TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Loki »

It doesn't strike me as an awful signing - we need cover for Stockcube, cover for the departing CP, and a replacement for Payne either in his role as centre or FB. I don't think Luke and Stu should continue as a partnership without considerably better coaching or tactics, and Cave may be offski.

With all that in mind I'd love to know who's making these signings (Bryn, presumably) and with what kind of plan or playing structure in mind. Our lack of long term thinking is very worrying: more coaches coming in without the players they would have wanted? Did Bryn see him at under-18s a decade ago and think he had to sign him? Too many questions.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

He's not going to add x factor by the sound of it, but he sounds like a solid player who at a minimum will add to the depth that is so woefully missing. If he is Sale club captain at 25, he must have something to add into the leadership vacuum when key players are away.
On the face of it, a good signing.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

I have a friend who is a long time Sale supporter and he is really sad to see him go. He has had injury problems but seems to be recovered now and is an excellent player who he considers is a much better winger and (note) full back rather than a centre. He says an excellent signing for Ulster who has been totally overlook by the English selectors. Go on the Sale forum for supporters opinions and read how he will be missed both as player and captain.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cracker wrote:I have a friend who is a long time Sale supporter and he is really sad to see him go. He has had injury problems but seems to be recovered now and is an excellent player who he considers is a much better winger and (note) full back rather than a centre. He says an excellent signing for Ulster who has been totally overlook by the English selectors. Go on the Sale forum for supporters opinions and read how he will be missed both as player and captain.
He's too small for the England bosh tactics.
Last edited by Snipe Watson on Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

kingofthehill wrote:Hume and Curtis among others will be delighted with that signing.

Completely shocked at ulster continued lack of vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There should be plenty of opportunities for them considering we're pretty much losing 3 back three players and Addison will be more needed there rather than in the centre.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Hume and Curtis among others will be delighted with that signing.

There should be plenty of opportunities for them considering we're pretty much losing 3 back three players and Addison will be more needed there rather than in the centre.
Is there not a dearth of quality in the mid 20s age range?
He's not taking up a precious NIQ spot. What's not to like?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing him as the quality we need from an imported player.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BR wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing him as the quality we need from an imported player.
Not an import. Is IQ.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

jean valjean wrote:
BR wrote:I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing him as the quality we need from an imported player.
Not an import. Is IQ.

He's not from Ulster - he's an import*

*Now if you tell me his ma is from Donegal and his Granny still lives there and he spent every summer playing on the beach an Dungloe, I may revise that to an extent. But he's another import, as far as I can see.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cracker wrote:I have a friend who is a long time Sale supporter and he is really sad to see him go. He has had injury problems but seems to be recovered now and is an excellent player who he considers is a much better winger and (note) full back rather than a centre. He says an excellent signing for Ulster who has been totally overlook by the English selectors. Go on the Sale forum for supporters opinions and read how he will be missed both as player and captain.
He's too small for the England bosh tactics.
Face doesn't fit?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Well he is as BR highlights not a product of the Ulster rugby youth system, but he does have the makings of a quality signing, even with the worries about his susceptibility to injury.
Last edited by therealspratt on Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Not an import. Is IQ.

*Now if you tell me his ma is from Donegal and his Granny still lives there and he spent every summer playing on the beach an Dungloe, I may revise that to an extent. But he's another import, as far as I can see.
xenophobe..................

:duck:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:

Well he is as BR highlights not a product of the Ulster rugby youth system, but he does have the makings of a quality signing, even with the worries about his susceptibility to injury.
Don't worry about BR, he'll be all right.

Sure he's stopped giving off about the big screens. He'll get over this too.... >EW
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Not an import. Is IQ.

Glockenspiel!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BR wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
BR wrote:
jean valjean wrote:
Not an import. Is IQ.

Glockenspiel!
:lol: :lol: :lol: