Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Season Ticket - Renewing or Not

Post by Tender »

Life is absurd and meaningless. We only continue with this existence because of the joy we experience with family and friends. Ravenhill has given me happy memories involving both and I don't take it at all seriously.
Isn't suicide the only valid debate?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

nonplussed wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Guys, UR do not give a flying Feçk , they know fans will turn up, watch the shiité on display, go home Bakebook #wearebrill #suftum count up the hashtags , make sure they meet the kpis and repeat.

They lost me a long time ago, Ravenhill used to an enjoyable experience, it's not, unless your a Moron who buys into the ice hockey plastic shiît
Yes yes and thrice yes ... the cause, soul or heart or whatever you want to call it, of Ulster rugby has gone, and as the numbers add up no one cares.

If you care about UR I suggest you stop, as that care is not reciprocated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have enjoyed my time supporting Ulster through both the glory years and the years in which We were pretty rank.
I would still gulder as best I could for the team ...they were our lads and I got it.
Many away trips have drained my bank account but then I was committed to going and committed to enjoying the occasion even if defeat was very likely. I dont regret a single hangover, being stranded at airports, or being soaked through At Ravenhill.
I have found that this season (which by no means has been our worst) I have been routinely going to the games.In the back of my mind however, In light of the recent treatment of perhaps the most talented player to pull on the white shirt I do not really buy into the organisation anymore. I will go to my local club and watch more of the AIL games there. I enjoy Rugby but not the twisted politics of the IRFU which has soured my goodwill. Good luck lads and I wish you happy times :cheers:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Namron you have articulated what many people feel very eloquently and yet Logan et al will not give a flying fook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

nonplussed wrote:Namron you have articulated what many people feel very eloquently and yet Logan et al will not give a flying fook.
Met an old gowfing pal last night, with who I got pished more times than I care to remember. One particular night we pinned a bottle of Hennessey Paradis slugging it from the bottle like buckie in his father's loft before taking a bottle of Martell XO down to do some damage to. No sleep up the next morning and out to gowf. On the second fairway, I looked down and saw 2 balls, happily, I hit them both onto the green simultaneously and rate the 74 I shot that day as amongst my finest rounds ever whilst pished as a fart.

Anyway, Nige is not renewing at Spanners and wondered why I am bothering. I haven't given it a second thought, it's what I do & will do until my commute is too expensive.

I understand what Norm and others are saying, but I've been a Spanners in equally grim times. I suppose I feel a bit like Rocky, I've always supported them, I always will, a few shitbags both at Spanners & especially Dublin will not stop that, I'm afraid I'm a bit of an in good health and poor, good times and bad, it's just not a question for me to allow dickheads to come between me and the Ulster team.

I'll live in hope, then again another part for me is that before too much longer it will be just an occasional visit. Those not renewing I wish you well and if you avoid the tug to return, fair play, I would expect many to be back ere long.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Despite some of the crapola I've posted on this subject, I was never serious about not renewing.

Having said that, I can fully understand why some have gone the other way. At times I find being an Ulster supporter deeply frustrating but occasionally it fills me with joy. I suppose that's what being a supporter is all about, highs and lows. Any road up, nobody ever said being an Ulster supporter was an easy job, but everyone has the choice of how to spend their hard earned and there's no right or wrong.

Nucifuhrer is still a git and the IRFU are a shower of Dublin centric arsehats.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Agree with a lot of what's been said both pro and agin, but for me, a Friday night (other days are available) at Ravenhill is not just about the rugby or the UB/IRFU. It's also about having a night out with friends, having a bit of fun (yeah, even when we're crap) and supporting a team I have supported for as long as I can remember - sometimes through seasons many times worse than recent ones.

