Sing for It

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Colin - I agree entirely time will tell!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Colin- Capacity of the new Ravenhill will be 14,000 and consider that in the past few years only the Leicester game has sold out (bear in mind that was a Sunday and another discussion altogether).

What was made apparent was that the crowd may actually need to be significantly higher to warrent moving the game ie a figure of 18,000 was mentioned.

This could work on the basis that playing at a ground filled with 14,000 with no rental costs could outway playing at a 30,000 stadium with 16,000 given the cost to UR.

What was more than possible was that tickets would require to be increased in price to offset this imbalance so we would have to pay more for the pleasure.

We do however need to ensure that UR develop the stadium at Ravenhill to take us into the 21st century and that supporters are not sold short on what was proposed.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Colin - forgot to add that the petition will (unless there are changes) be available for signing at all home games to ensure that all that wish to have the opportunity.

For the record I can only speak for myself and that not one single person refused to sign it when presented with the opportunity. From subsequent conversation with the couple of others that assisted I would estimate no more than 2 people refused to sign it in total.

Colin you will already be aware that the online survey extended beyond the scope of views on stadium locations to other issues as well. If UR are happy to use the results and indeed make a change to the proposed plans then they must have taken it seriously.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

CT...thank you for your very informed and detailed reply. I was very interested to hear that at most 2 people refused to sign it and indeed the process will continue well into the new season. Looks like the numbers signing it may well become the majority after all and not just a sample albeit a very detailed sample.

Colin :twisted:
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

Awesome stats CT. 'I would estimate'!!!!!
What comfort can you draw from that Colin. In CT's opinion based on a couple of conversations? Game, Set and Match! I'm sure like all of you I for one am completely convinced.

I have never heard such utter cr*p!

Colin are you sure not a figment of CT's imagination? :wink:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

DB -bit confused maybe that high level education of yours is getting in the way of things.

If I plan to go out and collect signatures with 2-3 others then come back and have a 'conversation' with them about the reaction that they got then what is wrong with that.

DB you appear to assume that I have simply had some conversations with some strangers in passing rather than the planned effort that went into it before and after. I could maybe have called the 'conversations' something else to get across the point that people did spend time discussing the matter and hence how I know how many people refused the opportunity to sign.

Indeed the only thing that caught us by surprise was the fact that we asked so few to collect signatures.

The only one talking crap is youself DB but clearly this is one of the few issues about UR that you appear to comment on at least under Dead Ball.

Get past the petition it has nothing to do with you if don't want to be part of it.

As I have asked before what is your view on the new re-developed Ravenhill and what do you think of tghe chnages that UR made after listening the the supporters?

Or as you indicated elsewhere develop your opinion on why you feel that there is more than UB in the mix?
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

CT surely you can't want a constructive argument from yer man :P
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

I'm sure Colin will love being called a figment of somebody's imagination :)

DB , you are perfectly entitled to your opinion on the Maze stadium - go ahead and put your thoughts down on paper and send it to the URSC. Debate on this whole issue is to be encouraged. Just please accept that, after consulting its members, the URSC has openly taken a stance on the Maze which was reflected by the statement released on the URSC section of the UR site. It is up to you , if you wish, to attempt to persuade a majority of the membership to change their minds. If that becomes the case, then I assume the URSC Committee would have to reconsider its position.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Well I am glad to see DB get immersed with the spirit of discussion. I sometimes think I am just a figment of my own imagination...........

Colin :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

It would appear that DB has become very anti supporters club now actively encouraging members to withdraw. I would say that if things go ahead as planned that will be his loss. By the way I take it that you didn't renew your membership this year with your season ticket application?

Surprised that the URSC told this learned gentleman not to bother sending in his opinion for publishing? You have been outspoken on the Maze all along without ever giving your side of the story maybe then I could better understand what it is that you want to see.

We should also get things in perspective here one voice of disapproval appears from the woodwork several months after the results were published. The time to say something was then. Even UR took heed of the survey in rethinking plans for the re-development.
dead ball
Steward

Post by dead ball »

CT you seem influencial, or at least you think you are. Why not see if you can get the URSC to publish the details of it's poll. How difficult could that be, for if they like you hold so much reliance on it, they no doubt have all the details at their fingertips.
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

May I remind all that the poll referred to was headed:
"Ulster Rugby Questionnaire hosted by URSC"

I seem also to recall that it was at a time when ursc.co.uk had the technical ability to carry out an online poll whereas UR had not.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

aaaahhh, those were the days!!!!!!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
cables
Lord Chancellor

Post by cables »

fermain
Given that "Sing" is part of the title of this thread, you could probably have completed the quote:
Those were the days, my friend
We thought they'd never end
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

Thank you for the days,
those endless days,
those sacred days you gave me...

or

Glory days well they’ll pass you by
Glory days in the wink of a young girl’s eye
Glory days, glory days :roll: