Munster Vs Connacht

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster Vs Connacht

Post by solidarity »

Setanta wrote:On this showing Connacht will beat Leinster and Ulster.
You could well be right, especially as they now look like they can close out a tight game.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

for dog and ulcer wrote:Dreadful yellow card and penalty try decision against Connacht by Whitehouse aided by McDowell.
Initially I thought dreadful decision, but having watched again from the wide angle I'd agree with Whitehouse decision.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Aki is the best centre in Ireland

Would like to see an Ireland team with him in the centre and Henshaw at 15
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Forget about the sentimentality.
Connacht are meant to be a developmental province and they are not supposed to beat their betters.
The IRFU needs to get their best players out of the west and playing instead with the other provinces.

Allowing Connacht "develop" too much is a pipe dream and undermines the stability of the other provinces.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dublin4 wrote:Forget about the sentimentality.
Connacht are meant to be a developmental province and they are not supposed to beat their betters.
The IRFU needs to get their best players out of the west and playing instead with the other provinces.

Allowing Connacht "develop" too much is a pipe dream and undermines the stability of the other provinces.
Begrudger! >threaten

From IRFU's point of view, better to have 4 provinces to choose from than 3, especially if they're not supporting the 4th team the same way financially as they are some of the other 3.

If the other three are "destabilised" that's their problem.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
for dog and ulcer wrote:Dreadful yellow card and penalty try decision against Connacht by Whitehouse aided by McDowell.
Initially I thought dreadful decision, but having watched again from the wide angle I'd agree with Whitehouse decision.
It's an interesting one that I'd like to hear a good discussion on to get a feel for the arguments.

I agree with the ref and TMO that a try would probably have been scored if the early tackle hadn't been made. So a penalty try seems appropriate for me. The question would be around the yellow card. Is it given for a cynical foul even though it didn't actually prevent a try?

What a lovely finish by Aki for that try. Not much the defender can do there.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Also an absolutely pathetic turnout for the second interpro in less than 24 hours.

What is going on with rugby in Ireland?
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

OneMore wrote:Also an absolutely pathetic turnout for the second interpro in less than 24 hours.

What is going on with rugby in Ireland?
Still a world cup hangover, twas a big letdown, going to be a while before interest spikes again.
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

Can't tell if joking or just very, very stupid.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

OneMore wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
It's an interesting one that I'd like to hear a good discussion on to get a feel for the arguments.

I agree with the ref and TMO that a try would probably have been scored if the early tackle hadn't been made. So a penalty try seems appropriate for me. The question would be around the yellow card. Is it given for a cynical foul even though it didn't actually prevent a try?

The yellow card is the result of giving a penalty try for the foul, sometimes it does not happen but if a penalty try is warranted so is the yellow for being cynical and trying to stop it illegally
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

connachtfan wrote:Can't tell if joking or just very, very stupid.
Does that make YOU very stupid? :duck:

Or me? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

connachtfan wrote:

>EW
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

connachtfan wrote:

The clue is in his name :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seriously well done tonight even though it puts the screw on us big time, Lam has got a bunch of players playing with pride and determination, you out Munstered Munster in the final minutes :salut: :salut: :salut:
Need 4 strong teams with Irish players in them all, France has 14 sides and England 12 to pick from and it is daft to think we can compete with 3
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

Rooster wrote:
OneMore wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

The yellow card is the result of giving a penalty try for the foul, sometimes it does not happen but if a penalty try is warranted so is the yellow for being cynical and trying to stop it illegally
Yeah, I guess. It was a cynical foul. It seems harsh, but it's hard to construct a coherent counter-argument.

It is possible to foul, give away a penalty try but not get binned, as long as your foul wasn't seen as cynical (what would that look like though?)
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sorry I didn't see it, but I've decided to give flower arranging a go for a few weeks to see if I can get over a wasted life watching rugby. :flower: Think I'll do up the house as well, maybe pop down to Laura Ashley tomorrow for some hideously patterned wallhangings & finally take my interest in feng shui it's place in life.

I'm also giving the choir a go, I am a splendidly canny chanta' >flatnote Mrs T has been on at me for years to try a bit of salsa, may give the dance floor a turn too, I've got rhythm to spare, used to be a belting pogo'er back in me punk days, held the world high jump record at one stage. >dance

Anyway the fairest of fairfucks to the Whesties, lang ma their lumb reek. Keep her lit Pat. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.