TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by justinr73 »

Jetstream wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:45 pm Garth Steenson has left his coaching role at Exeter. He is moving back to NI with his family.
He’s our new 10.
DodgyEverything
Novice

Post by DodgyEverything »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 pm
Kanbei wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Neill_M wrote:
Dharper wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm HB ain’t coming to UR, just can’t see it. The IRFU have zero reasons to block an NIQ 10 from UR.
DH is going to have to ruffle some feathers.

As an aside - let’s just remember in this shitshow it’s forced our hand to expose McCann Wilson Sheridan and now Izzy.

I see JP is now back focusing on d at scarlets…..get our man back!! I think he wants back. A good coach and top class int quality player who loves the club is exactly the type of personality you want at UR.
Harry Byrne has signed a new Leinster contract.
Thank Christ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any good news at all? :lol:
Yes

Player or coach? Been a while since there's been a cryptic hinting post
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

justinr73 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:56 pm
Jetstream wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 8:45 pm Garth Steenson has left his coaching role at Exeter. He is moving back to NI with his family.
He’s our new 10.
Not much older than Crudden.
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

Supposedly talking to Aidan Morgan
22 years old
Irish Qualified
Hurricanes out half
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

From the same journo who ran with the Deegan story.

He’s due to get one right.

11 conversions in two games of SR for this lad this season.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ljsulster wrote:Supposedly talking to Aidan Morgan
22 years old
Irish Qualified
Hurricanes out half

The King is dead. Long live the King.
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

kingofthehill wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:22 pm
ljsulster wrote:Supposedly talking to Aidan Morgan
22 years old
Irish Qualified
Hurricanes out half

Good signing KOTH?
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

sounds good

plus he has a good mop on him
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jackman seemed fairly confident on the 42 pod today that Ewers is off.

Munster have apparently offered a large chunk of (their incoming Frisch) cash on a NIQ back three player.

Murray Kinsella (correctly) said we were pretty tom kite against Scarlets but felt we should be ensuring that Addison is still around next season.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Addison is a must IMO.
More brain cells than the rest of the backline out together
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

justinr73 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm Jackman seemed fairly confident on the 42 pod today that Ewers is off.

Munster have apparently offered a large chunk of (their incoming Frisch) cash on a NIQ back three player.

Murray Kinsella (correctly) said we were pretty tom kite against Scarlets but felt we should be ensuring that Addison is still around next season.
Interesting I thought Ewers was signed on a 2yr deal, so he’d be going a yr early if I was correct. I think with the young pups coming through he wouldn’t be a huge loss in all honesty.

Re Addison: from what I’ve seen, I think his pace is now too far down to be an effective counter attacking 15, in terms of hitting gaps etc. I’d like to see Moore there, if he can get a run of fitness.

I think WA is a pretty good 13, but Hume is better. Is it enough reason to keep him? Could Moore operate there short term til Hume back? Can postlewaite be used there?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Dharper wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:11 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 8:34 pm Jackman seemed fairly confident on the 42 pod today that Ewers is off.

Interesting I thought Ewers was signed on a 2yr deal, so he’d be going a yr early if I was correct. I think with the young pups coming through he wouldn’t be a huge loss in all honesty.

Re Addison: from what I’ve seen, I think his pace is now too far down to be an effective counter attacking 15, in terms of hitting gaps etc. I’d like to see Moore there, if he can get a run of fitness.

I think WA is a pretty good 13, but Hume is better. Is it enough reason to keep him? Could Moore operate there short term til Hume back? Can postlewaite be used there?
Nobody is quite certain how long Ewers signed for. Could have been a 1 plus 1 and we’ve made sure he hasn’t played enough to get the second year? I reckon he’s got a part to play if we’re going to rescue this season.

Hume sadly won’t be firing again until after the 6N, in all likelihood. I wouldn’t say that’s short term.

There’s no indication that Sale have offered Will anything. Let’s put 12 months on the table.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

justinr73 wrote:
Dharper wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:11 pm

Nobody is quite certain how long Ewers signed for. Could have been a 1 plus 1 and we’ve made sure he hasn’t played enough to get the second year? I reckon he’s got a part to play if we’re going to rescue this season.

Hume sadly won’t be firing again until after the 6N, in all likelihood. I wouldn’t say that’s short term.

There’s no indication that Sale have offered Will anything. Let’s put 12 months on the table.
Addison is away to sale.
Ewers is away but not sure destination.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Rhys Ruddock’s contract believed to be up, not announced among their renewals, 32 now and nit getting a look in at all, but would be a considerable upgrade on Ewers..

Also in players released in positions of weakness for us, Wyn Jones and Dan Jones of Scarlets, neither of them in the international reckoning. Dan nothing special but honestly I would have him in the squad as back-up ahead of Flannery and Humphreys.
..one more thing
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

Ruddock is retiring.