A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by bazzaj »

Oh it is the same Norman right enough.
We sometimes link up when I'm back and discuss our views over an ice cream whilst riding the pickle puffer.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

bazzaj wrote: whilst riding the pickle puffer.
That has to be a euphemism.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Oi, Shan are you there. I was watching the news and up pops Gerard Adams, batin' intil the Teashop for his remarks on Gerard's Nordie puppet, Blondie O'Neill.

Gerard harangued the Teashop but suddenly launched into, I assume Irish, it sounded like he said, that the 70% of nationalists were "geroid na farag" with the Teashop.

Any idea what the greybeard loon was rambling about?

I think he was trying to say that 70 percent of Nordie Nats support O'Neill because they voted SF. Presumably that means he believes most nats want direct rule. He is a clown and should have stayed in NI where he'd be more at home in the tribal nonsense that passes for county council politics.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Oi, Shan are you there. I was watching the news and up pops Gerard Adams, batin' intil the Teashop for his remarks on Gerard's Nordie puppet, Blondie O'Neill.

Gerard harangued the Teashop but suddenly launched into, I assume Irish, it sounded like he said, that the 70% of nationalists were "geroid na farag" with the Teashop.

Any idea what the greybeard loon was rambling about?

I think he was trying to say that 70 percent of Nordie Nats support O'Neill because they voted SF. Presumably that means he believes most nats want direct rule. He is a clown and should have stayed in NI where he'd be more at home in the tribal nonsense that passes for county council politics.
No no no, I know all that, it's the bit inside the "...." I'm talking about, what did he say in what I assume was his best gutteral hacking & spitting, aka an Ghaeilge
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Ah sorry. I didn't hear it but it could be 'na farraige' which would be 'the sea' but I can't make out what the first word might be. His Irish is bad Ulster Irish anyway so you couldn't be sure.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Twas funny in that he was in full flow but did look briefly down at his notes JUST before he uttered whatever it was he spake in his best Ulster Garlic. :roll:

Even better was that he chastised the Teashop for undermining Michelle without realising the irony because that is grey beard's own role.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Jizzer, I'll be sure to pass that on at the next meeting for guys and gals who are as gay as the next man. Admittedly it sounds catchy - DUP friends of the Gayberts, vote for us and you'll never have to listen to a whinging mother-in-law.

Thing is, I had an excellent MA IN LAW, I think in general that they get a bum rap. Nah, forget it, I'll just take marriage equality, thanks. :thumleft:

You have the old Rose tinted glasses on about NI Jizzer, still has vast tracts terrorised by scumbag paramilitaries, still has people being scared out of there houses still has dickheads running the place..... or currently not, and just so you know, has one young Ballymena centre who was banned for 6 months for call a ref a fenian yet still has pulled on an Ulster shirt.

I could go on but your not a dummy, you get the point.
I do pal but careful your not doing the same with Spain Bagster and I'll wager I have a darn sight more experience of Northern Ireland than you have out there.

About gay marriage joking asides I think these guys need to be careful when they do enter into it or they eventually get what they wish for here.
Some will marry only as it's their right and enter into it for the wrong reasons.

Then reality kicks in when half their assets are stripped by a person who they probably forget why and how they could ever stand to be in the same room as.
That's the flip side and it isn't always a bed of roses or some utopia.
Its tough particularly for younger people with all the pressures of modern life.

As for mothers in laws- swap?
Even cancer is scared of mine.
Boom boom Bernard.

Jizzer, it's possibly against my normal insistence on exemplary manners but I'll ask you anyway? Have you had an exceptionally acrimonious break-up?

I have to tell you Jizzer, but opinions formed on anything from one or a few personal experiences rarely if ever make for a generalising which can be held up as reflective of norms.

In my family, on my side of things, I know of no breakups going back at least 3 generations, on Mr's T's only one, so whilst I realise we are possibly atypical we are a glowing recommendation for the fact that marriage, and I assume civil partnerships, is more stable than a mere relationship no matter how committed.

No matter how bad divorce stats are I understand that what I've said above is supported by statistics.

As for Spain Jizzer, I have my eyes wide open, I've had a house there for 9 years, I have travelled to most of the major cities, quite a few smaller ones and a brave few villages forbye. I have yet to see any hint of widespread "spidedom", though of course, it is not a land of milk & honey. I know my local towns very well and there is not one part of them I would have any concern about being at any time day or night and I can't say that about Bangor.

Some people naively ask me if I think I will ever be back, the answer is for as little time as it takes to see family & friends, now and again.

