KISS OUT

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

KISS OUT

Post by nonplussed »

We're a shyt outfit run by a bunch of amateurs....

The annual complaint, yet supporters truck up week in week out, wave their wee flags, wonder where David Humphreys is and catch up with their work colleagues.

Ravenhill is a sanitised stadium where ye can go for an average pint with a back drop of rugby.... nothing. I advise supporters to stop caring, the players and the club have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: KISS OUT

Post by damianmcr »

But we have a bar for fizzy wine
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You know what? I'm a little tired of the "we have no pack mantra". Of course, they are not a great pack, but with the exceptions of Rory, Hendy, and Diack, were not to blame today, the pack produced enough ball to win three matches today, even with a dodgy set piece in which the lineout was just horrible.

Many here started the season saying what a great backline we have and a crap pack. Most have never let the scales fall from their eyes. The pack have their obvious weaknesses but they have in most games provided enough ball............if we actually had a great backline.

Our backs have foundered in the centres all year but still every bloody week we've had Luke with either McCloskey or Olding. No wonder the wingers have been frustrated all year. Can anyone remember a single game against a decent side when the backline has functioned?

Me neither.
Take your point about enough ball baggy, but it is the quality of it that makes a difference to a backline (when they don't knock it on or feck it up). Far too often our 9 is digging the ball out between legs or fighting to release it from under a player. That comes from forwards winning the physical battle to get in the right shape to present the ball and the support players hammering the opposition to ensure it is clean. We just don't do that enough. This means the next attack is static and a sitting duck for the defence. Leinster are far and away the best in the league at this and every player does it well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
And likewise, I accept your point too and don't argue it in the slightest, my point is simply that very many appear to have the blinkers on the pack are crap and the backs worldbeaters. That is nonsense, neither are great neither are entirely hopeless. I would just add that we actually made in excess of 700 metres ball in hand yesterday and that is a figure I don't think we've hit too many times this season. That suggests enough decent ball to have done a lot more than score a try when the game was dead.

I expect serious improvement next season up front - if Marcell & Arno can manage to stay remotely fit. I also believe that there is more in the current forwards than we are seeing. It doesn;t help that Clarke has been mainly a spectator and Kiss is calling every shot. He has feck all forward coaching credits that I know of.

Simply put I expect the 3 Saffers and Gibbes to make a marked difference, especially Gibbes. Pie in the sky perhaps but I also hope that Gibbes can do something with the lads that Kiss doesn't trust in the academy. He almost certainly will be good for the likes of O'Connor, Treadwell, Ross and above all Reidy who should now be acknowledged as nailed on starter of the current back row.

None of this gets away from the loss of Pienaar and the impact that is likely to have but, if you search for any silver lining, he is still quality but is on the downward slope.

Sadly I can't see UR doing the right thing and getting shot of D4's plant at Ulster, he is a dead man walking but won;t be despatched early enough to save next season.

Right, I'm off to renew my season ticket. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:You know what? I'm a little tired of the "we have no pack mantra". Of course, they are not a great pack, but with the exceptions of Rory, Hendy, and Diack, were not to blame today, the pack produced enough ball to win three matches today, even with a dodgy set piece in which the lineout was just horrible.

Many here started the season saying what a great backline we have and a crap pack. Most have never let the scales fall from their eyes. The pack have their obvious weaknesses but they have in most games provided enough ball............if we actually had a great backline.

Our backs have foundered in the centres all year but still every bloody week we've had Luke with either McCloskey or Olding. No wonder the wingers have been frustrated all year. Can anyone remember a single game against a decent side when the backline has functioned?

Me neither.
Take your point about enough ball baggy, but it is the quality of it that makes a difference to a backline (when they don't knock it on or feck it up). Far too often our 9 is digging the ball out between legs or fighting to release it from under a player. That comes from forwards winning the physical battle to get in the right shape to present the ball and the support players hammering the opposition to ensure it is clean. We just don't do that enough. This means the next attack is static and a sitting duck for the defence. Leinster are far and away the best in the league at this and every player does it well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
And likewise, I accept your point too and don't argue it in the slightest, my point is simply that very many appear to have the blinkers on the pack are crap and the backs worldbeaters. That is nonsense, neither are great neither are entirely hopeless. I would just add that we actually made in excess of 700 metres ball in hand yesterday and that is a figure I don't think we've hit too many times this season. That suggests enough decent ball to have done a lot more than score a try when the game was dead.

I expect serious improvement next season up front - if Marcell & Arno can manage to stay remotely fit. I also believe that there is more in the current forwards than we are seeing. It doesn;t help that Clarke has been mainly a spectator and Kiss is calling every shot. He has feck all forward coaching credits that I know of.

Simply put I expect the 3 Saffers and Gibbes to make a marked difference, especially Gibbes. Pie in the sky perhaps but I also hope that Gibbes can do something with the lads that Kiss doesn't trust in the academy. He almost certainly will be good for the likes of O'Connor, Treadwell, Ross and above all Reidy who should now be acknowledged as nailed on starter of the current back row.

