Representative games

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Bayern
Steward

Re: Representative games

Post by Bayern »

Not sure but I think Young is off to England for Uni.
Would be a massive shame as he is a big talented scrumhalf that could be good enough down the line to make it at the senior team.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Dan Dare wrote:
Silverstu wrote:Is Tom Donnan John Donnan's wee bro? Hopefully we see some stars coming through in the pack as the back line is getting ridiculous [although light at 9].
I would not say it was light at 9. Don't know a lot about Conor Young but he was ireland U19 scrum half last year. Josh Fullerton is a really class player, was starting for Belfast Quins in AIL last year. Youngs must be good to keep him out of the team. They seem like a strong pair to me.
Think he's referring to the senior team - where we have incredible depth from 11-15, ho hum depth in the pack, and a collection of brainless whippets behind St Ruan. We could really use some forwards and 9s to step forwards. Could use O'hagan stepping up too - anyone know why Bingham isn't involved?
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Bayern wrote:Tom is John's younger but apparently bigger brother.. John being 6'5ish
Ah cheers- I had heard that John had a younger, meaner brother also a lock - good to hear this is the guy and he's getting a run.

@Dan Dare- cheers- I hadn't heard about those guys, as Nightsoil says I was mostly thinking of the senior squad so it's good to hear there are some young lads coming through who might fit the bill. :thumleft:
ormondlad
Novice

Post by ormondlad »

Eggs wrote:Seems to be a real push to have some more games at Ravers this year for the age grade/schools stuff

Anyone going?

More importantly, will the bar be serving??
To be fair to the Ulster Branch they've always tried to play as many age grade/youths/schools games in Ravenhill as possible. Always is 4/5 interpros between youths, schools, 19s, 20s played in Ravenhill every september
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

ormondlad wrote:
Eggs wrote:Seems to be a real push to have some more games at Ravers this year for the age grade/schools stuff

Anyone going?

More importantly, will the bar be serving??
To be fair to the Ulster Branch they've always tried to play as many age grade/youths/schools games in Ravenhill as possible. Always is 4/5 interpros between youths, schools, 19s, 20s played in Ravenhill every september
Ormo, you just bust the great innovation bubble , dam you sir :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

Silverstu wrote:
Bayern wrote:Tom is John's younger but apparently bigger brother.. John being 6'5ish
Ah cheers- I had heard that John had a younger, meaner brother also a lock - good to hear this is the guy and he's getting a run.

@Dan Dare- cheers- I hadn't heard about those guys, as Nightsoil says I was mostly thinking of the senior squad so it's good to hear there are some young lads coming through who might fit the bill. :thumleft:
Apologies Stu, get were you're coming from now. Personally like Fullerton, think he's a great player, fast, good hands, aggressive. It will be interesting to see how they go, this is a good bunch of players, some very close to stepping up. O'Hagan has looked good and will get game time this year. Stockdale and Owens are going to be playing senior rugby within the next couple of years. Shame that big Alex Thompson is injured. We are obviously taking these interpros very seriously with this line up. Hope they get a good start.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Dan Dare wrote:
Apologies Stu, get were you're coming from now. Personally like Fullerton, think he's a great player, fast, good hands, aggressive. It will be interesting to see how they go, this is a good bunch of players, some very close to stepping up. O'Hagan has looked good and will get game time this year. Stockdale and Owens are going to be playing senior rugby within the next couple of years. Shame that big Alex Thompson is injured. We are obviously taking these interpros very seriously with this line up. Hope they get a good start.
No need to apologise for my ignorance Dan! I hadn't picked up on anyone coming through at 9 so great to hear there are guys with potential to do so and your post sounds encouraging. Hopefully they will go well tonight :thumleft:
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

They should handle Connacht fairly well tonight.. in fact they are heavy favourites for this years interpros.. weakest position for Ulster is backrow.
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Bayern wrote:They should handle Connacht fairly well tonight.. in fact they are heavy favourites for this years interpros.. weakest position for Ulster is backrow.
Good to hear- yeah I'd be a bit concerned at the depth at back row in the senior squad - have to wait and see how these young guys step up.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Should we play some of our lesser full games away from Ravers. :stir:
Silverstu
Initiate

Post by Silverstu »

Russ wrote:Should we play some of our lesser full games away from Ravers. :stir:
Well in terms of the u20's, ravens and women's teams first they need to build up profile/exposure before they move them around. Would be counter-productive if they don't have the profile to attract interest/support at other venues.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Silverstu wrote:
Russ wrote:Should we play some of our lesser full games away from Ravers. :stir:
Well in terms of the u20's, ravens and women's teams first they need to build up profile/exposure before they move them around. Would be counter-productive if they don't have the profile to attract interest/support at other venues.
I'm stirring around sender our games against scrubbers like Edinburgh in the pro1w to monaghan
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

27-7 win to the boys.

Played like a team under pressure in the first half, only 3-0 up at half time, missed 3 penalties in the first half, forwards very slow out of the blocks. Fantastic turn round in the second half, much better work up front and great work in the backs. Could have won by more. Improved once they played without fear. Liked what I saw in the second half. Tougher to come v Leinster and Munster but makings of a good team.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Did many supporters turn up ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:Did many supporters turn up ?
Double Thomond