Ulster v Leicester

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster v Leicester

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Addison very good, Lowry too. Thought Leicester would beat us through better quality half backs, pretty good performance.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Lowry played very well and bar that late miss on Tuilagi, Addison at 13 was also very good.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Bart S wrote:Lowry played very well and bar that late miss on Tuilagi, Addison at 13 was also very good.
Addison is just good, best signing since Ruan.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Great second half. Lowry will be some player. A masterclass from Cooney. Mr Addison is a class act.

The pack put in some shift too. Timoney was great.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

A game of 2 halves we were good in the first and you were so much better in the second, we have no on field leadership.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Interesting to see what they do with Lowry now, if his future is as a 10 he needs to be getting experience there. Now sure why we started with Warwick rather than O'Sullivan, don't see Warwick as a better scrummager.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Interesting to see what they do with Lowry now, if his future is as a 10 he needs to be getting experience there. Now sure why we started with Warwick rather than O'Sullivan, don't see Warwick as a better scrummager.
Whatever about the loosehead side, when Moore came on at tighthead that was the end of our scrum wows.

Moore sorted our scrum set piece.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Interesting to see what they do with Lowry now, if his future is as a 10 he needs to be getting experience there. Now sure why we started with Warwick rather than O'Sullivan, don't see Warwick as a better scrummager.
It was so much better with EOS and Moore. Warwick has nowhere near enough power for a LH.
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Addison very good, Lowry too. Thought Leicester would beat us through better quality half backs, pretty good performance.
Youngs better than Cooney? Yer jokin. He's one of the major reasons that England are currently so crap. Slow pass and limited tactical brain.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Leicester play some turgid stuff. It's either route one or the high bomb.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote:Leicester play some turgid stuff. It's either route one or the high bomb.
They relied on an international tight 5 to win games via scrum penalties and mauls/lineout steals.

Take a look at their tight 5, either over the hill or just plain average. Compare it to Leicester sides of old where they had current English internationals sitting on the bench.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Great second half. Lowry will be some player. A masterclass from Cooney. Mr Addison is a class act.

The pack put in some shift too. Timoney was great.
Glad somebody else noticed Dave, he's getting better and better, I think he is our best back row so far this season and not just intelligent, he's quick and he's stronger and larger than some take him for.

Great game from Lowry, lad did incredibly well to shake off the early error and be very impressive. Addison really impressed me for the first time, let's just hope he isn't getting too much time wasted in November holding tackle begs in D4, same thoughts for Cooney. McCloskey having a very good season, an amazing difference from the man who looked dull when partnered by NHL under FOLK's reign of disaster.

Props continue to be a worry, thankfully Marty Moore appears to be hugely better after no rugby in ages, than anyone else, what price Hond may be brilliant? Rory seems to me to be struggling for form but remains the hardest working hooker I've ever seen, there is nobody close to him, at present, despite the hopes harboured for others.

O'Connor continues to be extremely consistent and like Rory, works his baws off. Hendy, curate's egg.

I feared for the game when the subs appeared as it was not the greatest bench ever but amazingly even Shanners did rightly, Reidy was good and even Treadwell for a change appeared not to be a member of the Light Infantry.

So good signs, a welcome win, but let's not get carried away, we are likely to get our bakes stove in next week. If and when that happens can I counsel you all not to lose your shyte as if it's Armagh Geddon. :roll:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
It was so much better with EOS and Moore. Warwick has nowhere near enough power for a LH.
Something of a negative selection I feel, my guess is that with Old Dan Cole, who's the antithesis of a merry old soul, they didn't want to start against him with an inexperienced prop. However I tell you this, for the second week in succession I am referring this to my scrum guru CIMAN, for to my eyes there were at least as many problems on the other side, just as last week when TOT was getting the rounds of the kitchen from Wee Den Buckley but people here seemed only to see Belham stuffing Warwick.

I await the decision of the oracle.

Warwick comes and goes during the season, finished the season very well last season having looked duff for months. But LOOK ..... it's not Big Licence's fault that Callum hated FOLK so much that he got his agent to talk to Worcester before Bryn had a chance to talk about a new contract, hated the guts of that weasel, Prof Twitchen, the worst coach ever to pull on an Ulster trackie. I mean FFFS Anscombe could drink his weight in booze on a daily basis but at least he had some idea about rugby. FOLK :roll: Even the useless STA would not see FOLK in his way as a coach. I'll say nothing about the liar Gibbes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The scrum did appear better in the 2nd half although Moore and EOS were facing tiring props and bench backup rather than what Warwick and Kane faced at the outset. It was a positive sign but let’s see our scrum being solid at the outset.

If not next week the Hond really should be given a chance over the coming weeks.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Right bitches the next Mofo who says Step Through should be given a chance will be bitch slapped with my damp skiddies. Feckawayaffweeyees. I’d rather stick WeeD in the front row than Bryn’s video star.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.