Many of those friends I stand on the terrace with and only got to know because of Raving Hill and I feel a little bit better for knowing them - whisper it softly but that includes the Snipes (and his two fine boys) , MUM's etc of this forum - when I renew my season ticket, I renew those friendships year on year. :thumleft:

Maybe the Snipes and MUM's of this world would rather I didn't pollute their little bit of Raving hill, but that's their problem. :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nail on the head Grumps, apart from the occasional chat with you I have quite a few regulars from 2 or 3 different groups. Quite frankly, yeah it's a social thing too, but when the game is on, with us the chat can wait for HT/FT.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

So you don't pull out yer phone and show yer mates High-Lairious pics of yer dog wearing an Ulster scarf, or yer new beemer which you're boss got for you after you sold oodles of kitchens all while waiting on that wee ginger man taking way too long to kick the thingy into the goal?
Or you don't say 'Excuse me' 52 times as you push yer way through the crowd, ten minutes after the game starts, because your bladder is full of lager but you hadn't the feckin sense to do what yer parents told you and 'Go before it starts'?
I'll miss the prom....
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Tighter End wrote:So you don't pull out yer phone and show yer mates High-Lairious pics of yer dog wearing an Ulster scarf, or yer new beemer which you're boss got for you after you sold oodles of kitchens all while waiting on that wee ginger man taking way too long to kick the thingy into the goal?
Or you don't say 'Excuse me' 52 times as you push yer way through the crowd, ten minutes after the game starts, because your bladder is full of lager but you hadn't the feckin sense to do what yer parents told you and 'Go before it starts'?
I'll miss the prom....
No, none of the above.

Not me.

I don't have a dog; if I did I wouldn't put a scarf on it and I rarely take a photo with my phone.

I don't have a new beemer and I don't sell kitchens

I would say excuse me if pushing my way through the crowd, but I just wouldn't do that while the wee ginger fella's concentrating, and my bladder wouldn't be that full of lager.

But then I'm on the terrace, not the prom.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Fecking love lager beet at the ruggers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Not me either, Tender, though we have 4 dogs none have ever shown the slightest interest in wearing a scarf, despite having an unhealthy interest in my socks. I did drink some lager the other night but it was an unrewarding sidetrip from swallying Arthur's Genius.

I have never driven a car that has less than 60000 miles on the clock other than rentals, and kitchens were never my form of slave labour, having served as a usurer for several decades. The ould bladder however is a different story, I do welcome an injury to an opponent 5 minutes before HT as the pressure to evacuate the pre-game pints builds.

You will be amazed how joyful it is when you become a Memorial stand dweller to do the pish'n'pint run in 2 minutes flat and back in your chair to watch the minis, unless of course you are one of these very modern metrosexuals who undo the belt and practically take their strides off to have a pish. Must say that has always struck me as unnecessary nonsense when the good lord made the inventor of skinnies wise enough to incorporate a convenient slit in the garment to allow one to point Percy at the porcelain without semi undressing.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Putting an Ulster scarf on ones dog, cute but a bit fûcked up, it's the one putting the dogs into ulster shirts need their heads examined, oh that and bakebokers in Ulster onesies with a sheep wig and Munster fleg getting ready for Pro 12 final, okay I get it you bought a ticket in hope, but by fûck stop making a spectacle of yerself man
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Gerald the Mole wrote:Putting an Ulster scarf on ones dog, cute but a bit fûcked up, it's the one putting the dogs into ulster shirts need their heads examined, oh that and bakebokers in Ulster onesies with a sheep wig and Munster fleg getting ready for Pro 12 final, okay I get it you bought a ticket in hope, but by fûck stop making a spectacle of yerself man
I did think that one was going further than even HWM would and that's saying something
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Putting an Ulster scarf on ones dog, cute but a bit fûcked up, it's the one putting the dogs into ulster shirts need their heads examined, oh that and bakebokers in Ulster onesies with a sheep wig and Munster fleg getting ready for Pro 12 final, okay I get it you bought a ticket in hope, but by fûck stop making a spectacle of yerself man
I did think that one was going further than even HWM would and that's saying something
Oxymoron Rooster. There is no limit to the stupidity of HWM. He's fit for anything.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Oxymoron Rooster. There is no limit to the stupidity of HWM. He's fit for anything.
I don't know why Mike puts up with this sort of nonsense from his 2BC underlings ............. and that Grumpy chap is most disrespectful too, poor Mike. A bakepainted leader may not command respect, fair enough, but the way you guys disparage the fella is just too too rude. :lol: