Scarlets v Ulster Saturday May 11 3:05pm KO Premier Sports UK 1 / Premier Sports Ireland 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Scarlets v Ulster Saturday May 11 3:05pm KO Premier Sports UK 1 / Premier Sports Ireland 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

I think Leo will roll the dice on the returnees for game time, and those who need battle hardened.
Expect a strong squad not the SA Kids.
They'll not be complacent or undercooked like last year I fear
Exterminate all rational thought
John_e_boy
Squire

Re: Scarlets v Ulster Saturday May 11 3:05pm KO Premier Sports UK 1 / Premier Sports Ireland 2 / Super Sport / URC TV

Post by John_e_boy »

I watched the game in an almost deserted pub with my (South African) ex-coach.

He said Ulster have talent but no brains or discipline.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

John_e_boy wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:07 pm I watched the game in an almost deserted pub with my (South African) ex-coach.

Astute
kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

John_e_boy wrote:I watched the game in an almost deserted pub with my (South African) ex-coach.

And if he was Ulster's coach, how would he go about fixing that?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave a goal line kick the number one priority is touch usually the angle is such that length is not possible . A long kick from the goal line which fails to get touch is highly dangerous because without a proper follow up chasers can be easily beaten by the receiver and a running return is at pace and hard to tackle unless the ball carrier runs into contact .

Ideally a good goal line kick should be just beyond the 22 in a deep touch to avoid the quick throw in but as i have said time and angle the ideal is seldom achieved.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Dave a goal line kick the number one priority is touch usually the angle is such that length is not possible . A long kick from the goal line which fails to get touch is highly dangerous because without a proper follow up chasers can be easily beaten by the receiver and a running return is at pace and hard to tackle unless the ball carrier runs into contact .

Ideally a good goal line kick should be just beyond the 22 in a deep touch to avoid the quick throw in but as i have said time and angle the ideal is seldom achieved.
Agreed. The problem was that this box kick did not make touch. Scarlets then scored from the resulting possession.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

An age old Ulster problem. Toulouse, last year and this, are the most prolific team in Europe at scoring tries in returning opposition kicks. Didn’t stop Ulster in the 2 legged match continuing to kick the ball down their throats. Ntamack actually moved to full back to field them. Hence losing winning position in last 5 minutes…….again.

Yep, no brains……….or silly instructions from the sidelines.