ny and all to do with skules

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Schools Cup 2016

Post by Russ »

pwrmoore wrote:
Russ wrote:Portora won something ...
Of course! A pity it wasn't the real thing but I doubt we'll ever increase our 6 outright and one shared championship, it's so much more difficult now for the smaller schools. How are Banbridge doing? I couldn't find them on the winners list Image Image
They won this year too

Everyone's a winner apart from Dromore Youth set up which is royally fecked over
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

It used to be that the Schools Rugby, rented ravers it was like 500 for the day, and that covered all costs, they then pocked all the money to run schools rugby. I would say running costs are a lot more as it has all this security staff to look after the poor darlings, especially the ruffians from Instonians, balls instonians I say.

I assume that the schools still get a large percentage of the gate to pay for running schools rugby.

Is it on TV. Would love to go, but the days of going with a few tinnies after lunch in the Rosey are long gone and it's now too risky , Feçk could you imagine the outrage on Bakebook , sipping from a tin of Kestrel with a bunch of schoolies in the shot.

I shall watch it from the comfort of ones TV room with a few beers after the schools GAA thingy, parity and all that.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
fuzzylogic
Lord Chancellor

Post by fuzzylogic »

Leinster Schools Cup Final, RDS, 13/03.16 - All tickets 10 yoyos.
Mary had a little lamb . . .
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Of course! A pity it wasn't the real thing but I doubt we'll ever increase our 6 outright and one shared championship, it's so much more difficult now for the smaller schools. How are Banbridge doing? I couldn't find them on the winners list Image Image
They won this year too

Everyone's a winner apart from Dromore Youth set up which is royally fecked over
Bowl, plate, trophy or eggcup?

I take it the High School trophy is still not played at Ravers. It really should be. They could ditch the subsidiary shield or the Medallion final. Most of those anklebiters will get another chance anyway.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I take it the High School trophy is still not played at Ravers. It really should be. They could ditch the subsidiary shield or the Medallion final. Most of those anklebiters will get another chance anyway.
Why should it be played at Ravers but more importantly why are the School Cup Semis played at Ravers.

The Ravenhilll Cup is played in a field with several sheep running free as the pitch is over used :scratch: yes it is if you play two semis over two days for a bunch of spoilt rats not to mention a bunch of U16s
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

They had the final at the dub a few years ago, which would be better for the Medallion teams plus the pitch is far better than the feckin sandbox at ravenhill
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
They won this year too

Bowl, plate, trophy or eggcup?

Trophy

Beat belfast high
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Why should it be played at Ravers but more importantly why are the School Cup Semis played at Ravers.

The Ravenhilll Cup is played in a field with several sheep running free as the pitch is over used :scratch: yes it is if you play two semis over two days for a bunch of spoilt rats not to mention a bunch of U16s
That's a good point. They should be first for the axe. A lot of the kids at MCB and Inst can't even be ar$ed going to the semis.

To be fair, the pitch seems in very good nick this year.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nobody told me Daniel Soper was coaching Inst

May need to change my tune
Blow in
Novice

Post by Blow in »

big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

That's a good point. They should be first for the axe. A lot of the kids at MCB and Inst can't even be ar$ed going to the semis.

Not sure about RBAI but there's a good reason no-one from MCB went to either semi final :lol: :lol:
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Russ wrote:Nobody told me Daniel Soper was coaching Inst

Last year's news.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tazz #15 wrote:
Russ wrote:Nobody told me Daniel Soper was coaching Inst

Last year's news.

It is?
Tazz #15
Initiate

Post by Tazz #15 »

Yes.

ChuckleBrothers
Novice

Post by ChuckleBrothers »

big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

The pitch at Ravenhill this year once again is a sandpit...I don't disagree that the semis shouldn't be played there, but it gives the Branch another opportunity to stroke supporters and charge a tenner.
The pitch at the Dub for the Medallion final in 2014 was bone dry and had a severe lack of grass...
Everyone knows where the best playing surface in Ulster Rugby is...but you couldn't hold a major final there.
Jockster
Squire

Post by Jockster »

ChuckleBrothers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:

The pitch at Ravenhill this year once again is a sandpit...I don't disagree that the semis shouldn't be played there, but it gives the Branch another opportunity to stroke supporters and charge a tenner.
The pitch at the Dub for the Medallion final in 2014 was bone dry and had a severe lack of grass...
Everyone knows where the best playing surface in Ulster Rugby is...but you couldn't hold a major final there.
BRA