na madraí ar an tsráid go bhfuil sé dodhéanta.

Hope that helps. >EW

And secondly, it'sb the season after Lions year so the French must win.

pip pip.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

I am surprised there is not more outrage here about Paddy's omission. I am right pished off about it. He has played his part in this 6N so far and has done nothing to be dropped. He certainly should be there ahead of Quiffy. Joe's rationale about more comprehensive bench cover etc.. is just a load of bollix. If he truly thinks that, then Quiffy would have ben there from the beginning. Sexton is still starting and nothing has changed. Screw you Joe.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Im just happy he is not being broken

Quiffy can feck off

Paddy will be there to celebrate
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

What Joe Schmidt has done is bring Ireland (who were seriously lacking in depth) into the section of the world rugby game, where people see a home game against us, and think, it'll be a fight, and an away game is the same.
He's brought the provincial game to the international stage, one where previously, I wouldn't have given Ireland a hope if they were playing Leinster, Ulster or Munster. But now I actually believe Ireland is the cumulative strength of all of the best Irish players. Does that necessarily mean Ireland are the best in Europe? No, but it does mean that at very least, we're now backing up all of those Heineken cups.

As for France, they look as hopeless as the French teams who pay massive money to avoid looking as bad as the French game is.
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

MattMo wrote:What Joe Schmidt has done is bring Ireland (who were seriously lacking in depth) into the section of the world rugby game, where people see a home game against us, and think, it'll be a fight, and an away game is the same.
He's brought the provincial game to the international stage, one where previously, I wouldn't have given Ireland a hope if they were playing Leinster, Ulster or Munster. But now I actually believe Ireland is the cumulative strength of all of the best Irish players. Does that necessarily mean Ireland are the best in Europe? No, but it does mean that at very least, we're now backing up all of those Heineken cups.

As for France, they look as hopeless as the French teams who pay massive money to avoid looking as bad as the French game is.
Kidney's reign of terror is over!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Spiffsson wrote:I am surprised there is not more outrage here about Paddy's omission. I am right pished off about it. He has played his part in this 6N so far and has done nothing to be dropped. He certainly should be there ahead of Quiffy. Joe's rationale about more comprehensive bench cover etc.. is just a load of bollix. If he truly thinks that, then Quiffy would have ben there from the beginning. Sexton is still starting and nothing has changed. Screw you Joe.

like you very disappointed that the same excuse used in the Autumn International has now been used again for the last match in the 6 Nations when Paddy bench the rest of the matches. Can't help feel other outside powers at play as simply don't understand the logic....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
MattMo
Initiate

Post by MattMo »

Anyone else think Maaaak may have requested Paddy for what could be a tricky match against the scarlets, with Leinster having no game at all?
Just a thought...
Payne to play 13 for Leinster or 15 for Ulster
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Spiffsson wrote:I am surprised there is not more outrage here about Paddy's omission. I am right pished off about it. He has played his part in this 6N so far and has done nothing to be dropped. He certainly should be there ahead of Quiffy. Joe's rationale about more comprehensive bench cover etc.. is just a load of bollix. If he truly thinks that, then Quiffy would have ben there from the beginning. Sexton is still starting and nothing has changed. Screw you Joe.
I think if the Scarlets game hadn't been rearranged there definitely would have been. The relief that the Payne vs Pienaar vs Sugar debate has become irrelevant has tempered the response on this forum.

Ultimately, Jackson is rapidly becoming a credible rival to Sexton for the Ireland 10 jersey; Madigan on the other hand, is an adequate back up 10 to Jimmy Gopperth.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

MattMo wrote:Anyone else think Maaaak may have requested Paddy for what could be a tricky match against the scarlets, with Leinster having no game at all?
Just a thought...
I would not think that for a moment MattMo. Compared with the interests of the national team, that would be no reason at all to release Paddy back to Ulster. Ireland has always come first.

BTW , I agree with Baggy's post above, that it is quite likely that France will hump Ireland.They have been gawd-awful so far, but are due a good one; Ireland's record in Paris is the pits. If those fast French backs get some ball, they could cut loose against their pedestrian Irish counterparts. I dearly hope I am wrong. I would see England as 6N favourites at the moment, with the easiest game of the final round. Mind - I'd love to see the Jocks wallop the Taffs in Cardiff, but it's not that likely.
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

Spiffsson wrote:BTW , I agree with Baggy's post above, that it is quite likely that France will hump Ireland.
Actually, I have a feeling Ireland are going to win this one for the gipper!
loosehead1984
Initiate

Post by loosehead1984 »

MattMo wrote:He's brought the provincial game to the international stage, one where previously, I wouldn't have given Ireland a hope if they were playing Leinster, Ulster or Munster. But now I actually believe Ireland is the cumulative strength of all of the best Irish players. Does that necessarily mean Ireland are the best in Europe? No, but it does mean that at very least, we're now backing up all of those Heineken cups.
Joe certainly has brought Leinster's game to the 6Ns :lol: and for a Province playing in the 6Ns they have done really well :stir:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffer, what Joe won't tell you is that there are 4 backs carrying injuries & that is exactly why Quiff gets the gig. However if you ask me is he better able to cover those 4 positions better than GP I'd say, Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not so bloody sure.

Middle of the bloody night ....... what time is it? ....................Ferris time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Are you up watching the F1 too Baggy?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

As we have injury concerns in the centre and at full back it is understandable Joe has drafted in Madigan. He is the only one who can cover 10,12 and 15, except for Keatley who is not on the radar.

Jackson unlucky but that is the way it goes.

I thought Ruddock played well against Italy when he came on. Think he is unlucky not to get on the bench again. I suppose with Hendo covering 6 it may be understandable.

Anyway I know we have it all to do in Paris but I remain hopeful we can do the job and claim this championship.

Gwan Ireland.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Spiffer, what Joe won't tell you is that there are 4 backs carrying injuries & that is exactly why Quiff gets the gig. However if you ask me is he better able to cover those 4 positions better than GP I'd say, Hmmmmmmmmmmm, not so bloody sure.

Middle of the bloody night ....... what time is it? ....................Ferris time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg: :fleg:
I think the clincher is Rob Kearney. You cannot go to Paris with no replacement for your fullback who is less than 100%. I would hate to see PJ parachuted into a game like that after 15 minutes in a position he hasn't played.