Robbie Diack

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Re: Robbie Diack

Post by 222toHounslow »

Cracker wrote:Robbie is a really nice man and played some excellent games for Ulster. Frankly having met him I am appalled at the numerous sarcastic and unfunny comments made about him on this forum from time to time. Totally unnecessary and completely unfair. They certainly wouldn't have encouraged him to stay in Ulster in any capacity.
My friends and I wish you and all your family all the best for the future Robbie and thank you for all your contributions to Ulster rugby and otherwise during your stay here.

Probably the reason why Ulster are perennial losers, nice guys preferred over good players.

Robbie is a nice guy but remember the final in the RDS please.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Wait a minute is someone suggesting that some here are saying that ALL Kabaddi players aren't nice people. That's disgraceful ... Down with Kabaddism, down with it I say.

My mate Trev is a really nice guy - trust me, if you met him you'd say ... "That guy Trev is a really nice guy". Trev's no good at rugby ... in fact Trev is equally hopeless at squash, snooker, tennis and 5 a side. Trev would be the last guy you'd pick if 10 of us lined up and we needed two teams of 5. Yet no one would argue that Trev isn't a nice guy.

I'd like to wish my mate Trev all the best for the future. :duh:
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I like Trev
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I told you ... a hun'er percent stand up guy ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Russ wrote:Bye Robbie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
https://youtu.be/GEUfmZcScoE

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
I always thought that the ball was meant for GLU. Robbie had to stretch to get it. His hands were almost too good.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

When p announced his retirement I commented on his loyalty and commitment to the Ulster cause. It is similar with Robbie Diack who is almost as good as a one club man. Robbie didn't have the types of brain farts p had, but flattered to deceive in other ways. Good in the air, decent hands and a handful of times in the last ten years he got his dander up and played with a bit of agression.

Sadly though that agression wasn't displayed every week, and will always be detrimental to my memories of him playing here. Did he either lack the will or the necessary psychological training to bring this to the fore? We'll never know.

What we do know is that Robbie is a decent spud, but not being snapped up by one of our rivals and perhaps we'll just leave it there.
Blackskulllad
Novice

Post by Blackskulllad »

I liked Robbie, always thought he worked hard even if he didn't create a highlights reel.

https://youtu.be/nB4cpeFpQgs
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

As an old time corner flagging 8 he was as good as most but he really couldn’t adapt to the modern flat defence league approach to the game .
But a sure pair of hands in the line

Never doubted he gave 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Robbie Diack

Post by Wee Woman »

A solid player, sadly never reached his potential but was largely dependable and honest nonetheless and a lovely bloke to boot.

I still can’t forgive him for not dotting that bloody ball down at the RDS though Image.

Anyway best of luck to him and his family.

Are we taking bets on who’s next? I doubt this is the last of them ☹️

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Wee Woman wrote:A solid player, sadly never reached his potential but was largely dependable and honest nonetheless and a lovely bloke to boot.

I still can’t forgive him for not dotting that bloody ball down at the RDS though Image.

Anyway best of luck to him and his family.

Are we taking bets on who’s next? I doubt this is the last of them ☹️

cRoss
2MP
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Blackskulllad wrote:I liked Robbie, always thought he worked hard even if he didn't create a highlights reel.

https://youtu.be/nB4cpeFpQgs
Paddy Jackson
Gone but not forgotten

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

ColinM wrote:When p announced his retirement I commented on his loyalty and commitment to the Ulster cause. It is similar with Robbie Diack who is almost as good as a one club man. Robbie didn't have the types of brain farts p had, but flattered to deceive in other ways. Good in the air, decent hands and a handful of times in the last ten years he got his dander up and played with a bit of agression.

Sadly though that agression wasn't displayed every week, and will always be detrimental to my memories of him playing here. Did he either lack the will or the necessary psychological training to bring this to the fore? We'll never know.

What we do know is that Robbie is a decent spud, but not being snapped up by one of our rivals and perhaps we'll just leave it there.
I especially admire their loyalty particularly considering the lucrative offers they both would have been inundated with elsewhere over the years.
The market for non passing scrumhalves and non carrying forwards must have made them like golddust.

Also they have well over 200 Ulster appearances each which is literally unreal.
They have accumulated more Ulster caps between them than Ferris, Muller. Pienaar and Hendy combined.
That's a mark how of highly rated they were.*

*by Ulster Rugby
kipper
Novice

Post by kipper »

And the Connachtisation of Ulster Rugby continues, the forth province...............in all fairness have been for a while now.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

kipper wrote:And the Connachtisation of Ulster Rugby continues, the forth province...............in all fairness have been for a while now.

What does this mean?
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

stickinout wrote:
kipper wrote:And the Connachtisation of Ulster Rugby continues, the forth province...............in all fairness have been for a while now.

What does this mean?
Not going to lie, just in after a skin full but what?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND