Graces Strikes Again!

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Graces Strikes Again!

Post by bazzaj »

Quite right.
I also remember Rolland sending off Warburton in a world cup semi which he accepted with good grace.
We were all told it was to the letter of the law regardless of occasion or empathy for the game.
Months later an All Black does the same to a Saffer with the same ref and its not even a card just a penalty.
Its the inconsistencies that drive you mad and these so called high level refs are utterly clueless in their application of the laws across the board.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Wasps flanker Ashley Johnson has been suspended for three weeks for tackling Leinster winger Dave Kearney in the air in a European Champions Cup fixture.

The 28-year-old saw a yellow card for the first-minute incident in Saturday's 20-20 draw at the Ricoh Arena.

The judicial officer said the offence against Kearney, who was replaced in the fourth minute, warranted a red.

Johnson's guilty plea, remorse, good conduct in the hearing and clean record saw the ban reduced from six weeks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31008236
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

With confirmation - not that it was needed - that it was a red card offence it has to be said that had Garces done his job, Leinster, with a TBP, would have been 2nd seeds and Quins qualifiers rather than the much hated Wasps.

Big consequences for teams not even in the match when a clampit like Garces screws up. Frankly when he issued a yellow I very much wanted to punch him flush in his bake. :oops:

Still and all nothing will ever change the fact that Jihad was a dumbass & sold the farm on 5th April 2014. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy BullSh't? Graces failed this time round because he got it wrong with Payne and ruined the game .
He actually got it right this time round . By allowing the panel to define the punishment without ruining the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy BullSh't? Graces failed this time round because he got it wrong with Payne and ruined the game .
He actually got it right this time round . By allowing the panel to define the punishment without ruining the game

Guff

You cannot take someone out in the air

Red card
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:With confirmation - not that it was needed - that it was a red card offence it has to be said that had Garces done his job, Leinster, with a TBP, would have been 2nd seeds and Quins qualifiers rather than the much hated Wasps.

Big consequences for teams not even in the match when a clampit like Garces screws up. Frankly when he issued a yellow I very much wanted to punch him flush in his bake. :oops:

Still and all nothing will ever change the fact that Jihad was a dumbass & sold the farm on 5th April 2014. :roll:
Makes a change from shooting, eh Baggers.
Johnson deserves a much longer ban for having the fattest aarse in top flight rugby. A short back-and-sides should also be an appropriate sanction. The bowling ball does not even see who he's about to hit.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Graces Strikes Again!

Post by rumncoke »

There are times when things are not so black and white and the Laws are written with Discretion . A red card assumes intent to harm sometimes it is a matter of minor miss timing a player is tackled in the air and brought safely to ground by the way some in this board look at it that's a red card .

An early offence should be looked at less harshly because players have adjust to the pace and other factors which may lead to misjudgements and unintentional offences
Which leads to conclude he got it right if a panel considers it merits further punishment that is their function the ref is there to ensure a fair game not act as judge and jury .
While I have always said Payne did not commit an offence by blindly adhering to illogical rules he compounded his mistake because all he looked at was how the player fell instead of why he fell

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:There are times when things are not so black and white and the Laws are written with Discretion . A red card assumes intent to harm sometimes it is a matter of minor miss timing a player is tackled in the air and brought safely to ground by the way some in this board look at it that's a red card .

An early offence should be looked at less harshly because players have adjust to the pace and other factors which may lead to misjudgements and unintentional offences
Which leads to conclude he got it right if a panel considers it merits further punishment that is their function the ref is there to ensure a fair game not act as judge and jury .
While I have always said Payne did not commit an offence by blindly adhering to illogical rules he compounded his mistake because all he looked at was how the player fell instead of why he fell

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy BullSh't? Graces failed this time round because he got it wrong with Payne and ruined the game .

>flog >flog >flog
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:There are times when things are not so black and white and the Laws are written with Discretion . A red card assumes intent to harm sometimes it is a matter of minor miss timing a player is tackled in the air and brought safely to ground by the way some in this board look at it that's a red card .

>flog >flog >flog >flog >flog >flog
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Easy there, Snipe. Have you any diazepam in the house? Or, even better, a bottle of Bush? :lol:
Bo***cks to Brexit
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rocky wrote:Easy there, Snipe. Have you any diazepam in the house? Or, even better, a bottle of Bush? :lol:
Even better, wash the diazepam down with the Bush and float around in another world for a while
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

He's reffing the Wales v England game. George North took a kick to the head, full wack. It was accidental but in his book I didn't think that mattered? It was definitely dangerous play.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Are you 100 % sure it was accidental if not 100% sure it was intentional then it should be a yellow.

Snipe I'm not the one beating the dead horse I have been consistent and consistently right !!!!!!

Graces got it right this time as did the panel what the panel could not reverse the decision of a referee it can augment but not reverse
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

rumncoke wrote:Are you 100 % sure it was accidental if not 100% sure it was intentional then it should be a yellow.

Snipe I'm not the one beating the dead horse I have been consistent and consistently right !!!!!!

Graces got it right this time as did the panel what the panel could not reverse the decision of a referee it can augment but not reverse
What?