Gusherasms

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Gusherasms

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Why's he called gusher.
You're kiddin' aren't you?
Okay, go , share it. Did you also know he coached a team in Ulster.

So you know the answer to the question you asked Kofi or am i getting something wrong?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Spititout
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:Absolutely pissing myself laughing at these!
Gusher Russ :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I don't know for certain but I was told that he was called Gusher Neilly at school and it has stuck. Was a guy he was at school with told me and he may have been laying it on. Can't say it's ever kept me up at night wondering.

I heard it was from school days too LK, something to do with his fondness of letting go when he should have hit the hold button!
ken2mj
Novice

Post by ken2mj »

One that had me laughing earlier in the season, he got a little excited:

'Out to Bowe'

*Tommy dances through a tackle and breaks the gain line*

'THOMAS BOWE!'
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Or maybe it came from his time playing for Kings Scholars and if he got a cut he never stopped bleeding, but hey work away guys :fleg:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Did you play with K S Kofi?

So you did ask the question that you knew the answer to? Very good. That kept me up last night wondering about it.............
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I remember mentioning is penchant for school related banter - who went where on here about 4 weeks ago, and he seemed to pipe down about that.

Hope we haven't ruined the man
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Li'am alone ... he does a grand job ... many's a year I sheltered from the winds and rain when it was baltic under Gushers wee Wooden Hut.

Carry on Jim.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Russ wrote:I remember mentioning is penchant for school related banter - who went where on here about 4 weeks ago, and he seemed to pipe down about that.

Can't see it Russ, would take more than a bunch of keyboard warriors to change that man. He must have forgotten his big book of rugby family trees he's had on the go since Jackie Kyle was a nipper :lol:

Anybody know if he ever practiced the art of the pugilist?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He taught at Boys Model ... I'd have thougt that was a given!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

stickinout wrote:
Russ wrote:I remember mentioning is penchant for school related banter - who went where on here about 4 weeks ago, and he seemed to pipe down about that.

Can't see it Russ, would take more than a bunch of keyboard warriors to change that man. He must have forgotten his big book of rugby family trees he's had on the go since Jackie Kyle was a nipper :lol:

Was it Thornley or Farrelly who complained about the "abuse" he got on messageboards?

Gusher's the kind of man who would take it on the chin, then reference how Tommy Bowe's brother used to play for Royal School Armagh and Tommy used t go every Saturday morning, rain hail or shine
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Russ wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Was it Thornley or Farrelly who complained about the "abuse" he got on messageboards?

Gusher's the kind of man who would take it on the chin, then reference how Tommy Bowe's brother used to play for Royal School Armagh and Tommy used t go every Saturday morning, rain hail or shine
Indeed Gusher would!

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure they look if they hear on the grapevine they're being bitched about. I just think our Jim is made of sterner stuff than those southern shandy drinking journos and he'd take it on the chin. Thornley was on Sportstalk last night saying ROG had a great game and it was the rest of Munster that didn't show up last weekend. Still can't figure that one out.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I heard a distant rumour that Big Hugh is in a bad way after getting a hail of abuse for his attempts at journalism ... sad that ... if true.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:I heard a distant rumour that Big Hugh is in a bad way after getting a hail of abuse for his attempts at journalism ... sad that ... if true.
I remember reading some massive rant of his in the Indo about keyboard warriors.

Well Hugh, look where it got you!