Toulon Away European Cup

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Flat-top
Novice

Re: Toulon Away European Cup

Post by Flat-top »

Trev I received the following message from UR, this may explain.

We are aware you are planning to travel to Toulon for the European Rugby Champions Cup game on Saturday 17th January and are expecting ticket delivery prior to your travel. At this point in time we are yet to receive our allocation from RC Toulon and are now expecting to receive the tickets next week, to be posted to you, at the latest, Wednesday 14th January, arriving Thursday 15th January.

We understand a number of supporters are travelling throughout the week and so if you depart for France on or before Thursday 15th January, please make us aware of this, so as we can arrange ticket collection in Toulon if need be. As we will need written request of this, we would ask you to please email tickets@ulsterrugby.com with your travel dates, account information and request for collection.

We will keep you updated with any further information or developments
keirhardy
Novice

Post by keirhardy »

Another dire inconvenience -change of venue,change Hotels, now scramble around Toulon for tickets. Maybe after all this we'll win ,we must be due some recompense?
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Just been emailed by Ulster Rugby to say that tickets being sent out first class today :)
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

keirhardy wrote:Another dire inconvenience -change of venue,change Hotels, now scramble around Toulon for tickets. Maybe after all this we'll win ,we must be due some recompense?

I agree Kier, shambolic from the French !
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

I see the Nice massive (massif?) have a few basecamps in place. Anyone know of a suitable watering hole in Toulon? Preferably one with the Tiggers v Scarlets showing on Friday night. Don't forget, we're still in with a mathematical chance of qualifying! :stout:
Pablo
Novice

Post by Pablo »

There's a bit of a plastic Irish pub called Le Shannon. Loads of Leinster and Munster guff on the walls but a decent pint!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

From Leinster Guide

"Located at Place Besagne, just a short stroll from the stadium, the supporters village will be open from 11am to midnight on Saturday and 10am – 10pm on match day (Sunday). The village will be home to music all day, big screens for other European club action, appearances from Toulon players along with bars and food options."

Imagine they will do something similar for our game?

Couldn't find the brochure UR produce.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:Just been emailed by Ulster Rugby to say that tickets being sent out first class today :)
First class you say Mike. They'll probably arrive Tuesday week.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Just been emailed by Ulster Rugby to say that tickets being sent out first class today :)
First class you say Mike. They'll probably arrive Tuesday week.
Possibly, I have just received a package from Hong Kong posted on Saturday evening delivered by DHL and it was not even a 24 hour delivery and it beat a letter posted first class from 6 miles away by nearly an hour.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Tickets arrived in the post to me this morn!!! Yeeooooo
Doink the Clown
Novice

Post by Doink the Clown »

Myself, Ulster no9 and one other at the holiday inn in Toulon - are the majority staying in Nice and travelling up for the day? :red: :red:
Don't Stop Believin'
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Doink the Clown wrote:Myself, Ulster no9 and one other at the holiday inn in Toulon - are the majority staying in Nice and travelling up for the day? :red: :red:

Don't know if it is a majority or not but there are 9 of us staying in Nice from the friday to the monday and travelling from Nice on saturday morning, plus I have heard of quite a few others staying in Nice for the long weekend
RCT83
Novice

Post by RCT83 »

Pablo wrote:There's a bit of a plastic Irish pub called Le Shannon. Loads of Leinster and Munster guff on the walls but a decent pint!
The Shannon is now called the Bouc Ness, near the train station.

See you soon. :stout:
RCT83
Novice

Post by RCT83 »

UlsterNo9 wrote:From Leinster Guide

"Located at Place Besagne, just a short stroll from the stadium, the supporters village will be open from 11am to midnight on Saturday and 10am – 10pm on match day (Sunday). The village will be home to music all day, big screens for other European club action, appearances from Toulon players along with bars and food options."

Imagine they will do something similar for our game?

Couldn't find the brochure UR produce.
Usually, this village exists for 1/4 or 1/2 finals. Not for pool games.
Sorry
RCT83
Novice

Post by RCT83 »

ayepod wrote:I see the Nice massive (massif?) have a few basecamps in place. Anyone know of a suitable watering hole in Toulon? Preferably one with the Tiggers v Scarlets showing on Friday night. Don't forget, we're still in with a mathematical chance of qualifying! :stout:
Bein sports in the Bouc Ness near the train station, the Corsair near the Stadium, the irish tatoo pub near the port.

I will be in the 3 at the same time. >burp