Ulster Snr League

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

RuPi
Initiate

Re: Ulster Snr League

Post by RuPi »

Ards 27 Banbridge 38
Armagh 13 Malone 24
Ballymena 25 Ballynahinch 33
Queen’s 13 Dungannon 16

Awful that the QUB game had to be abandoned for the 2nd week in a row due to a serious injury. Thoughts go to the injured player, his team mates and coaches.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Was at Stevenson Park for Dungannon vs Ballymena on Saturday. Ballymena won (28-27) with converted try in last play of game. Dungannon lost David Egner (winger - looked a bad injury) in the process of him scoring a great try. They've also lost Jason Bloomfield (Scrum half) from what looks like a season threatening injury. They need some of Ulster contracted players released (Farrell/Cochrane/Nelson) otherwise they may struggle in first AIL game on Friday at Malone.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I did not see Bloomfield playing on Saturday?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Kofi Annan wrote:I did not see Bloomfield playing on Saturday?
Think he was injured the week before. Farrell now out for season too.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Sorry I thought you said you were there,
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bootlaced
Lord Chancellor

Post by bootlaced »

"Never whistle while you're pi$$ing", Hagbard Celine
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Kofi Annan wrote:Sorry I thought you said you were there,
Yes I was there but stated that Dungannon had lost Jason Bloomfield which I should have related was pre to the game vs Ballymena. Apologies for any confusion on my part.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

Queens beat Malone 31-21 at the dub, with both sides missing a lot of players. Any other scores?
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

dublane wrote:Queens beat Malone 31-21 at the dub, with both sides missing a lot of players. Any other scores?
Ballymena beat Belfast Harlequins 19-11 and Dungannon beat Ards 26-6.
Hendo
Novice

Post by Hendo »

Rainy OBs beat Dungannon and Ballynahinch lost to Malone. What's going on at Dungannon they appear to be imploding, did Fitzpatricks leavings them be that bad, one year they are putting like 50 points on teams to another year getting beat by teams not in their league.

Any other results, I see Harlequins 2s got a big win at long last, good coaching takes time :thumright:
Last edited by Hendo on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Malone beat Hinch, Ballymena beat Inst and CoD beat Armagh.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Hendo wrote:Rainy OBs beat Dungannon and Ballynahinch lost to Malone. What's going on at Dungannon they appear to be imploding, did Fitzpatricks leavings them be that bad, one year they are putting like 50 points on teams to another year getting beat by teams not in their league.

Any other results, I see Harlequins 2s got a big win at long last, good coaching takes time :thumright:
Dungannon are crippled by ever increasing injury list. They've lost their captain for 6 weeks; their scrum half for rest of the season and left winger for 3 months as well as losing quite a lot of players in the close season e.g. Paul McKenzie/Michael Lawton/Calum Threlfall/Rowan Halsall/Michael Rainey/Michael Kirkwood. Paul Magee has had to come out of retirement to play. Looks like it is going to be a long and hard season ahead for them.
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

Hendo wrote:

I just wonder if Quins' 2's win had anything to do with Quins'1's not having a game on Saturday ?? :scratch:
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

I see Ballymena have also had to pull Darryl O'Kane out of retirement to play again.

Harlequins 2s had Babe, Marshall, Best and Hamilton all playing who have played AIL this year so that may have helped them.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

RuPi wrote:I see Ballymena have also had to pull Darryl O'Kane out of retirement to play again.

Harlequins 2s had Babe, Marshall, Best and Hamilton all playing who have played AIL this year so that may have helped them.
If memory serves me right did Quins not cry off a few weeks ago in the same fixture as they could not field a team, they were then beaten by Ards 2nds ( no offence meant) really that result should be looked at if I was Rainey I would complain.Quins 2nds really are a joke and the fact that they now run around with a branded name ie Deramore Devels is an even bigger joke, Jesus beagle .Does Quins really find that result acceptable, if they do then shame on them.
Available for weddings May to August only