None of this gets away from the loss of Pienaar and the impact that is likely to have but, if you search for any silver lining, he is still quality but is on the downward slope.

Sadly I can't see UR doing the right thing and getting shot of D4's plant at Ulster, he is a dead man walking but won;t be despatched early enough to save next season.

Right, I'm off to renew my season ticket. >EW
Only coaching credentials Kiss has is defence coach and that was a laugh all season
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Maybe our pack could all carry those little Ulster Rugby cushions, which the shop sells and at every breakdown they could give the ball a quick wipe, before presenting it to the SH so he doesn't have to 'dig it out'!
It's obvious to everyone Kiss hasn't a scooby what he's doing and our players have no respect for him, which is probably what Rory hinted at last month. UR is stuck in the past and need to catch on to the requirements of a professional club.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Kiss will be DOR in 17-18 with his own coaching team.
We'll see how that goes and if it's still shoite at Christmas we can shout.
Them's the facts.
There can be only one
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Hi Les
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:Kiss will be DOR in 17-18 with his own coaching team.
Them's the facts.
Like to think he will be kicked out the gate before Christmas if we are still shoite
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Them's the facts.
You have to provide more detail here. You are basically implying that the director of rugby is not at blame because of the coaches under him. If that is what you believe and you can articulate your rationale then please do so.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Neil F wrote:
HammerTime wrote:As for Kiss, his ever growing list of absolutely ridiculous decisions has possibly cost the career of Stuart Olding although I hope to God not.
Look, I'm no great fan of Kiss based on what we've seen this season but how the feck is he responsible for Olding's injury? By bringing him onto the pitch? Literally the most ridiculous thing ever said on this forum and when the forum contains Rum 'n and Russ, you know that's saying something...
I hoped even the retards could read between the lines but obviously not. Of course he isn't responsible. What he is responsible for is on the face of it, another ridiculous decision in bringing McCloskey off after 50 mins when he was our only possibility of penetrating the Ospreys backline. Olding, lets be honest, has been pure muck all season and the look of disgust and shake of the head from Big Stu would suggest that there was nothing wrong with him going off which is contrary to the line Kiss put out that he had a dead leg. I'll stand corrected if that was indeed the case but it didn't look like it. If that is Oldings 3rd cruciate then fair play to him if he gets back to any decent level of professional rugby that he was once capable of.
Hapax Legomenon
Novice

Post by Hapax Legomenon »

Dave wrote:
Them's the facts.
You have to provide more detail here. You are basically implying that the director of rugby is not at blame because of the coaches under him. If that is what you believe and you can articulate your rationale then please do so.
How do you work that out? :scratch: I make no such implication. Just stating a few facts.
There can be only one
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

HammerTime wrote:
Neil F wrote:
HammerTime wrote:As for Kiss, his ever growing list of absolutely ridiculous decisions has possibly cost the career of Stuart Olding although I hope to God not.
Look, I'm no great fan of Kiss based on what we've seen this season but how the feck is he responsible for Olding's injury? By bringing him onto the pitch? Literally the most ridiculous thing ever said on this forum and when the forum contains Rum 'n and Russ, you know that's saying something...
I hoped even the retards could read between the lines but obviously not. Of course he isn't responsible. What he is responsible for is on the face of it, another ridiculous decision in bringing McCloskey off after 50 mins when he was our only possibility of penetrating the Ospreys backline. Olding, lets be honest, has been pure muck all season and the look of disgust and shake of the head from Big Stu would suggest that there was nothing wrong with him going off which is contrary to the line Kiss put out that he had a dead leg. I'll stand corrected if that was indeed the case but it didn't look like it. If that is Oldings 3rd cruciate then fair play to him if he gets back to any decent level of professional rugby that he was once capable of.
Or the shake of the head was beacuse he was disappointed that he'd picked up a knock again?

I don't think Olding has a cruciate ligament in his ankle btw.

If that is Olding's
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

damianmcr wrote:But we have a bar for fizzy wine
I now enjoy nothing more than meeting new business colleagues, sipping a few glass of fizzy wine with their lovely fillies and chatting about whether John Lewis will be in Lisburn or Belfast before the game. For me it beats having to listen to that shyte band, watch shyte rugby on the pitch and I can at least avoid some of the common folk that talk all that serious rugby shyte.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Them's the facts.
So you really can't read?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Hapax Legomenon wrote:
Dave wrote:
Them's the facts.
How do you work that out? :scratch: I make no such implication. Just stating a few facts.
Actually, you are leaving out more than a few facts. This year has been The Les Kiss Show, almost all his own work as he sidelines everyone else. That my friend is a bankable fact. The fact that he has lost the players is also a fact, his continued presence will only inflict more damage.

Still D4 like having him here serving their interests which seldom mesh with Ulster's. That too is a fact.