Ulster v Hairyqueens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Hairyqueens

Post by BR »

I'm concerned that it was more the weather that beat Quins on Sunday, than anything that Ulster did.

However - the rotation by Quins should mean we have the edge again tonight.

I'm sure a number of those Quins players will be trying to prove a point (either for the club, or for themselves), so it'll come down to whether or not we are having a defence tonight. I'm going with a TBP for Quins - hoping for 4-2 rather than 0-5.

A works do would be the perfect excuse to avoid this, but sitting in the house, I may be tempted to turn on the wireless. Please tell me it's only on MW!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Saints 2012 is exactly how this feels
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Eggs wrote:Saints 2012 is exactly how this feels
+1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The difference was in 2012, we were the best team in the pool. We ran rings around Northamton at Franklin Gardens. The score probably didn't do us justice that night. But it was a lovely performance.

On the flip side - Northampton were still fighting for 2nd place even after that defeat.

This feels a wee bit different - I don't think there would be too many who have suddenly developed great confidence in the team since Sunday.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I have.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

This post should be called feck cockatriceImage

Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Russ wrote:
Eggs wrote:Saints 2012 is exactly how this feels
+1

Clermont at home this time last year is how it feels to me :fleg: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Finished
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:This post should be called feck cockatriceImage

No covers ffs
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Given that someone fecked off early one night rather than put the covers on the pitch as he was supposed to, with snow expected, I'd say that Mother Nature has been very kind to UR & the could-have-been-sacked slacker, rather than this being down to good judgement.

But of course .................................. what would I know? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I'll be there, expecting to be both gowling and gurning in equal measure.

I appear to be the only one expecting trouble, everyone seems to think "easy-peasy" I'm thinking Saints 2012 where we were huge favourites having horsed them only to tank & barely fire a shot.

It's called complacency and it is unbelievably hard to avoid when you know you are the better team having doffed the same set of clowns the previous week.

If we manage to sweep them aside I will salute the entire coaching team FOLK included for it's bloody difficult to get the right mindset when you expect to win with ease.

Munster face the same dilemma at Tigers, Leinster will know how hard they had to fight to be far the better team but I do expect they will cope easiest of the three.

As for crowd size, I'd never miss the chance to see Ulster bate the tar out of a selection of Lionels, each to their own, I'd regard it as an opportunity to avoid a works do, anyway Mrs T and I have a works do every week. :lol:

And finally, I note today that Cave is not even as good a centre as Brett Herron and cannot even get a gig for the A team. FOLK.
I'm of the opinion we are still garbage, last week was a blip and we'll be back to dung tonight....and yes I'll be there gurning as usual
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy
I got there before you after Sunday While not a great side Quins are dangerous but have their quota of thick English thugs to ensure the odd penalty or two .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Given that someone fecked off early one night rather than put the covers on the pitch as he was supposed to, with snow expected, I'd say that Mother Nature has been very kind to UR & the could-have-been-sacked slacker, rather than this being down to good judgement.

But of course .................................. what would I know? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
baggy.. at least when my missus tells me to put clotches on the plants to protect them from the pending frost I do as she tells me... theres usually good reason anyhow if only UR groundstaff did what they were told.

Ground looks superb so expecting a fast flowing great game of high scoring rugby from the team as they have no excuses with the warm conditions and dry surface... the pitch should hold up well..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Half time interview could well be Jirrid Headpayne. He had a wee warmup with the lads.
Am I wrong to be thinking I should have brought my Wrist Rocket and some 10mm bearings, as I have a clear shot at FOLK from here?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BT Sport, no shame in supporting Quins...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Bod definitely a west Brit

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999