RBS 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by Shan »

Don't know what Joe is thinking with only 15 from Leinster named. Has he forgotten he needs 23 players for a matchday squad.

All the guys who have been performing well have been named as far as I can see.

Backrow selections will be debated like mad, especially in Leinster and Munster.

Second row will generate some energy across the island. Who will be selected to start with Toner.

Front row is done and dusted except for reserve hooker. Will it be Tracy or Scannell.

Marmion and Jackson almost certain to be reserve halves.

Henshaw / Ringrose easy one.

The main question in the back 3 is if Kearney will be selected. I suspect Joe will stick with him even though there is no reason to. I believe he will select Trimble leaving Earls and Zebo fighting it out to see who starts and who is on the bench. Unless Joe fools everyone and decides that we are not likely to face anybody with as much pace as Madigan on the wing in any 6n team. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:
Bobby D is definitely not the worst forward to play for Ulster this year .
That's true which unfortunately says a lot more than you may have intended.

Thankfully this thread is about Ireland so we should mostly be talking about top level players.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

But Shan I would still take the Ulster back line before Munsters even with a couple of wings in need of a serious decarb and a new timing chain .

( note Murray is excluded from the assessment)

Included in the Ireland squad are a few who shouldn't be there some because age is starting to get to them and a couple are too injury prone to be worth the risk .

There is a least one Leinster wing if he had one more years experience at Pro 12 would definitely be there .

Unfortunately ability doesn't make up for insufficient experience these days in years gone by a coach or selectors would have taken the risk but with salaries and reputations on the line, experience counts .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

rumncoke wrote:But Shan I would still take the Ulster back line before Munsters even with a couple of wings in need of a serious decarb and a new timing chain .

( note Murray is excluded from the assessment)

Not sure of the relevance of this comment Rum. The Munster backline won't be playing for Ireland. I suspect in the 23 there will be 3 Munster backs and 2 Ulster backs. Probably one too many from each on this season's form. Jackson, Zebo, Murray the only ones there on recent performance.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Belfast barman James Jones has warned today that fat guys who played rugby once in college will more than likely talk absolute brad pitt for the next six weeks due to the televising of the Six Nations.

The 37-year-old bar manager stated that hundreds of over-weight men wearing tight fitting rugby jerseys with collars erect are due to flood city bars and clubs across the country over the duration of the championship, which kicks off this Friday.

“I tried to get a few weeks off work, but then I realised this crap was on,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, I like rugby. It’s just the fat morons who shout at the screen that wreck my head. Most of whom will drink only ‘Hino’ or Guinness, cause well, that’s what they’re meant to drink.”

Mr. Jones added that most of the rugby fans he has encountered have always the same old rugby story to tell.

“Christ, if I hear one more school or college rugby story I’ll shoot myself,” he explained. “It always starts the same: ‘When I was playing for the school I was positioned.. bla-bla-feck-blah.

“Then it usually ends with the guy, who had it all, in tears telling everyone about his horrific knee injury that ‘ruined his career’, which obviously explains why he’s such a fat Warren Gatland now drinking Heineken at the bar.

“It’s the incessant shouting at the TV that really cramps my balls. Seriously, shouting drunk at a TV in a pub miles and miles away from the game is not going to change anything. It’s like they’re all trying to out-shout one another. Who can say random sports brad pitt the loudest?”

“Pass it! He should have ran with it, stick it up his hole!”

The father-of-two also warned fellow bar staff to be extra careful when pulling a pint of Guinness as rugby fans are renowned pint connoisseur’s.

He concluded: “I urge pint pullers across the country to put that extra effort in when pouring the black stuff as these guys are professionals – not only on the game itself – but also on how to pour a pint of Guinness. They know more than you do about it.

The Six Nations will start on the 6th of Feb and will run over six weeks to the 21st of March.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

66500153.jpg
66500153.jpg (32.04 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Kofi Annan wrote:Belfast barman James Jones has warned today that fat guys who played rugby once in college will more than likely talk absolute brad pitt for the next six weeks due to the televising of the Six Nations.

The 37-year-old bar manager stated that hundreds of over-weight men wearing tight fitting rugby jerseys with collars erect are due to flood city bars and clubs across the country over the duration of the championship, which kicks off this Friday.

“I tried to get a few weeks off work, but then I realised this crap was on,” he said. “Don’t get me wrong, I like rugby. It’s just the fat morons who shout at the screen that wreck my head. Most of whom will drink only ‘Hino’ or Guinness, cause well, that’s what they’re meant to drink.”

Mr. Jones added that most of the rugby fans he has encountered have always the same old rugby story to tell.

“Christ, if I hear one more school or college rugby story I’ll shoot myself,” he explained. “It always starts the same: ‘When I was playing for the school I was positioned.. bla-bla-feck-blah.

“Then it usually ends with the guy, who had it all, in tears telling everyone about his horrific knee injury that ‘ruined his career’, which obviously explains why he’s such a fat Warren Gatland now drinking Heineken at the bar.

“It’s the incessant shouting at the TV that really cramps my balls. Seriously, shouting drunk at a TV in a pub miles and miles away from the game is not going to change anything. It’s like they’re all trying to out-shout one another. Who can say random sports brad pitt the loudest?”

“Pass it! He should have ran with it, stick it up his hole!”

The father-of-two also warned fellow bar staff to be extra careful when pulling a pint of Guinness as rugby fans are renowned pint connoisseur’s.

He concluded: “I urge pint pullers across the country to put that extra effort in when pouring the black stuff as these guys are professionals – not only on the game itself – but also on how to pour a pint of Guinness. They know more than you do about it.

The Six Nations will start on the 6th of Feb and will run over six weeks to the 21st of March.
Sounds frighteningly like this forum.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

I believe Russ has a 2010 Knutty Krust winners medal, he did not actually play in the final as he tore a hamstring the year before, but his mate wore his boots.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:I believe Russ has a 2010 Knutty Krust winners medal, he did not actually play in the final as he tore a hamstring the year before, but his mate wore his boots.
My coaching achievements far outstrip my playing achievements

That Medallion shield though

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Russ wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:I believe Russ has a 2010 Knutty Krust winners medal, he did not actually play in the final as he tore a hamstring the year before, but his mate wore his boots.

Are you really good at going places on the bus Russ?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:

He has his HGV license.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:

He has his HGV license.
Russ is the big licence? :shock:
rorybestsbigbaldnoggin
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rorybestsbigbaldnoggin »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote:

He has his HGV license.
He's a big license
It's the hope that kills you.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

rorybestsbigbaldnoggin wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Russ wrote: My coaching achievements far outstrip my playing achievements

He has his HGV license.
He's a big license
Not sure the syllable 'cense' is appropriate in that context.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

It's okay. Shinnerboots has been given a newspaper column