TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by justinr73 »

And there’s probably little point comparing him to Munster’s back up 10 anyway.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Beggars can't be choosers. I'd take Harry Byrne over anything else we have at the minute, including Billy. Let's be honest, a good 10 isn't going to turn us into world beaters but we need better than what is in the cupboard at the minute.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ljsulster wrote:Leinster doing contract extensions alphabetically and Harry Byrne hasn’t been announced. Anyone heard anything regarding him heading our way?
Judging by recent trends, not touching here with the proverbial.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

HB ain’t coming to UR, just can’t see it. The IRFU have zero reasons to block an NIQ 10 from UR.
DH is going to have to ruffle some feathers.

As an aside - let’s just remember in this shitshow it’s forced our hand to expose McCann Wilson Sheridan and now Izzy.

I see JP is now back focusing on d at scarlets…..get our man back!! I think he wants back. A good coach and top class int quality player who loves the club is exactly the type of personality you want at UR.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

jean valjean wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:06 pm Beggars can't be choosers. I'd take Harry Byrne over anything else we have at the minute, including Billy. Let's be honest, a good 10 isn't going to turn us into world beaters but we need better than what is in the cupboard at the minute.
I've never understood what the fuss is with Harry Byrne, I just don't see it. I remember the hype down south when Ross first started getting noticed, 'his younger brother is even better'. Have seen him quite a few times since and the only significant performance I can think is coming off the bench to win us the game at the RDS earlier this year, with a couple of errors that'd make iHumph blush.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Connacht have signed Ben Murphy scrum half from Leinster, so good chance Michael McDonald will return to the Ulster squad next season.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Dharper wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm HB ain’t coming to UR, just can’t see it. The IRFU have zero reasons to block an NIQ 10 from UR.

As an aside - let’s just remember in this shitshow it’s forced our hand to expose McCann Wilson Sheridan and now Izzy.

I see JP is now back focusing on d at scarlets…..get our man back!! I think he wants back. A good coach and top class int quality player who loves the club is exactly the type of personality you want at UR.
Harry Byrne has signed a new Leinster contract.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Neill_M wrote:
Dharper wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 9:43 pm HB ain’t coming to UR, just can’t see it. The IRFU have zero reasons to block an NIQ 10 from UR.

Thank Christ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Neill_M wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:02 pm

Presumably those hilarious WUMs at Leinster at work again by announcing it, unlike the other deals, out of alphabetical order.

Bit like when they announced the latest central contract and Barrett on the same day.

Bunch of banker s , the lot of them.
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:03 pm
Neill_M wrote:

Thank Christ!

Any good news at all? :lol:
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Kanbei wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Thank Christ!

Yes

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Jared Payne not in the leaving list at Scarlets, so another "rumour" / idea put to bed.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

kingofthehill wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:02 pm
Kanbei wrote:
Neill_M wrote:

Thank Christ!

Yes

About players though?
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Neill_M wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:36 pm Jared Payne not in the leaving list at Scarlets, so another "rumour" / idea put to bed.
I suspect RM will be stuck with the coaching tkt til end of contracts next season because of finances. Bell will be a goner!! JP may well be out of contract by that point, and the obvious and best replacement.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Garth Steenson has left his coaching role at Exeter. He is moving back to NI with his family.