Anyway, enough of me, albeit I'm my favourite subject >EW , back to politics.

I see the outrageous liar Newton has said he refutes all claims, despite the BBC providing consistent written evidence that he is more than a casual advisor of Charter NI and says he won't seek re-election as speaker. I'd have found that satisfactory if he'd left off "as speaker". Then again, DUPers are shameless sponges of public money, this particular one kept it in the family and employed wife, son & daughter, I'll bet they didn't use a time clock.
Just read an article in the guardian that Belfast and the Causeway coast has been named by Lonely Planet as the top region to visit in 2018.
Alaska home to the polar bears was second.
The Japanese, French, Italians, came close but no cigar.
Spanish didn't feature.
Have some of that Bagster!
No idea what Lonely planet is btw but I'll take that.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Ah sorry. I didn't hear it but it could be 'na farraige' which would be 'the sea' but I can't make out what the first word might be. His Irish is bad Ulster Irish anyway so you couldn't be sure.
Well, I think we can safely assume then that he said something along the lines of "Teashop 70% of Nationalists voted Shinner and want your help in having all prods driven into the sea".

Cheers Shan, thanks for clearing that up. I had wondered was he cussin'out Nigel Farage. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote: Just read an article in the guardian that Belfast and the Causeway coast has been named by Lonely Planet as the top region to visit in 2018.
Alaska home to the polar bears was second.
The Japanese, French, Italians, came close but no cigar.
Spanish didn't feature.
Have some of that Bagster!
No idea what Lonely planet is btw but I'll take that.
Lonely Planet is a tourist reference book Jizzer, one of several and if I'm not mistaken it is primarily targeted at de yutes, stoodents, backpackers and sundry riff-raff who create unpleasant smells in train carriages, almost as bad as pi$h'soaked pensioners.

Of course, the truth is I am blind to the attractions of Belfast, particularly nightlife which, given I've never been one to wear a shirt open to the navel and sport some bling on a chain trying to pull some married 30 something, is of no interest to me whatsoever. Neither would I be thrilled at a black taxi ride around the Falls & Shankill hearing about the deads of terrorist muthafukkas.

The Giant's Causeway is a sight to see, no question, but there was a survey of ROI citizens published with a day or two of the Lonely Planet garbage that suggested most Romans think the GC is the greatest letdown they've seen for a Wonder of the World. Matching my own summation, worth seeing, not worth travelling to see, to wit, if you are going on a douter round the North Coast, don't miss it as part of a wider trip, but don't go on a day trip til it.

As for the omission of Spain, as my ould grandfather always said, "paper doesn't refuse ink".

IN terms of Unesco World Heritage Sites, Italy has most, almost exclusively thanks to the Roman Catholic Church, China second, Spain third with 44, more than France & Germany combined. Northern Ireland has one, the GC. The Republic has 2, The Bend in the Boyne aka Newgrange & Skellig Michael.

Safe to say, I won't be missing much Jizzer, just some people, indeed I look forward to spending a lot of time all over Spain, if I'm to be a citizen I think I should get to know the country, however Barcelona remains on my shitlist. >EW
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As I finished I see Belfast & Causeway Coast is named as a region, the top city to visit, again according to Lonely Planet, is Sevilla. Now that makes more sense, it's a beautiful city with a huge amount to see & do.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Been to Sevilla Baggy and the temperatures there reached 40 degrees c
Given the known melting point of an Ulsterman is of course 32 degrees I was bang in trouble and no amount of pretty churches, bull abuse or orange trees compensated.
As for Barcelona keep your eye on your wallet literally.
However the McDonald's there served the biggest big macs ever I'll give it that.

Judith Charmers eat your heart out.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

bazzaj wrote:Been to Sevilla Baggy and the temperatures there reached 40 degrees c
Given the known melting point of an Ulsterman is of course 32 degrees I was bang in trouble and no amount of pretty churches, bull abuse or orange trees compensated.
However the McDonald's there served the biggest big macs ever I'll give it that.

Why would you ever go into a mcdonalds? Especially somewhere with fabulous local cuisine :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I went into a McDonald's in Munich. Bought a beer and left. Just because I can.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:I went into a McDonald's in Munich. Bought a beer and left. Just because I can.
Headed to Munich in a few weeks

Yormas will be destroyed for sausage and beer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:
bazzaj wrote:Been to Sevilla Baggy and the temperatures there reached 40 degrees c

Why would you ever go into a mcdonalds? Especially somewhere with fabulous local cuisine :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
When it is above 32 degrees Celsius or you have a serious hangover? For a milkshake!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk