TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:54 pm
pip14 wrote:Ewars would be an odd signing for world cup year..is he a NIQ?

Can we have Roos and Ewars or is that just gready?
Yes he is an NIQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably only the two NIQs then?

On the face of it Ewers is a decent signing, a man mountain, decent carrier and should be well used to a maul and tight game playing for Exeter. Has no international call ups mid season, which is a big boost.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Hmm interesting one. Big man, physical, heavy carrier, not the most mobile…..and an out and out 6.
Leaves a hole at 8. I’d be licking my lips if I was McCann. Timoney may see his ire chances dip with extended time at 8, it’d be interesting to know his thoughts on it, for me the mix is critical because I think timoney is too small at 8, but a very decent 7.

Either way with DV and Jordi moving on, we are still bare minimum 1 short for me, really 2. With all the backrow options in Ireland it’s ripe for another NIQ or IQ / internal move without damaging national side.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

I think Timoney suits our game plan at 8. Fast and mobile. With an out and out 7 in Reffell and the archetypal 6 in Ewers. McCann is capable of covering 6 or 8. Marcus challenging for 7. It’s a very balanced back row.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Sounds like an excellent signing to me.

With Dizzy retiring and returning to play AIL, he'll be a good guide around Belfast.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Balanced yes, but fairly small. Reliant on a solid front 5, which wouldn’t be a term id use often about UR.
Still short on numbers too for me, 1 injury and it’s bare bones time.

Good to see Sheridan going into TH second row when he came on at scrum time. Thought McCann & Sheridan did okay, hopefully they get some more exposure.

This upcoming Sale game is huge. If UR could win and follow it up with stormers we’d be back on the horse. Big big ask, but psychologically the season would be back on.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dharper wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:59 am
This upcoming Sale game is huge. If UR could win and follow it up with stormers we’d be back on the horse. Big big ask, but psychologically the season would be back on.
That's it in a nutshell.

Watched the Racing 92 vs Harlequins game last night, both teams have won just once in their last six, Racing went into the game last night with 5 defeats on the bounce. Both teams I'd expect to be there or thereabouts come the end of the season.

We are not alone is my takeaway.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
SOU
Novice

Post by SOU »

If Ewers was IQ I’d have no problem, but to waste a NIQ spot when there will be better (albeit more expensive) options post RWC is disappointing.

I’d personally be looking at someone like Ribbans the 2nd row at Northampton, he’s out of contract next year.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

SOU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:38 pm If Ewers was IQ I’d have no problem, but to waste a NIQ spot when there will be better (albeit more expensive) options post RWC is disappointing.

I’d personally be looking at someone like Ribbans the 2nd row at Northampton, he’s out of contract next year.
Ulster have probably two NIQs signed up for next season. (Ewers and the Kitshoff).

Still another spot. Need a big brute of a lock or a decent flyhalf.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Big-al wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:08 pm
SOU wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:38 pm If Ewers was IQ I’d have no problem, but to waste a NIQ spot when there will be better (albeit more expensive) options post RWC is disappointing.

Ulster have probably two NIQs signed up for next season. (Ewers and the Kitshoff).

Still another spot. Need a big brute of a lock or a decent flyhalf.
Are you saying Burns isn’t decent? :lol: :lol:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If JTA keeps performing wonder what the chances of getting him as a medical joker?

We could be looking at 9 - 12 months before Marty The Panda Moore will be fit and firing. If Tom O'Toole goes to the World Cup we'll not see him to end Nov / December.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Any update on the Will Connors rumour?
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

He qualifies for Zimbabwe and therefore will be available to Ulster during the world cup.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Yep, he looks like a really good option, except for: 'especially after my fourth knee injury'. Let's hope he's now got them all out of the way.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Ewers is very well thought of by chiefs fans, and would bring grunt to the pack. Still a BR signing short for me, ideally a 6/8 with a bit of size.