Ulster V Stormers Friday 27th 7.35pm

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster V Stormers Friday 27th 7.35pm

Post by kingofthehill »

big mervyn wrote:
StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:47 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:25 am
HammerTime wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:20 am
Hans Indaruck wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:33 am Got some insight tonight as to what has potentially been affecting the Ulster performance of late. Apparently the players don’t like the crowd shouting as this puts them off their concentration!! This was revealed when Gavin Andrews interviewed Craig Gilroy at half-time. Gilroy had his socks pulled up to his knees (on account of the cold) which attracted a few shouted comments from the Promenaders (tis the Ulster Way). Lo and behold after the interview Andrews and Gilroy came over to berate some in the crowd saying that such shouting (of benign comments) made it ‘very difficult to concentrate’ and ‘it may just seem like banter to you but it makes the job all the harder’!!
Such are the trials and tribulations of a professional rugby player and indeed a professional broadcaster!! Mind you it was cold enough for snowflakes tonight!, :roll:
Big bunch of fannies. I get that there are plenty of loudmouths on the terraces who are just an embarrassment but it would be typical of this lot to be easily offended.
Wabs
Ah well, at least Gilroy won’t have to put up with it for too much longer…
Yes. Big elephant in that room. Gilroy discussing Jacob's situation and not a mention of his own.
Gilroy gone/retiring from what I hear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Deraless wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:46 am Sutherland is a machine. Granted he only had about 20 mins but he covers the pitch like a 7 and after the tackle his speed getting back into the defensive line is unbelievable.
Said before I'd take him before Kitshoff. How about both lol. Then we'd have best FR in Europe :roll: :cheers:
Exterminate all rational thought
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Deraless wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:46 am Sutherland is a machine. Granted he only had about 20 mins but he covers the pitch like a 7 and after the tackle his speed getting back into the defensive line is unbelievable.
Said before I'd take him before Kitshoff. How about both lol. Then we'd have best FR in Europe :roll: :cheers:
No way.
Sutherland decent but not in Kitschoff league.

The fact kitschoff is a captain and serial winner is enough for me.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Kitschoff
World Cup, Junior U20 IRB Chanpionship, URC League Winner

Ewers
European and League Winner

TBC 3rd NIQ
Winner, Winner, Winner

I've as big a crush on JTA as the next guy but this talk about getting him signed up for next season can only happen if there is special dispensation for Moores injury. You cannot have a 3rd choice prop taking up an NIQ spot.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Why not no9? Surely they are less likely to block the signing because two Irish players are ahead of him if you see my logic. Obviously you'd have to get value for money and not paying him top wages.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:19 pm What was illegal about that?
If you accept that 'clearing out' is legal (which i don't, but crucially the IRB do), then nothing.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I can definitely see the logic of both arguments here. I’d love to see JTA get a contract, but NIQ’s should be the first names on the team sheet.
I don’t know what the correct answer is.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

damianmcr wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:28 pm Why not no9? Surely they are less likely to block the signing because two Irish players are ahead of him if you see my logic. Obviously you'd have to get value for money and not paying him top wages.
They didn’t block him last year.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

justinr73 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:17 pm
damianmcr wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:28 pm Why not no9? Surely they are less likely to block the signing because two Irish players are ahead of him if you see my logic. Obviously you'd have to get value for money and not paying him top wages.
They didn’t block him last year.
True.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Ala’alatoa for leinster is hardly the 1st name on the team sheet. Jeff would get game time as TOT might be missing plenty and marty is not guaranteed to come back however unlikely.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:33 pm Gilroy gone/retiring from what I hear

He's 32 in March and has a law degree to fall back on.A praper old school qualification (as opposed to the current trend of using a business degree from the Poly to sell coffee or sassidges!)

69 (why did txt msgs come into my head there :scratch: ) trys from 208 Ulster appearances and 5 from 10 Ireland caps is not too shabby.

Former Ulster player of the year and twice named in the Pro12 "dream team" to boot.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:33 pm Gilroy gone/retiring from what I hear

He's 32 in March and has a law degree to fall back on.A praper old school qualification (as opposed to the current trend of using a business degree from the Poly to sell coffee or sassidges!)

69 (why did txt msgs come into my head there :scratch: ) trys from 208 Ulster appearances and 5 from 10 Ireland caps is not too shabby.

Former Ulster player of the year and twice named in the Pro12 "dream team" to boot.
Scoring 69 tries will get him cancelled. He seems to be in the property game also.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:07 pm Kitschoff
World Cup, Junior U20 IRB Chanpionship, URC League Winner

Ewers
European and League Winner

TBC 3rd NIQ
Winner, Winner, Winner

I've as big a crush on JTA as the next guy but this talk about getting him signed up for next season can only happen if there is special dispensation for Moores injury. You cannot have a 3rd choice prop taking up an NIQ spot.
Third choice? :lol:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:02 pm
big mervyn wrote:

Scoring 69 tries will get him cancelled. He seems to be in the property game also.
You'd wonder if he could pick up a season in proD2 bfore gently easing into retirement
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:56 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
No way.
Sutherland decent but not in Kitschoff league.

The fact kitschoff is a captain and serial winner is enough for me.

Sutherland is an seasoned international and Lion. Very sound scrummager and much more mobile King
Kitshoff (sic) didn't win those trophies himself. I grant you advantage in terms of captaincy, but in every other way Sutherland is his equal and in some aspects better (loose). Probably cheaper too. With Carter and DV gone, off load Milo and some deadwood if we can, sign Jeff at least. Neither Kitshoff nor Sutherland are blockers. MM s international ship has sailed you feel, and TOT is in the international squad anyway.