Ask Anscombe

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ask Anscombe

Post by Rooster »

Once a Knight wrote:
Rooster wrote: Easy to sort, give Payne a boot up the hole and tell him who pays the wages and he will play where he is told,
Ah, but I think you will find as of the start of the 14/15 season young master Payne is paid centrally by the IRFU.
You may have a point there but that is still not for Payne to decide that he will only play 13, next thing you know he won't want to play on a wet night or one where the temperature is going to be below 12C or humidity above 75% :roll:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Once a Knight wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Duckjnr wrote:Context of pitching being crap? Blamed in terms of some of the injuries we've picked up?
Trying to think which players have actually been injured at Ravenhill that could have been a result of the pitch and the only one I can think is possibly Callum Black ?
Best did his ankle as well. Blacks appeared to stick in the turf as the drive came through the scrum.
Very hard to say that Bests was due to the pitch as was it not near perfect conditions for the Sarries match ?

Macklin and Olding did their knees at Deramore, Paddy Mac and Paddy W were hamstring problems on other pitches as well
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Three ankle sprains mentioned as arguably down to the crap pitch - Rory, Robbie and Callum
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Once a Knight wrote:If we go on and win the Rabo it will do nothing more than paper over the cracks. This is the best Ulster Squad ever assembled and I think many of the performances this season have been less than the sum of the parts.
Mark seemed to say that if we go on and win the Rabo, it will show that all is well and that this campaign has been a success.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

But Mark says HE wants Windy at 13 too.

Agree about longer grass and free beer though.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Three ankle sprains mentioned as arguably down to the crap pitch - Rory, Robbie and Callum
Was dry when Rory and Robbie went down but was wet when Callum went down.
I still think the new groundsman cuts the grass too short as it looks more like a soccer pitch than a rugby pitch.
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Nearly forgot - he also insulted clowns.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Said it in the other thread but I'd like to hear Payne actually say that he only wants to play 13.

I'm fairly certain he's on record saying he was happy to play where he's needed and may switch inside when he starts 'slowing' up.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Nearly forgot - he also insulted clowns.
What about chubes ?
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:Nearly forgot - he also insulted clowns.
What about chubes ?
Pip has them

Sent from my Brennan
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

Rooster wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Duckjnr wrote:Context of pitching being crap? Blamed in terms of some of the injuries we've picked up?
Trying to think which players have actually been injured at Ravenhill that could have been a result of the pitch and the only one I can think is possibly Callum Black ?
Best did his ankle as well. Blacks appeared to stick in the turf as the drive came through the scrum.
Very hard to say that Bests was due to the pitch as was it not near perfect conditions for the Sarries match ?

Macklin and Olding did their knees at Deramore, Paddy Mac and Paddy W were hamstring problems on other pitches as well

Ah yes, forgot Ravens games aren't actually at Ravenhill, all a marketing ploy for ST's....
NS
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
Rooster wrote:
If you mean the current one nothing to do with the pitch, Rory already trapped, enter Burger second hit, ankle had to go somewhere as the rest of Rory went in a different direction. Not cynical, just the way it happened.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Three ankle sprains mentioned as arguably down to the crap pitch - Rory, Robbie and Callum
I saw Robbie injure himself and although this doesn't rule out pitch difficulties , like Rory it was in solid contact and I knew as soon as he was going down, very early in the Connacht match.

I'm not convinced the pitch had a part to play, then again, I'm no expert on fields,leave that to mountainy men.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Finally something in common with Maaaaaaak, I shoot clowns in the head.
clowndies.jpg
clowndies.jpg (9.78 KiB) Viewed 1588 times
As for Payne at 13 >denied
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Wee Woman wrote:
BR wrote:Payne only wants to play 13. Pitch is crap. Supporters are brill
Payne, seriously???

:scratch:
Maybe would have been better put as - "Payne wants to play 13 only" or "Payne wants to exclusively play 13". It would be unfair to suggest that there was a "or not at all" clause in the statement.
www.stoutboys.co.uk