RBS 6 Nations 2017

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: RBS 6 Nations 2017

Post by big mervyn »

shamalicious wrote:Second in the table, yeehaa!
(with apologies to POC) F*CK THE TABLE!
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, have to say my analysis fell down on the lineout, I though the Jezzas would be stronger, Ryan initially and O'Mahony were magnificent in it.

Small margins, delighted to see the Jeremys score zero tries. :lol:

Best news of all, hopefully Paddy will be available next week. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Shan wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Brilliant stuff my hoop. God that was dire.
Get up the yard.
Indeed. Most enjoyable 80 mins I've had in a while.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

againstthehead wrote:
Shan wrote:Fecking brilliant stuff. POM awesome but he wasn't the only one. Great team performance.
Massive pressure game. Calling it dire is tantamount to calumny. It was a physical battle.

Any word from Paris? Is Barnes still looking at stuff?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

againstthehead wrote:
Shan wrote:Fecking brilliant stuff. POM awesome but he wasn't the only one. Great team performance.
FFFS Shan how many times do I have to explain this chube's idiocy?

Have to saw I still really enjoy a real scrap, irrespective of the quality, but that is down to a very greasy ball and a difficult day.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Yellow card men allowed back on early, and why? Because Barnes has spent 2 minutes talking to people. This is farce.
Barnes didn't seem to be stopping the clock in the red zone. Surely he should have with a man in the bin?
Big Neville Southall
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

It's great watching the English 'celebrations'.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Great the presentation done in darkness to disguise the almost empty stadium.
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Delighted for Rory and the boys. That one result turned a failure of a 6N into a success, and a few lessons learnt along the way.

AWJ going off injured may put the cat amongst the pidgeons...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Meanwhile back in Paris there has to be huge controversy over Barnes handling of that, penalty after penalty within 5 metres of the line including multiple scrum penalties and rather than give a penalty try he plays 20 minutes extra. Yes it was on the BBC but it screwed up the spacing of games and you can rest assured advertisers will not be pleased.

Clown. :lol:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

For a man who loves to be centre stage, he certainly bottled what should have been a penalty try on at least two occasions.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

POM was simply magnificent today and I'm delighted to say Rory had a good game and redeemed himself. Possibly even resurrected his Lions prospects.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:POM was simply magnificent today and I'm delighted to say Rory had a good game and redeemed himself. Possibly even resurrected his Lions prospects.
You'd take him over Dylan all day long when the chips are down.
Big Neville Southall
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Snipe Watson wrote:
againstthehead wrote:
Massive pressure game. Calling it dire is tantamount to calumny. It was a physical battle.

Any word from Paris? Is Barnes still looking at stuff?
The physicality was up there. However, it was all 1-out plodding. No subtlety or inventiveness from either side. At this level, even with the weather, you'd expect to see some level of skill - even the odd off-load. High balls were average from both sides and both sides were average collecting them. Couple of rolling mauls to write home about if that turns you on.

Fair play to Joe, he knows how to win these kind of games. The Irish defense was very good and strangled England. However, England didn't even look to have an answer to it which is disappointing for a side that has won a stack of games on the bounce. For the 'best' two sides in the 6N it was all a bit turgid for me. Anyway, it's the usual story - Ireland lose away one week and Joe should be sacked, they sneak a home win the next and Ireland are the greatest since sliced bread.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Peter O'Mahony should be an automatic starter for the Lions, he should also have been a candidate for captain given his role at Munster this season. Of course Schmidt has thwarted him at every cut and turn, couldn't pick his Kiwi nose.