Gibbes away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Re: Gibbes away

Post by jean valjean »

Rovi Snave wrote:Re. Hendy playing next year - from what I've heard he's gone if Jackson and Olding are acquitted and effectively sacked!!! Apparently he told Bryn where to stuff it after being dressed down for attending the trial. :duh:

It's going to et a lot worse before it gets better, if ever!
He won't be the only one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Ferris on Radio Ulster essentially calling Logan a coward.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
And Paddy Wallace, with his big mate beside him has grown a pair and called for Logan to resign.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
For fecks sake have those pair not taken the advice here on that months ago
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Intriguingly, Cunningham also hinted that further changes could afoot at the Irish province.

"We have got to a point where we have got to make serious changes to how we operate.
Logan next one out the door :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Rovi Snave wrote:Re. Hendy playing next year - from what I've heard he's gone if Jackson and Olding are acquitted and effectively sacked!!! Apparently he told Bryn where to stuff it after being dressed down for attending the trial. :duh:

He'll hardly go to France or England after throwing a stropp at a recent supporters event, after all they would only treat you like a piece of meat and flog you to death....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can you shine some more light on this?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Not sure why Bryn would say near rock bottom, is it going to get worse?

At the end of the day it all comes back to developing youngsters through the academy, if you do that year after year any turnover in the coaching staff isn't a big deal, but given that there isn't much we have done well for a long time there are real issues.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
scrum5 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe with so many Daves n the team Gibbes couldn’t tell one from the other...

I reckon the supporters meeting will go a breeze now as we will simply paint a picture of a clean slate from next year and the only way is up.. one question I would ask of someone going if they can get pass the PR Police is quite simply requiring a straight answer namely who was responsible for identifying and approving the signing of the Hond, Deysel and Heron to name just three of dozens..
your question will be asked....
..........by all means, albeit I answered on Hond, Deysel & Piutau yesterday..............as indeed did Rooster a week or three back. :roll:

If you missed it, they were all sought after by one, Lesbian Kiss, you may remember him, he worked at Spanners for a while, fu@k all use and unlike the silent CEO Shane Midas Logan, aka The Quiet Man, everything Lesbian touched turned to shiite, a Reverse Midas if you will. Small fella, fusty tache and Joe90 glasses, you may have seen him about.
Did Piutau (April 2015) not come before KISS (hard to pin the exact day he came) .. that deal was being worked on for sometime and not even Bryn was involved as I think he said he was an agent at the time.. presumably not Charles's. Bryn stated that he seen Coetzee and had to sign him so I remain confused whether that was him on a shopping whim.

No doubt the above signings have Kisses fingerprints all over them but my assumption would have been Kiss was identifying positions and types of players needed along with staff and likely Bryn to some degree. Kiss wouldn't know or be expected to do the day to day chasing to see who was free and when that was Bryn's job.

Bryn would presumably then either approach agents etc to see who or what was available whilst being advised what might be coming up and when.. he would then look at the business side to see if it fits the wages...

In other words Kiss to Bryn I need a non 6 and and 8 or someone that can do both jobs at international level. Bryn to agents we are looking a big 6 or 8 with these skills do you have anything available or coming up.. Agent to Bryn yeh here are a few options or Agent to Bryn nope.. move on.. or same Agent to Bryn no but we have player C becoming available next year would he fit your needs and he will only cost this.. etc etc etc...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Lurgan Lad wrote:Not sure why Bryn would say near rock bottom, is it going to get worse?

At the end of the day it all comes back to developing youngsters through the academy, if you do that year after year any turnover in the coaching staff isn't a big deal, but given that there isn't much we have done well for a long time there are real issues.
if this isn't rock bottom what the feck will be..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Lurgan Lad wrote:Not sure why Bryn would say near rock bottom, is it going to get worse?

Hmm, quite easy this one: the 2 idiots guilty. Or cleared and sacked, the Hendy goes too, Jihad retires, Marcell makes a comeback match and breaks for his third season in a row, we get relegated to the Parker Pen and fail to get out of the group stages, Cooney goes back to Connacht and p gets a new contract.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:No doubt the above signings have Kisses fingerprints all over them but my assumption would have been Kiss was identifying positions and types of players needed along with staff and likely Bryn to some degree. Kiss wouldn't know or be expected to do the day to day chasing to see who was free and when that was Bryn's job.

Bryn would presumably then either approach agents etc to see who or what was available whilst being advised what might be coming up and when.. he would then look at the business side to see if it fits the wages...

In other words Kiss to Bryn I need a non 6 and and 8 or someone that can do both jobs at international level. Bryn to agents we are looking a big 6 or 8 with these skills do you have anything available or coming up.. Agent to Bryn yeh here are a few options or Agent to Bryn nope.. move on.. or same Agent to Bryn no but we have player C becoming available next year would he fit your needs and he will only cost this.. etc etc etc...
I have previously heard that there is a database with all professional players on it along with their contract details, in that length of contract and when it expires
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

TopPoster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Hmm, quite easy this one: the 2 idiots guilty. Or cleared and sacked, the Hendy goes too, Jihad retires, Marcell makes a comeback match and breaks for his third season in a row, we get relegated to the Parker Pen and fail to get out of the group stages, Cooney goes back to Connacht and p gets a new contract.
You're a sick-bar steward with that last one...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

TopPoster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Didn't sound too bad til the last part Image

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

I aim to please.....
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:
TopPoster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

You're a sick-bar steward with that last one...
p is getting new contract,should be announced soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

One year surely?